i1 display2 and samsung T220 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-23-2012, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I recently re-calibrated my monitor using my i1 Display2 and the EyeMatch software. I'm a little confused about a few things. I've read about people using EyeMatch, and they say to use the "advanced" mode. There is no option for that in mine. I've also read that there are different versions of the i1 (retail vs OEM). I think I might have the less expensive one. Is this why my software is limited, and is that limitation built-in to the device?

I went through the calibration process, and when I get to the part where I have to set the custom RGB levels (screen cap is just an example, not from my actual cal), I can't seem to get the blue to line up. If I turn the green to 0, and the red and blue up, it works, but having the green at 0 seems odd.

I adjusted the RGB settings until it says the actual temp is 6500, but the bars aren't all centered in the central green zone. Is this OK? How can the color temp be correct, and yet the bars aren't all centered? My final setting was

R: 10
G: 10
B: 18

So basically, what you see below is how mine looked, but the RGB bars were not all centered.

BTW, my monitor is a Samsung Syncmaster T220. After using EyeMatch, I used Lacie Blue Eye to test the calibration, and it also said the color temp was almost right on at 6500K.

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-23-2012, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
**Update** I switched back to my old icc profile. This new one where I set the RGB manually just didn't look quite right. Grays were slightly pink. I decided to just use the monitor's "normal" preset, which is supposed to be close to 6500K, and then I let the software run through its routine. Seems better this way.

Anyway, I'm still wondering about the i1. I looked at the sticker on it, and mine is the i1 LT. Anyone familiar with this know why I can't access the advanced mode within the program?
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page