LightSpace CMS Now Supports Lumagen + eeColor 3D-LUT 4 All - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #631 of 716 Old 01-08-2014, 04:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks Ted and Alex

Ted > I'm waiting your feedback on the Convergent forum (nickname: Adhara) for the order (LSCMS HCC).
Alex > My HTPC is connected to my 2041 only for Darbee and 4K/24p upscale.

Regards
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 716 Old 01-08-2014, 05:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 216
I have to say, Ted's disc or data file with the calibration patches is the perfect solution to profiling the whole chain!
And it is very, very simple to use.

Ted is also working on a set for the new advanced 21^3 profiling capability - which has proven to provide some serious improvements i final calibration quality.

Perfect biggrin.gif
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

Steve Shaw
LIGHT ILLUSION

post #633 of 716 Old 01-08-2014, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 84
+1 for the Ted's Disk, a must have smile.gif
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #634 of 716 Old 01-08-2014, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 471
Lumagen Radiance 20XX Series (2021, 2022, 2041, 2042) New 110404 Firmware Update

Release Notes

Audio fix for no audio on initial power up. Audio fix for sometimes getting no audio when source changes audio formats. (Update time ~3 minutes @57k)

Download Link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #635 of 716 Old 01-09-2014, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

I have a Lumagen 2041 and have compared CM's 21 point GS and 929 point LUT loaded into the 2041 to LS 4913 point profile/LUT loaded into the eecolor box.
My preference is LS 4913 doing a manual 10Pt GS using my VT60 controls, then loading the LUT into the eecolor box.

Two things to consider, eecolor box will not process a 3D movie and it is limited to what it can output for audio.

Your auto-iris may also be a problem no mater what software you use. Check it out, maybe ask Steve.

As Ted suggest, the i1Display PRO (ID3) OEM Version would be a nice addition to your meters. Use your I1Pro to profile your ID3, no matter what software you use.

Good luck,

ss

SS, have you compared running LS 4913 doing a manual 10pt GS using VT60, then loading the LUT into 9x9x9 in Radiance 2041? How is that compared to loading it into eecolor box? is the difference big? Moreover, how about loading the LUT to a 5x5x5 Lumagne XD?

In my video chain, I already have it pass to AVR, then to Lumagen XD, then to Darbee, then to my projector. I really don't want to add another eebox to it as this seems excessive. I do want my Lumagen as I need for the zooming convenience and dual output to my TV and PJ...so, I think my option is:

1) Buy no new HW. Just get LS and put LUT in my 5x5x5 Lumagen XD. --> zero cost (aside from getting HCL and Ted Disc, which I had to do on all 3 options anyway)
2) "Upgrade" my XD to a 2041 to get the 9x9x9 LUT. --> I think maybe out about 1500-2000, assuming I can sell my XD at a relatively OK price.
3) Add another eecolor box and get 65x65x65. --> Out 700, but that add another component to my video chain.

Any suggestion?

My display is a VT60 (and hearing the ABL issue from Plasma for calibration, not sure how much benefit I will get??) and JVC RS55 (no auto-iris, so this one might be a good candidate for more performance). I currently had a i1D-OEM and i1PRO, with Calman5. My VT60 is brand new since Monday, and so I still have not run any calibration or checking yet. I did download the demo version and would probably try some quick profile to get my hands-on soon.
post #636 of 716 Old 01-09-2014, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 263
fight4yu

I never used LS for a 5^3 (5X5X5) cube, I used CM. Yes there was a nice improvement.
I did do a 9^3 using LS and a 2041, yes there is a improvement over the 5^3.

1. If all you are going to do is a 5^3 or a 9^3 using a Lumagen, I would just stay with CM.
2 & 3. Forget about the 20xx, get a eecolor and LS and run a 17^3 or a 21^3 profile/LUT.

For best results on a VT60 do a 21^3 Profile/LUT using LS. However I don't think Ted's disc the way it is now will do a 21^3 LUT, but he is working on a disc that will do 21^3 LUT.
For now I would think you can use your Lumagen as a triplet patter generator for a 21^3 profile/LUT using eecolor and LS, like you do using CM for your 5^3 LUT's.

The biggest reason to use LS over CM for a large LUT is the time factor. LS takes just one reading per patch, CM will take about 3 different reading per patch. So CM will take about 3 time longer than LS.

Side note something I am playing with now. Using a 21^3 Profile/LUT. I am finding that just setting your 100% point using LS should keep you within the 3dE. After LS is done with the profile then run down the grayscale patches in LS and adjust the 10Pt grayscale settings in the VT60 using LS's bulls-eye and x,y numbers.
I am finding the best RGB balance I have seen to date, plus I am not doing two meter profiles (one for CM and one for LS) because of using CM for a grayscale.

ss
buzzard767 likes this.

"Don't worry be happy"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #637 of 716 Old 01-09-2014, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

For best results on a VT60 do a 21^3 Profile/LUT using LS. However I don't think Ted's disc the way it is now will do a 21^3 LUT, but he is working on a disc that will do 21^3 LUT.

SS, I have the Disk Chapter for 21-Point Cube ready and have burned it also, it's finished last week.

21-Point Cube (9.261 Color Points) with LightSpace and Klein K-10A with 0.5sec delay before each meter read using LightSpace's DIP Mode 1sec. it requires only 2 hours and 34 minutes exactly!

As you reported it took 2 hours and 44 minutes with your LightSpace+Klein+Lumagen, so my solution requires 11 minutes less time from using LightSpace + Klein + Lumagen as a Pattern Generator with 0.5sec delay before each meter read.

So I will have the fastest and most accurate solution in HT enviroment world right now smile.gif))))))))))))

I will include this to the next disk release, but only for Klein Meters use. DIP Mode Chapters 1 / 1.5 / 2 sec.

The release date for the 1.1 version of my disk is unknown since I want to add tons of new features that needs a lot of work for months...

...but Version 1.1 announcement will be huge, like a nuclear bomb to the calibration world.
buzzard767 and h2c like this.

S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
post #638 of 716 Old 01-10-2014, 12:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks Ted and SS. I don't have a Klein and I unlikely will ever get one as I cannot justify the price just for personal use... with i1D-OEM, how long would you say it takes for 21^3 profile?
I am intrigued by the eecolor, but without 3D, I will need a switch to bypass it and that again add even more delay to my video chain... tough decision, without actually "seeing" how much LS is going to improve compared to CM.
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #639 of 716 Old 01-10-2014, 03:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight4yu View Post

Thanks Ted and SS. I don't have a Klein and I unlikely will ever get one as I cannot justify the price just for personal use... with i1D-OEM, how long would you say it takes for 21^3 profile?
I am intrigued by the eecolor, but without 3D, I will need a switch to bypass it and that again add even more delay to my video chain... tough decision, without actually "seeing" how much LS is going to improve compared to CM.

Hello, for example, using a Sony LCD Display with the i1D3 with LightSpace In Closed Loop Mode, 0.75 secs integration time, and without low light average enabled, using LightSpace's Internal Pattern Generator from using notebook's HDMI output connection, it takes:

21^3 profile in 3 Hours, 50 Minutes, 20 Seconds.

17^3 profile in 1 Hour, 29 Minutes, 57 Seconds.

For a Plasma it will take longer since lower light patch readings will require more time from the meter to read... wink.gif

post #640 of 716 Old 01-13-2014, 05:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Thought I would post some screen shots of a 21^3 LUT using LightSpace for the Profile/LUT and Calman5 for the grayscale.

I used Normal Color Temp, and I don't use Green or Gamma Gain.

ss
ConnecTEDDD and Donat76 like this.

"Don't worry be happy"

post #641 of 716 Old 01-13-2014, 05:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 191
SS

Those look textbook.

What size/type patterns are you using?
sillysally likes this.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #642 of 716 Old 01-13-2014, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

SS

Those look textbook.

What size/type patterns are you using?

Hello Jim and thanks for the kind words.

I use a 5.5% non APL window, in both LS and CM.
I am using a 3/4 of a second pattern delay in LS and a one second pattern delay in CM.
LS takes about 3:23 to run a 21^3 profile/LUT, and the 10 point CM grayscale that I input manually into my VT60 takes me about 20 minuets.

ss.
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

"Don't worry be happy"

post #643 of 716 Old 01-15-2014, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

LightSpace CMS 6.5.0.1820

A new version of LightSpace is now available.

This version includes:

-- High resolution 21^3 profiling added (9.261 Color Points)
-- User patch set generation capability added, including non-grid based patches
-- Added Grey Scale only Profiling
-- Changed Probe Match (old probe match data is no longer valid)
-- Fix BT1886 gamma graph display
-- Change VideoScale filter operation
-- New LUT formats added

DOWNLOAD LightSpace CMS Demo or Upgrade for Licensed Users

DOWNLOAD LightSpace DPS (Display Profiling System) Free Version License Request

Notes

The new high-resolution profiling capabilities, including in-built 21^3 profiling, and the unrestricted user generated patch capability provides a level of calibration accuracy beyond any alternative calibration system.

This is a very powerful addition to LightSpace, and is unmatched within the calibration industry.

Please note that if you are using the in-built 'Probe Matching' function, all previous probe matching data files will need to be deleted and replaced with new files.

post #644 of 716 Old 01-19-2014, 04:57 PM

Liked: 14
Tried out the new version of lightspace. The BT1886 colorspace conversion now seems to work and produces a LUT that is different than the REC709 2.4 gamma LUT. The best new feature though is the 21^3 profiling capability. The LUTs I've generated from the 21^3 profile are visibly improved over the 17^3-based LUTs. It took 8 1/2 hours to create the profile with an i1display OEM probe in closed loop mode for a projector. Thanks for quickly fixing the BT1886 issue and introducing the new features.
One question though--does anyone know how to use the new parametric gamma controls?
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #645 of 716 Old 01-19-2014, 07:51 PM
Advanced Member

The Parametric Gamma controls are embedded in any user generated colour space profile - you can easily modify the existing ones to then save as your own new colour spaces.

The format is outlined here: http://www.lightillusion.com/forums/index.php?action=vthread&forum=8&topic=216#msg1507

There will be full user instructions within the on-line User Manuals, etc, but that's work-in-progress.

And we always answer e-mails questions, as well as on the Light Illusion forums.

And glad you like the new 21^3 profiling capability.
We have been amazed by the overall improvement in final accuracy - especially as all previous test showed 17^3 to be optimal.
We put the change down to improvements in probe and display capabilities - specifically stability.

Steve
h2c and ConnecTEDDD like this.

Steve Shaw
LIGHT ILLUSION

post #646 of 716 Old 01-20-2014, 11:23 PM

Liked: 17
I'm getting some pretty amazing results with LightSpace on my Kuro!

As most folks know, changing any of the the CMS controls available on a Kuro (in ISF mode via ControlCAL) can introduce some truly strange color responses, to the point where you just change them back to the defaults and go with oversaturated colors as they come out of the box. Of course, you run CalMAN to get a decent 1D calibration and near-perfect grayscales first, but living with saturation is a way of life. That is, until you discover 3D LUTs.

I was doing some reading a few months back (November 2013) about a number of folks who were creating a reasonably priced 3D LUT solution for the home market (Buzz, Ted, Steve--you know who you are, thank you!) and decided to give this a try. I have to say that I was hoping for an improvement and was convinced that it should be achievable, but am still wow'ed by the results.

Ingredients List...

Video chain:
Spectracal DPG1400 - For creating a constant 1080p24 signal so the Radiance input doesn't wink out
-OR-
Oppo BDP83SE - Blu-Ray player -WITH- Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Blu-Ray Disk
Lumagen Radiance XD - for test pattern generation (inline)
eeColor - 3D LUT box
Pioneer Pro141FD - Signature Kuro 60" plasma display

Software:
ControlCAL - for accessing ISF settings on the Kuro
CalMAN 5 - for 1D calibrations, pre-calibration and post-calibration color checks
LightSpace HCC - for 3D LUT generation
TruVue eeColor Application - for LUT changes

Connectivity & Meters:
Vaunix Lab Brick - lab-grade USB hub
Keyspan USA-19HS - USB to serial adapter
Xrite i1Pro - reference spectro
basICColor DISCUS - Spectracal-enhanced colorimeter

Recipe:

eeColor setup: prepared the eeColor for calibration per the LightSpace instructions, set to Unity LUT.

Meter setups: Xrite i1Pro set to plasma. basICColor DISCUS set to plasma, long integration mode (mode 2), and profiled to the i1Pro.

Calibration choices: Rec709, 2.2 gamma

Pre-calibration: used ControlCAL to set ISF-Day modes on the Kuro. Used CalMAN 5 to set brightness, contrast, sharpness,
R/G/B bias and gain, color, tint. ISF 10-point gamma deltas were all set to zero, CMS to defaults, Dot-By-Dot mode, no NR, etc.
Made sure there was no clipping leading up to 235, since by default, in ISF mode with no DRE, the Kuro generally ignores values
above 235 - no whiter than white, so can't check above 100%/235 for anything meaningful. Did a color check. Grayscales were
good but red/green were oversaturated and blue was lacking, as is characteristic of all Kuros.

Profiling/LUT Generation: Used LightSpace HCC, driving the Lumagen as a pattern generator with small (essentially 2%) windows.
Closed loop mode, additional delay of 0.5 seconds, DISCUS on plasma and long integration mode (mode 2) and profiled to the i1Pro.
Ran a 17^3 cube in this configuration, then created a few LUTs - one with peak luma, the other peak chroma. Uploaded to the eeColor
and ran a CalMan Color Checker. Found peak chroma gave a very slightly lower deltaE.

Next up: Use LightSpace HCC with Ted's LightSpace CMS disk. Reading speed derived from measurements with logging turned on:
reads took 4530 msec, plus 0.5 sec delay for LightSpace, plus 0.5 additional delay to allow the display to settle to the new color after
a patch color change... hence reading speed of 6 seconds. This runs extremely nicely, with perfect sync in concert with the LightSpace
DIP mode and will create an essentially perfect profile for the Blu-Ray. Haven't run a 17^3 cube yet, intend to try that next week.

The results are amazing, and I haven't really gotten started on tuning the LUTs with LightSpace filters, etc. This is "straight out of the box"...

First image is after PRE-CALIBRATION:

Second image is the results from a LightSpace 3D LUT with the setting at Peak Luma:

Third image is the results from LightSpace 3D LUT with the setting at Peak Chroma:
post #647 of 716 Old 01-21-2014, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 372
One of the things that we 3D LUT users have been saying all along is that even though dE comparisons between small profile and large profile 3D LUT calibrations can be very similar, the proof is in what we see while viewing content. Although subjective, sometimes the difference can be as startling as cycling a Darblet on and off, sometimes quite subtle, but nearly always noticeably better.

What do you see, Kristen?

Nice write up by the way. For your first post you present like a pro. smile.gif

Edit: Forum question: How do you have "Thumbs Up: 13" with only one post and at the bottom of the post the green thumb is showing 3. You must get a bonus just for showing up....
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

post #648 of 716 Old 01-21-2014, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenmarie View Post

I was doing some reading a few months back (November 2013) about a number of folks who were creating a reasonably priced 3D LUT solution for the home market (Buzz, Ted, Steve--you know who you are, thank you!) and decided to give this a try. I have to say that I was hoping for an improvement and was convinced that it should be achievable, but am still wow'ed by the results.

We are glad to hear you have good picture after your actual first try with LightSpace - eeColor + Ted's Disk Combination wink.gif This is a kiiler trio in HT market due to low cost / easy of use / pro results. wink.gif

This is your first run, things will be improved a lot when you will send me your measurements files, to suggest you some changes to your pre-calibration settings, to improve your RGB Separation, and after the measurements to guide you on how to identify and discard probe measurement errors, and other 3D LUT tricks wink.gif

A have done it before a lot of times to support my disk users or generally any LightSpace users they contact me. smile.gif

post #649 of 716 Old 01-21-2014, 06:26 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post

We are glad to hear you have good picture after your actual first try with LightSpace - eeColor + Ted's Disk Combination wink.gif This is a kiiler trio in HT market due to low cost / easy of use / pro results. wink.gif

This is your first run, things will be improved a lot when you will send me your measurements files, to suggest you some changes to your pre-calibration settings, to improve your RGB Separation, and after the measurements to guide you on how to identify and discard probe measurement errors, and other 3D LUT tricks wink.gif

A have done it before a lot of times to support my disk users or generally any LightSpace users they contact me. smile.gif

I am hopefully jumping in the LightSpace-eeColor-Ted's disc arena soon as well. I have done a ton of reading on the LightSpace website and forum, have played around running a quick profile with the demo version and have been communicating back and forth with Steve. Steve wants to make sure LightSpace can perform a quality calibration with my display (sending him data) as my RGB Separation is not good at all, especially blue. To me that is awesome customer service!
post #650 of 716 Old 01-22-2014, 03:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:

It would be great if You can do this here in the forum and not by PM or email. As new users, like me, could learn a lot if we can download and import the files and see what professional LS users suggest to improve the outcome.

Also You will not receive as much mails, as users can educate themself in the forum, and You will have more time for Your new disc project. smile.gif
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

I use
post #651 of 716 Old 01-22-2014, 03:49 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFaxe View Post

It would be great if You can do this here in the forum and not by PM or email. As new users, like me, could learn a lot if we can download and import the files and see what professional LS users suggest to improve the outcome.

Also You will not receive as much mails, as users can educate themself in the forum, and You will have more time for Your new disc project. smile.gif

I agree with the above. I am getting very good consistent results as it is with LightSpace (just completed my 1st 21^3 profile last night) and would love to know more on what can be done to improve my results. I had been thinking of asking for some assistance but never got round to it
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #652 of 716 Old 01-22-2014, 04:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFaxe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDBeN View Post

I agree with the above. I am getting very good consistent results as it is with LightSpace (just completed my 1st 21^3 profile last night) and would love to know more on what can be done to improve my results. I had been thinking of asking for some assistance but never got round to it

I have no problem with that, but it's not so easy to be done from here since I will need your display pre-calibration settings list, LightSpace Pre-Calibration Quick Profiling, LightSpace Cube Profiling Measurements file, Post Calibration LightSpace Quick Profiling File and the eeColor LUT TXT File you are using.

Not Required but if you use CalMAN, use my Verify Calibration Workflow and take 21-Step Grayscale + 5-Step Saturations Pre and Post Profiling, of if you use ChromaPure; send me 21-Step Grayscale + 4-Step Saturarions Pre-Post.

post #653 of 716 Old 01-22-2014, 11:29 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Buzz wrote: "What do you see, Kristen?"

The images I'm getting on this display are nothing short of phenomenal. All colors feel dialed-in. There is greater shadow detail and spread throughout the range... in short, great conformance to 2.2 gamma (or whatever is dialed into LightSpace). The grayscales could and should be a squeak better but they're tolerable.

Quote:
Buzz wrote: "How do you have "Thumbs Up: 13" with only one post and at the bottom of the post the green thumb is showing 3. You must get a bonus just for showing up...."

I have no idea. Maybe I get one automatic thumbs up for every year of being an AVS member? I've been lurking since 2006. I guess that's a long time with no posts. smile.gif
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #654 of 716 Old 02-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post

I am hopefully jumping in the LightSpace-eeColor-Ted's disc arena soon as well. I have done a ton of reading on the LightSpace website and forum, have played around running a quick profile with the demo version and have been communicating back and forth with Steve. Steve wants to make sure LightSpace can perform a quality calibration with my display (sending him data) as my RGB Separation is not good at all, especially blue. To me that is awesome customer service!

After trialing LightSpace along with receiving some awesome customer service from Steve directly, I am ready to commit to LightSpace an eecolor box along with an eodis3 that i will profile with my existing i1pro. I do have a couple questions though.

This will be my first experience with meter profiling. I am aware i will need to perform this manually but are there documented instructions on how to accomplish this with LightSpace? I have not profiled meters before with any software.

Also will i only have to profile once or should i re-profile every time i start a calibration session?

How important is fov when profiling meters? I believe if i use the eodis3 in contact mode (mitsubishi dlp rear projection), the i1pro needs to be almost 7 in off the display to have the same fov, does this sound correct?

Is it necessary to use the "video scale" manipulation after creating the lut for home theater use?

I am sure i will have other questions as i move along, I appreciate the help and support!
post #655 of 716 Old 02-06-2014, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks for the positive comments smile.gif

Matching probes is fairly simple.
You just record the RGBW values measured with each probe and enter them into the LightSpace 'Probe Options' menu as Active and Reference data.
LightSpace by default uses code values of 240 to prevent display clipping distorting the measured values.

You should really re-profile each and every time...

VideoScale should be used on the generated LUT before uploading into the eColor box for home TV use, as all home TVs are 'Legal Video' range.

Hope this helps.

Steve
njfoses likes this.

Steve Shaw
LIGHT ILLUSION

post #656 of 716 Old 02-06-2014, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

After trialing LightSpace along with receiving some awesome customer service from Steve directly, I am ready to commit to LightSpace an eecolor box along with an eodis3 that i will profile with my existing i1pro. I do have a couple questions though.

This will be my first experience with meter profiling. I am aware i will need to perform this manually but are there documented instructions on how to accomplish this with LightSpace? I have not profiled meters before with any software.

Also will i only have to profile once or should i re-profile every time i start a calibration session?

How important is fov when profiling meters? I believe if i use the eodis3 in contact mode (mitsubishi dlp rear projection), the i1pro needs to be almost 7 in off the display to have the same fov, does this sound correct?

Is it necessary to use the "video scale" manipulation after creating the lut for home theater use?

I am sure i will have other questions as i move along, I appreciate the help and support!

Please give me some time, I'm preparing something very detailed, with many picture examples for meter profiling with LightSpace.
fight4yu likes this.

post #657 of 716 Old 02-06-2014, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Please give me some time, I'm preparing something very detailed, with many picture examples for meter profiling with LightSpace.

Please do! I am very interested in how to enter meter profile data with HCC. I had Calman5 and the matrix format is quite different from what I see in your website (XYZ vs RGBW values). If possible, can you also address this in your write-up? Thanks Tedd!
post #658 of 716 Old 02-06-2014, 01:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Illusion View Post

Thanks for the positive comments smile.gif

Matching probes is fairly simple.
You just record the RGBW values measured with each probe and enter them into the LightSpace 'Probe Options' menu as Active and Reference data.
LightSpace by default uses code values of 240 to prevent display clipping distorting the measured values.

You should really re-profile each and every time...

VideoScale should be used on the generated LUT before uploading into the eColor box for home TV use, as all home TVs are 'Legal Video' range.

Hope this helps.

Steve

So even though HCL only supports the i1 Display pro, I will still be able to take readings with an i1pro in order to enter the data needed to profile?
post #659 of 716 Old 02-06-2014, 01:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Quote:

Please do! I am very interested in how to enter meter profile data with HCC. I had Calman5 and the matrix format is quite different from what I see in your website (XYZ vs RGBW values). If possible, can you also address this in your write-up? Thanks Tedd!

Looking forward to it!
post #660 of 716 Old 02-06-2014, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Quote:

Quote:

Ted will show you the way. With HCC the only time consumption of note is changing from one meter to another. In HCL, the reference meter data must be entered manually.

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page