LightSpace CMS Now Supports Lumagen + eeColor 3D-LUT 4 All - Page 24 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #691 of 720 Old 02-17-2014, 06:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFaxe View Post

Hi njfoses,

sorry to hear that this is not working for You. I have to add that I used a clean windows system. Did You have installed any LS version before You tried this?
Most uninstallers will not remove everything when You deinstall a software. It is possible that the licence information is stored in the Windows Registry or in the user files and still kept even You deinstalled the software.
I will check this when I'm back home.

Thats a good point. I did have LS installed previously. I can try revo uninstaller or i may just use the process i posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 720 Old 02-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 216
No promises, but try this....

Go to: C:\ProgramData\IProt

Delete the folders there, and then try the instantiations again...
Obviously this is not a 'supported' workflow, so we can't give any promises!

Steve

Steve Shaw
LIGHT ILLUSION

post #693 of 720 Old 02-19-2014, 06:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post

Thats a good point. I did have LS installed previously. I can try revo uninstaller or i may just use the process i posted.

Did some testings yesterday and run into the same issue as You with version 6.5 eek.gif

But I found where the licence information is stored and here is a work around.
(System and invisible files must be visible)
After installing, activation and unlocking LS You find in "C:\Users\All Users\IProt" a directory "LightSpacexxxx", where xxxx is a dedicated machine code. In this directory are 3 files which are the licence files.

So You can install, activate and unlock LS HCL. Then rename the "LightSpacexxxx" directory.
Copy the installation directory of LS to an other location. (Basicly You can work with one LS directory but I would suggest to work with two, to avoid mixings of meter profiles etc.)
Start the copy, activate and unlock LS with the DPS licence. Now You find a new directory with the same old name "LightSpacexxxx"

Depending on what version You want to use, You have to set the respective licence directory to the original name.

Best choice for that is to use a batch file that renames the directories and start LS. You need two batch files as You have 2 LS versions.
njfoses likes this.

I use
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #694 of 720 Old 02-19-2014, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 478
Quote:

Quote:

Did some testings yesterday and run into the same issue as You with version 6.5 eek.gif

But I found where the licence information is stored and here is a work around.
(System and invisible files must be visible)
After installing, activation and unlocking LS You find in "C:\Users\All Users\IProt" a directory "LightSpacexxxx", where xxxx is a dedicated machine code. In this directory are 3 files which are the licence files.

So You can install, activate and unlock LS HCL. Then rename the "LightSpacexxxx" directory.
Copy the installation directory of LS to an other location. (Basicly You can work with one LS directory but I would suggest to work with two, to avoid mixings of meter profiles etc.)
Start the copy, activate and unlock LS with the DPS licence. Now You find a new directory with the same old name "LightSpacexxxx"

Depending on what version You want to use, You have to set the respective licence directory to the original name.

Best choice for that is to use a batch file that renames the directories and start LS. You need two batch files as You have 2 LS versions.

Hello, there a very simplier way for all LightSpace HCL users to create Meter Profiling Tables for meters the users don't have the required licence to use within LightSpace.

Just open other software you may have that you can operate your spectro, like CalMAN/ChromaPure/HCFR, and take the WRGB measurements, later insert these xyY measurements to this Lightspace Custom Meter Profile Creator (free for all), and save as that file. After that load LightSpace and Import that file in the Probe Options and load that table at Reference Probe / Display Presets.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #695 of 720 Old 02-19-2014, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Ted,

the intention was to have a 0 cost alternative to HCFR. And I can't see anything illegal when renaming a directory, Steve also provided a hint.
But if You already own a software solution like CM or CP, You are right, this is more convenient with the new Meter Profile Creator.
At least I wanted to give njfoses a feedback.
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

I use
post #696 of 720 Old 02-19-2014, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ted,

the intention was to have a 0 cost alternative to HCFR. And I can't see anything illegal when renaming a directory, Steve also provided a hint.
But if You already own a software solution like CM or CP, You are right, this is more convenient with the new Meter Profile Creator.
At least I wanted to give njfoses a feedback.

I'm sorry about my wording, I edited my post, I meant the 'Cheated' way. not illegal. I have no problem with your post. smile.gif
DrFaxe likes this.

S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
post #697 of 720 Old 02-19-2014, 08:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post

Hello, there a very simplier way for all LightSpace HCL users to create Meter Profiling Tables for meters the users don't have the required licence to use within LightSpace.

Just open other software you may have that you can operate your spectro, like CalMAN/ChromaPure/HCFR, and take the WRGB measurements, later insert these xyY measurements to this Lightspace Custom Meter Profile Creator (free for all), and save as that file. After that load LightSpace and Import that file in the Probe Options and load that table at Reference Probe / Display Presets.

I could use Calman for the profile measurements, but why add another variable to the mix?
post #698 of 720 Old 02-20-2014, 01:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

I could use Calman for the profile measurements, but why add another variable to the mix?

Hello, for a LightSpace HCL Licence user, he can only use the id3 oem with LightSpace, if he has ColorMukni Spectro for example he has to use another software to take the measurements to create a four-color correction matrix table. If he has i1PRO, he has to use a Lightspace DPS (free) installed to another PC for example, or another software that he can operate it.

post #699 of 720 Old 02-20-2014, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

LightSpace Optimised Patch Sequences

New 'Optimised Patch Sequences' for LightSpace CMS calibration released.

We are experimenting with new Optimised Patch Sequences for LightSpace CMS calibration.

These sequences use less patches, but generate a higher level of final calibration accuracy.

The sequences can be downloaded via this form.
At the moment there are 2 sequences.

bcc11, which is equivalent to a 21^3 profile, but with just 2,330 patches, rather than 9,261.

And bcc17, which is 9,008 patches, and equivalent to a 33^3, or 35,937 patches!!!
njfoses likes this.

post #700 of 720 Old 02-22-2014, 08:03 AM
Advanced Member

Just added a 3rd and a 4th sequence to the download, and more will follow.

Will post on the Light Illusion forums when new sequences are added to the download.

http://www.lightillusion.com/forums/index.php?action=vthread&forum=8&topic=229

Steve
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

Steve Shaw
LIGHT ILLUSION

post #701 of 720 Old 02-22-2014, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

LightSpace CMS 6.5.1.1838

A new version of LightSpace has just released.

This version includes:

-- Fixed error with DIP mode when sub 3 second duration
-- Added new FSI and Quantel LUT Formats
-- Altered K10-A Average Low Light Integration
-- Added ACES CTL and ASC CCC Export from any LUT
-- High resolution 21^3 profiling added
-- User patch set generation capability added, including non-grid based patches
-- Added Parametric Gamma controls for user generated colour spaces

DOWNLOAD LightSpace CMS Demo or Upgrade for Licensed Users

DOWNLOAD LightSpace DPS (Display Profiling System) Free Version License Request

post #702 of 720 Old 03-04-2014, 11:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 263
I ran three quick profiles using the same 2500 patch set profile, but I used when converting color space Peak Luma, Peak Chroma and Fit Chroma. I then installed these three LUTs into eecolor and ran a quick profile on each one. The bcs files are in the attached folder. QP.zip 13k .zip file

ss
Attached Files
File Type: zip QP.zip (12.7 KB, 19 views)

"Don't worry be happy"

post #703 of 720 Old 03-05-2014, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 342
The peak luma and peak chroma QPs are almost identical and better than fit chroma.

-----

post #704 of 720 Old 04-01-2014, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

LightSpace CMS 6.6.0.1894

This version includes:

-- New i1 Pro 2 SDK integration
-- Improve colour engine for poor probe black level handling

This has a change that should help with OLED's and Plasmas when the blacks are ultra low and deals with a problem where probes just can't read xy accurately when the blacks are very low…

-- New LUT formats added
-- New direct Dolby display patch generation and LUT upload

LightSpace CMS now fully integrated for closed-loop calibration with patch generation and direct LUT upload for Dolby PRM displays

-- Advanced ASC CDL, ASCES and Arri Look tools added
-- New Point Select within CIE diagrams for colour values and DeltaE feedback
-- Added BMD Resolve LightSpace versions

CIE Diagram Point Select

When using the CIE Diagrams it is possible to select any individual point and be presented with additional information, including measured values and delta-E for the selected point.

Single click on any point will select it, with a double click popping-up the information box. A right click anywhere on the CIE diagram will re-set everything.

The above CIE diagram shows the use of a 'Custom Filter' to limit the points displayed - see below for further information on Custom Filters:

Custom Filter

The Custom Filters option enables a user to define what points should be plotted on the CIE diagrams, making it easier to assess the points of interest.

For information on the various Operators available when defining the filtering see: Custom Filter Operators
njfoses likes this.

post #705 of 720 Old 04-01-2014, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Ted does this new version have the Environment Variable adjustment. ???

ss

"Don't worry be happy"

post #706 of 720 Old 04-01-2014, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

Ted does this new version have the Environment Variable adjustment. ???

ss

Without adding enviromental command, no.

post #707 of 720 Old 04-01-2014, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So I can add the command as I did with the Beta.

ss

"Don't worry be happy"

post #708 of 720 Old 04-01-2014, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

Quote:

So I can add the command as I did with the Beta.

ss

If you have entered it already, there no need to re-enter it, it will active that config dialog.

post #709 of 720 Old 04-02-2014, 12:31 AM
Advanced Member

Please remember the 'Env Variable' is just for Beta Users.

Such tools require our beta user permission to use, as the tools may be detrimental to operation and need our direct support cool.gif

Steve

Steve Shaw
LIGHT ILLUSION

post #710 of 720 Old 04-06-2014, 01:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Hey LightSpace users, Today some great and very useful features has been posted to DisplayCalibrationTools.com that include updates to existing tools, new free tools and new display calibration guides & workflows.

(1) Updates To Existing Tools

The Lightspace Profile Reporter has received the following updates:

• added Advanced Options interface

• added option to display CIE data for every profile point: XYZ, Yxy, Yuv

• added option to choose Reference White Point used in color conversions such as Display White Point, Color Target White Point, A, B, C, D50, D55, D65, D75, DCI P3, DCI XYZ, E, F2, F7, F11

• added option to choose the Chromatic Adaptation Method (CAT) such as Bradford, von Kries etc

• added option to enable a delta E filter that allows you to filter profile points above or below a delta E threshold

• added additional helper to copy / add relative gamma offsets to Lightspace Custom Color Space Creator

The Lightspace Custom Color Space Creator has received the following updates:

• improved accuracy, stimuli values allow float values now

• added Advanced Options for gamma adjustment points

• added helper to paste / add relative gamma offsets (copied from Lightspace Profile Reporter) to existing gamma adjustment points

(2) New Free Tools

The free Meter Profile Comparison tool allows you to compare an active meter profile against a reference meter profile. The comparison overview includes xyY, XYZ, Yuv stats as well as luminance difference and delta E results in dE 1976 Luv, dE 1976 Lab, dE 1994 and dE 2000. (this was my request, Thanks!)

The free Meter Distance & Pattern Size Calculator tool allows you to calculate the pattern size of a rectangular patch on screen and then use the dimensions to calculate the maximum meter distance for colorimeter and spectrometer.

(3) New Display Calibration Guides & Workflows

We have added a new section that contains Display Calibration Guides & Workflows.

Two calibration guides were added:

Eizo CG275W Calibration Guide Using Lightspace And ColorNavigator

Panasonic 65VT60 3D LUT Calibration Using Lightspace & eeColor

post #711 of 720 Old 05-28-2014, 03:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

LightSpace CMS 6.6.0.1901

This version includes:

-- Enhanced Cube and Hybrid profiling accuracy.

-- Fixed Unity Blend crash.

-- Improve colour engine for poor probe black level handling.

-- New LUT formats added.

-- Advanced Lumagen 17^3 support added.

-- Updated i1Pro2 SDK.

post #712 of 720 Old 06-12-2014, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

LightSpace CMS 6.6.1.1908

This version includes:

-- Added new option to VideoScale

-- Additional Dolby integration added

-- Send Black to calibration patch after profiling

-- Enhanced Cube and Hybrid profiling accuracy

-- Added expanded Eizo integration for new displays

-- Fixed crash with Reference Probe selection if before active probe

post #713 of 720 Old 07-28-2014, 10:54 AM
Advanced Member

This thread has been real quiet lately
post #714 of 720 Old 07-28-2014, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post
This thread has been real quiet lately
Hi, I believe is quiet here because LightSpace users have no problems to report here, if they have questions they are contacting directly to LightIllusion and they are getting fast replyes from Steve.

It's true that LightSpace users have more free time to view movies than from trying to re-calibrate every week...... ))))))

post #715 of 720 Old 08-07-2014, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

LightSpace CMS 6.6.2.1953

This version includes:

-- Added EIZO versions of LightSpace CMS (EIZO/EIZOLight)

-- New LUT formats supported (including AJA LUT Box)

-- Added AccuPel DVG-5000 Pattern Generator integration

-- Added Colorimetry Research CR-100 probe integration

-- Fixed Convert Colours with 'Apply to Existing'

-- Changes to JETI Specbos spectroradiometer integration

-- Added user patch size to Fuji IS-Mini

Download LightSpace CMS Demo or Upgrade for Licensed Users

Request Free Version License for LightSpace DPS (Display Profiling System)
buzzard767 likes this.

Last edited by ConnecTEDDD; 08-07-2014 at 02:47 PM.
post #716 of 720 Old 08-22-2014, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

LightSpace - Multiple Licenses Trick

You can actually run multiple LightSpace licenses, such as a 'Light' version as well as a DPS license.

Or a 'Light' license with the 'Main Component', to enable LUT conversion, or LUT Upload into LUT boxes.

Enter your payed license key to activate LightSpace and after that move the default installation folder, and make a shortcut to your desktop with the new forder.

After that re-install a new installation with a different license (like DPS) and that will create to you a new shortcut for that new installation.

The DPS version cannot export profile data, so cannot be used for real calibration at all, even with the Multiple License trick.

All the multiple license trick really allows is for users to use DPS with a 'Light' version to record probe offset data (for meter correction tables), or use a different paid for license, such as the Main Component, to do LUT conversions, or LUT uploads to LUT boxes, from a LUT made with the 'Light' version (if the Light version has LUT export, and not just LUT upload).

Without using the above trick, you can install LightSpace DPS, take the WRGB measurements with a JETI for example (save the correction table), close LightSpace DPS, uninstall it, install now LightSpace with xxxLight license, and take the WRGB with id3 OEM and load at the end as the active probe (as a reference) the JETI saved measurements.

It's the same final result, just the trick above saves from installing/uninstalling actions.

post #717 of 720 Old 09-27-2014, 06:05 AM
Advanced Member

I haven't used LightSpace in a while. I upgraded to the current version and now under the export option Davinci is the only option listed. I have an eecolor box and the option to to export to that format is no longer listed? I also noticed under lut manipulation the video scale options are now clip black and pass black where there used to be just one option. Which option would i apply to the lut for use with the eecolor box?
post #718 of 720 Old 09-27-2014, 06:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I haven't used LightSpace in a while. I upgraded to the current version and now under the export option Davinci is the only option listed. I have an eecolor box and the option to to export to that format is no longer listed? I also noticed under lut manipulation the video scale options are now clip black and pass black where there used to be just one option. Which option would i apply to the lut for use with the eecolor box?
I fixed the export option by uninstalling and re-installing LightSpace. Just still not sure which video scale option to use.
post #719 of 720 Old 09-27-2014, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I fixed the export option by uninstalling and re-installing LightSpace. Just still not sure which video scale option to use.
Hello, use the Videoscale with passblack, this is a new option for all eeColor 3D LUT Box users.

post #720 of 720 Old 09-27-2014, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
For eeColor users, once they have generate the correction 3D LUT Table, the last step before exporting the cLUT to eeColor 65.TXT format, it's to apply the VideoScale filter.

We do this for eeColor because eeColor's internal 10-bit table is 0-255, the videoscale is mapping the correction to 16-235 levels, since we will use it for HT enviroment / blu-ray content etc.

The VideoScale is not required for Lumagen users because it's internal 10-bit table can control video levels (16-235) only.

Now latest LightSpace version has 2 options about VideoScale Filter:

VideoScale with passblack and VideoScale with clip black.

The VideoScale with Pass Black is mapping the levels from 0-255 to 16-235 and later it applies a UNITY to 0-16 levels. so all below black information is visible.

The VideoScale with Clipping Black is mapping the levels from 0-255 to 16-235 and later and all the 0-16 levels are becoming 16. so all below black information is becoming 16, no below black information is visible.

One scenario where VideoScale with Clipping Black is helpful is when we have a display which it's difficult to set with success it's near black with a brightness with flashing bars pattern using the display's internal brightness control setting.

For example lets say we have a display...when we display a brightness pattern with flashing bars, we don't see 17,18 flashing bars with internal brightness setting at zero....

but when we use +1 brightness, we see 17,18 flashing bars correctly but we see the 15 and 16 flashing also.

In that case when we will apply VideoScale with Clipping Black, the 16 and below bars (15,14 etc) will become 16 also, so we will be able to see correctly see the near black details of 17,18 levels to that specific display.
njfoses likes this.

Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page