Forum Jump: 
 8Likes

post #721 of 807 Old 01-17-2014, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Yes, calMAN has a set of measurements that determine if the display is close enough to calibrate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 807 Old 01-17-2014, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post

Yes, calMAN has a set of measurements that determine if the display is close enough to calibrate.

Yes the Cube workflow has an optimize display section.

Derek

CTO / Founder - SpectraCal Inc.
post #723 of 807 Old 01-28-2014, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 173
New FW Update for the 20xx Series:

Production 011714- Adds a clean transition for aspect changes. Fixes stereo/Coax/Tos audio input to HDMI audio output. Fixes loss of audio for some audio format changes on input. Update time ~3 minutes @57k

http://www.lumagen.com/testindex.php?module=radiance20XX_updates

FW Updated to 012014

Now 012814 >> Now 020114

post #724 of 807 Old 02-13-2014, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 424
CalMAN 5.3.0 RC2 Build: 1430 Released @ 13 February 2014

Resolved Issues

Resolved an issue with the DVDO TPG where the levels were incorrect.
Resolved issue with the data format of .cfe files for Flanders Scientific displays was incorrect.
Resolved issue where data was not populating to the View 3D Luminance layout of the Color Cube (3D LUT) workflow.
Resolved issue where the button to connect to the pattern source on the Monitor – Advanced workflow was not working.

Download CalMAN 5 for Business 5.3.0 RC2 (Build 1430)

Download CalMAN 5 for Home Video Calibration 5.3.0 RC2 (Build 1430)
p5browne likes this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #725 of 807 Old 02-15-2014, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Noticed a 3D setting while calibrating with Calman last night. Any instructions on how to use this?

New Lumagen 20XX FW: 020314 >> 021814

NEW Download Page for the Calman Final Release 5.3. Note: Best to download using IE. Google Chrome Now coming up with the Download Button, but it doesn't always work!

http://color.spectracal.com/downloads
post #726 of 807 Old 03-12-2014, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

CalMAN 5.3.0 Build: 1450 Released @ 12 March 2014

New Features

Added a new Sliding Power gamma formula. This is a Power formula with black compensation and a target exponent which behaves similarly to the BT1886 formula.

Added Grayscale Priority Interpolation for 3D LUTs.

Added Brightness and Contrast ramp patterns for the Virtual Forge, Video Forge Classic, Video Forge II 4K, and Video Forge II HDMI generators from within CalMAN.

Issues Resolved

Resolved issue that limited the 3D Cube report to license levels with design mode.

Resolved issue that when disconnecting from resolve as a pattern generator.

Fixed a broken navigation button in the SI Pro workflow.

Improved 3D LUT compatibility with Resolve and the IS Mini, improving results at the low end of grayscale.

Made adjustments to the Monitor – Standard workflow to deal with changes to VMware Fusion.

Resolved an issue where the gamma exponent was not being properly restored when loading a workflow or data file.

Corrected issue with dE 1994 calculation.

Changes

Added Saturations AutoCal to the SI Pro workflow.

The default pattern size for the Client 3 now defaults to full field. Those users who have already connected to Client 3 as a pattern source will default to whatever their last setting was.

Notes

SIP based meters, such as the C3, i1D2, and Chroma 5, appear to have an issue when trying to take readings on displays which are still stabilizing after a pattern change. This can cause them to stop responding. This in turn will cause lost connection errors in CalMAN such as Error 6 and Error 7: Display Type not supported. Another symptom of this issue is when CalMAN appears to hang on a meter read or a meter read takes a very long time.

A solution for this issue is to increase the pattern generators Delay setting, allowing the display to stabilize before we start a reading. The Delay setting can be found under the Source tab.
Download CalMAN 5 for Business 5.3.0 (Build 1450)

Download CalMAN 5 for Home Video Calibration 5.3.0 (Build 1450)

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
post #727 of 807 Old 03-14-2014, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Radiance 20XX:
Production 030114- Fix for an issue with Cambridge audio receiver in front of Radiance resulting in severely green/pink colors if using Radiance default video EDID. Fix for bad onscreen test patterns within the grayscale command. Fix for issue when output 1 video was turned off causing occasional stutter on output 2 video. Fix for 2022/2042 copying analog input settings from one input memory to another. Fix for 2022/2042 analog inputs did not correctly select the output CMS and Styles. Note that the new image based auto aspect feature is still in beta. Update time ~15 minutes @57k from previous firmware

Radiance XS and XE
Production 030114- Fix for an issue with Cambridge audio receiver in front of Radiance resulting in severely green/pink colors if using Radiance default video EDID. Fix for bad onscreen test patterns within the grayscale command. Fix for an issue with some DVI input displays in establishing a connection for video when display is powered up more than a minute after Radiance. Update time ~3 minutes @57k from previous firmware

http://www.lumagen.com/testindex.php?module=updates

Also recommend if the Radiance is Outputting Audio to an AVR or TV, shut AVR Off. The TV, once you see the FW starting to Update, shut the TV Off. This is to remove Audio updating issues.
post #728 of 807 Old 03-14-2014, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

Radiance 20XX:

Also recommend if the Radiance is Outputting Audio to an AVR or TV, shut AVR Off. The TV, once you see the FW starting to Update, shut the TV Off. This is to remove Audio conflicts.

The audio conflict.. would it affect the update process or it would affect audio after update? Sorry, this is not clear to me. If I am doing update to Lumagen, I probably don't care about Audio conflict during the update period, as long as after update, i am fine and everything is good. Is this what you are referring to? Thx.
post #729 of 807 Old 03-15-2014, 05:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight4yu View Post

Quote:

Radiance 20XX:

Also recommend if the Radiance is Outputting Audio to an AVR or TV, shut AVR Off. The TV, once you see the FW starting to Update, shut the TV Off. This is to remove Audio conflicts.

The audio conflict.. would it affect the update process or it would affect audio after update? Sorry, this is not clear to me. If I am doing update to Lumagen, I probably don't care about Audio conflict during the update period, as long as after update, i am fine and everything is good. Is this what you are referring to? Thx.

Hello, sometimes a new firmware update could result in improved video performance, Lumagen is always working with internal improvements to mathematical accuracy in the processing stage, but sometimes these (slight) modifications are not announced to the firmware released notes, but are always welcomed smile.gif

post #730 of 807 Old 03-15-2014, 07:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 179
How does the Radiance 3D mini figure into 4K displays? Same question about the eeColor Box.

This presumes that the 3D mini will essentially be used as a signal generator.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #731 of 807 Old 03-15-2014, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

How does the Radiance 3D mini figure into 4K displays? Same question about the eeColor Box.

This presumes that the 3D mini will essentially be used as a signal generator.

It really doesn't , except, as you say as a 2k pattern generator.
post #732 of 807 Old 03-15-2014, 09:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

It really doesn't , except, as you say as a 2k pattern generator.

Does that mean that there a fundamental problem in running native 4K content on a 4K display that's calibrated using Rec 709?

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #733 of 807 Old 03-15-2014, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Does that mean that there a fundamental problem in running native 4K content on a 4K display that's calibrated using Rec 709?

It means the Mini 3D won't process native 4k.
post #734 of 807 Old 03-15-2014, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

you want to have your display playing back the media it shows in the same colourspace as the media was mastered for. So if your 4k content was mastered for REC709 then that's what you should use..and it doesn't matter whether the pattern generator used for that calibration was outputting 1080p or 4k unless the display behaves differently when fed different resolutions. So far, with the 4K projectors i've measured, their response has been the same with 4K or 1080P

Gordon

Convergent-AV
ISF, Home Theater Consultants and Distribution, U.K.
post #735 of 807 Old 03-15-2014, 12:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Gordon,

Thanks for the clarification.

I had assumed that all 4K content would be mastered in BT2020. Apparently, that's not the case.

post #736 of 807 Old 03-15-2014, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

This is odd. What am I missing? You (Gordon and Jim) are discussing color space problems. It seems the more basic problem is the Mini 3D not being able to process native 4k content at all.
post #737 of 807 Old 03-15-2014, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight4yu View Post

Some FW Updates are Video Related, some Audio, and sometimes both. As ConnecTTTed mentioned, there may also be updates not listed. Have noticed during some previous updates with my AVR On, things got messed up, or even froze. Since leaving the AVR turned Off, no more such problems. Remember - better to be safe than sorry! (Like the man who boasted to everyone, oil changes are a conspiracy by the oil companies to sell more oil. He refused to change his oil until one day his motor seized! Now where did he save any money?)
fight4yu and ConnecTEDDD like this.
post #738 of 807 Old 03-15-2014, 09:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 42
Quote:

Some FW Updates are Video Related, some Audio, and sometimes both. As ConnecTTTed mentioned, there may also be updates not listed. Have noticed during some previous updates with my AVR On, things got messed up, or even froze. Since leaving the AVR turned Off, no more such problems. Remember - better to be safe than sorry! (Like the man who boasted to everyone, oil changes are a conspiracy by the oil companies to sell more oil. He refused to change his oil until one day his motor seized! Now where did he save any money?)

Thanks! Although I don't have my audio output to my AVR, I would update with it off then! Thanks!
post #739 of 807 Old 03-16-2014, 01:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

This is odd. What am I missing? You (Gordon and Jim) are discussing color space problems. It seems the more basic problem is the Mini 3D not being able to process native 4k content at all.

yes, that is quite correct...but then, they never said it would, it doesn't have the necessary hardware, 4K sources did not exist was it was developed...and indeed domestic 4K sources still do not exist....

Convergent-AV
post #740 of 807 Old 03-16-2014, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Fraser View Post

yes, that is quite correct...but then, they never said it would, it doesn't have the necessary hardware, 4K sources did not exist was it was developed...and indeed domestic 4K sources still do not exist....

Exactly my point. It just seemed you had leaped over that very important point. But I see you are aware and defend the Darbee, as well it should be.
post #741 of 807 Old 03-16-2014, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Exactly my point. It just seemed you had leaped over that very important point. But I see you are aware and defend the Darbee, as well it should be.

I am no sure what darbee has to do with anything here.....i was answering JimP's question,"Does that mean that there a fundamental problem in running native 4K content on a 4K display that's calibrated using Rec 709?". He had already mentioned that he was only considering the mini to be a test pattern generator in such a scenario....

My answer was not specific to lumagen mini or indeed any Lumagen product. I know this is a thread about 5x5x5 lut calibration with calman but i had assumed that everyone reading would know what input and output capabilities the various lumagen processors have. I'll try to be more careful in future so as not to possibly confuse.

Convergent-AV
post #742 of 807 Old 03-16-2014, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Fraser View Post

I am no sure what darbee has to do with anything here.....i was answering JimP's question,"Does that mean that there a fundamental problem in running native 4K content on a 4K display that's calibrated using Rec 709?". He had already mentioned that he was only considering the mini to be a test pattern generator in such a scenario....

My answer was not specific to lumagen mini or indeed any Lumagen product. I know this is a thread about 5x5x5 lut calibration with calman but i had assumed that everyone reading would know what input and output capabilities the various lumagen processors have. I'll try to be more careful in future so as not to possibly confuse.

Oh... crumb... just take out back and shoot me. I meant "Mini 3D".

Yes... I see what you were saying. Sorry to be so dense. I now release this thread from my cluelessness. Sorry.
post #743 of 807 Old 04-04-2014, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

CalMAN 5.3.1 Build 1532 Open Beta is available for download.

Release Notes

Optimization and improvements on cube AutoCAL's.

post #744 of 807 Old 04-05-2014, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post

CalMAN 5.3.1 Build 1532 Open Beta is available for download.

Release Notes

Optimization and improvements on cube AutoCAL's.

Sounds great! Can SpectralCal (or anyone) provide more details on specifically what optimizations and improvements are included in this update?
post #745 of 807 Old 04-05-2014, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post

Sounds great! Can SpectralCal (or anyone) provide more details on specifically what optimizations and improvements are included in this update?

We cleaned up some edge cases we we'd take more reads than necessary. We also fixes some issues related to when you limit the calibration to reference white. It also includes the updates to the status messages I mentioned in a different thread.

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
post #746 of 807 Old 04-05-2014, 12:14 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Joel-

Any insight of when(or if) calman will support full RGB triplets for the DVDO TPG? Rumor through the grapevine is that the TPG already has support for full triplets. Currently Calman only has RGB% for the TPG. Thank you in advance...
post #747 of 807 Old 04-05-2014, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1forsnow View Post

Joel-

Any insight of when(or if) calman will support full RGB triplets for the DVDO TPG? Rumor through the grapevine is that the TPG already has support for full triplets. Currently Calman only has RGB% for the TPG. Thank you in advance...

Probably a couple more weeks. We have been and are focused on getting products ready for NAB.

Derek

CTO / Founder - SpectraCal Inc.
post #748 of 807 Old 04-25-2014, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

CalMAN 5.3.5 Build 1551 Open Beta is available for download.

Release Notes

Added Wide Gamut CCFL and LED RGB tables for the i1Display Pro meters.

CalMAN AutoCube calibration now uses a new Dynamic Linearity Correction™ (DLC) algorithm to dynamically identify nonlinear areas within a display’s 3D color space and add just enough adjustment points in those areas to correct the nonlinear response.

Improved performance on Eizo LUTs.

Corrected an issue which would create invalid cube calibrations when Limit re Reference White was selected.

Made some modifications to cube calibrations which should increase performance at the low end.

Improved Resolve calibrations - There is an issue with the Resolve project we have provided for verifications. A temporary fix is to right click on all of the elements in the project and under Clipping, force it to Video. This change along with the recent changes in CalMAN should give excellent results in Resolve. An updated Resolve QSG and updated Resolve project will be coming.

post #749 of 807 Old 04-30-2014, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Calman 5.3.5 Beta #1556 Bug Fix now available,

http://spectracal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=5287

Calman 5.3.5 Beta Build #1562 now available:

http://spectracal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=5298
post #750 of 807 Old 05-11-2014, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 221
This may be in here somewhere, but I can't find the magic search string... is CalMAN measuring 125 points for 5x5x5 LUTs & 729 points for 9x9x9 LUTS? I haven't waited around to count while doing LUT calibrations.

If each point is measured, the 30-40 minutes it takes to do the measurements for a 9x9x9 LUT with my equipment is going to turn into something like 5 hours for a 17x17x17 LUT with one of the 21XX Radiance processors. I'm guessing there's something else in play for the 17x17x17 LUTs to keep the amount of time from stretching out to 5 hours... yes? Interpolation of some of the points?

"Movies is magic..." Van Dyke Parks
THX Certified Professional Video Calibration
ISF -- HAA -- www.dBtheatrical.com
Widescreen Review -- Home Theater & Sound
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page