LightSpace CMS Now Supports Lumagen + eeColor 3D-LUT 4 All - Page 26 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 31Likes

post #751 of 758 Old 07-02-2015, 03:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 455
oliverlim

Just to add to Gordon. Use your R and B (stay away from using Green) High/Low garyscale settings to ruff in your grayscale, mainly balancing RGB. Always keep a eye on your 100% reading when using high/low Red and Blue settings, you want to keep the 100% reading as close to daylight D65 (k6504) along with your x (0.3128) and y (0.3290) readings . You may have to use the 100% RGB setting controls if you have to, but there should be only limited movement with the Red and Blue setting.

You may consider selling your Mini and get a eecolor. If you have a HDMI out port in your PC.

Steve is running a sale on the eecolor, it uses 65,000 correction points once Lightspace makes the 3DLUT from however big your testchart is.

The Mini is not a reference pattern generator, so you don't need it as a pattern generator.

What you would use as a reference pattern generator is madVR/TPG, its free and Lightspace supports it.
madTPG is a internal PC reference triplet pattern generator, just like your Mini Lightspace controls what pattern to display.

So with the eecolor you are no longer limited to just 125 color points.

ss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 758 Old 07-02-2015, 06:05 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 278
If you look at the LightSpace results here: http://www.lightillusion.com/calibra...omparison.html

You can see we made no attempt to pre-calibrate the display at all, other than set Black and White clipping levels.

The LightSpace LUT was left to do all the calibration, and the results are near perfect.
It would be near impossible to improve on those results with any additional manual adjustment - before or after the LightSpace LUT calibration process.

Steve

Steve Shaw
LIGHT ILLUSION

post #753 of 758 Old 07-02-2015, 09:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
oliverlim

Just to add to Gordon. Use your R and B (stay away from using Green) High/Low garyscale settings to ruff in your grayscale, mainly balancing RGB. Always keep a eye on your 100% reading when using high/low Red and Blue settings, you want to keep the 100% reading as close to daylight D65 (k6504) along with your x (0.3128) and y (0.3290) readings . You may have to use the 100% RGB setting controls if you have to, but there should be only limited movement with the Red and Blue setting.

You may consider selling your Mini and get a eecolor. If you have a HDMI out port in your PC.

Steve is running a sale on the eecolor, it uses 65,000 correction points once Lightspace makes the 3DLUT from however big your testchart is.

The Mini is not a reference pattern generator, so you don't need it as a pattern generator.

What you would use as a reference pattern generator is madVR/TPG, its free and Lightspace supports it.
madTPG is a internal PC reference triplet pattern generator, just like your Mini Lightspace controls what pattern to display.

So with the eecolor you are no longer limited to just 125 color points.

ss
I saw the sale yesterday and am definitely interested. The thing holding me back is that I may still need the lumagen in place. My Onkyo 5009 seems to have a colour space bug. It always seems to output 4:4:4 Ypbpr regardless of that I send it in direct mode. I am now using the lumagen to receive a direct 4:2:2 from the 2nd output of my oppo to get round this problem. And I saw some people reporting issues with having the eecolor after a lumagen. Not sure if this has been corrected yet.

A 2nd thing is if there will be a "visible" difference with a 5x5x5 cube of the lumagen vs a 17x17x17 cube of the eecolor. The eecolor is also only a 1080p model meaning I have yet another item purchased that is not future proofed.

Do see Steve respond on adjusting the RGB via the display setting prior to profiling on LS. I have basically followed his instructions (more for time reasons) rather then add another variable for the moment to get the best picture of my LG. He would know best for LS ! :-p I asked was more for opinion and reasons why either could be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Illusion View Post
If you look at the LightSpace results here: http://www.lightillusion.com/calibra...omparison.html

You can see we made no attempt to pre-calibrate the display at all, other than set Black and White clipping levels.

The LightSpace LUT was left to do all the calibration, and the results are near perfect.
It would be near impossible to improve on those results with any additional manual adjustment - before or after the LightSpace LUT calibration process.

Steve
Thanks Steve. I understand what your test shows. But if there are still some minor errors shown after the final calibration. Would trying to adjust the display using the display controls to improve on the greyscale, help reduce the work required for a smaller 125 point LUT and improve the final result?

I have one question regarding LS. Assuming I did a profile that I am happy with a i1 display pro. I later purchase a i1 pro. Could I set the display pre LS 3dLUT and profile the i1 pro WRGB. Input these levels as the points to calibrate to in the convert colour space. And get a i1 display pro profiled to a i1 pro 3dlut generated? Does it work this way?
post #754 of 758 Old 07-03-2015, 01:25 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 278
No, you would need to re-profile with i1 Display Pro 'matched' to the i1 Pro - mainly because any time duration between the last profile will have allowed the display to drift!

You should never attempt to re-use an old profile from any display.

But, technically LightSpace does have the tools to apply a probe offset 'after' the fact, but as above we would not recommend that.

Steve

Steve Shaw
LIGHT ILLUSION

post #755 of 758 Old 07-03-2015, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverlim View Post
I saw the sale yesterday and am definitely interested. The thing holding me back is that I may still need the lumagen in place. My Onkyo 5009 seems to have a colour space bug. It always seems to output 4:4:4 Ypbpr regardless of that I send it in direct mode. I am now using the lumagen to receive a direct 4:2:2 from the 2nd output of my oppo to get round this problem. And I saw some people reporting issues with having the eecolor after a lumagen. Not sure if this has been corrected yet.
I run my HDMI cable from my Oppo's port 1 to my eecolor then out to my EG9600's port . I use Oppo's HDMI port 2 for Audio to my sound system. Very simple, you can use RGB, 4:2:2, 4:4:4 and deep color if you want.

Quote:
A 2nd thing is if there will be a "visible" difference with a 5x5x5 cube of the lumagen vs a 17x17x17 cube of the eecolor. The eecolor is also only a 1080p model meaning I have yet another item purchased that is not future proofed.
You should get a nice difference using the eecolor and a 17x3 cube or 21x3.
I had a Mini and started out doing 3DLUTs about two years ago, then got a eecolor and Lightspace and started doing 17x3 3DLUT's. Now I build my own testcharts of about 11,000 patches.
On a side note , I have a Lumagen 2041 that will do a 7x3 (725 points) but never use it.

Yes eecolor will only output 1080P, however I have also done a internal calibration using custom mode for the very few time I view 4K stuff from Netflix.
I haven't tried to do a HTPC loading my 3DLUT's in my PC and using my PC as the source player, but if you have a video card and can output 4K via HDMI to your display. I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Quote:
Do see Steve respond on adjusting the RGB via the display setting prior to profiling on LS. I have basically followed his instructions (more for time reasons) rather then add another variable for the moment to get the best picture of my LG. He would know best for LS ! :-p I asked was more for opinion and reasons why either could be better.
Yes Steve told me the same thing when I started using LS about 2 years ago. I am sure his way works well for the pro grade LCD monitor he was using for his example, but are displays are consumer grade and sometimes need a little more help.
Steve has a page on how to profile a Sony OLED, are OLED's are LG so you don't need to jump though those hoops, just run your profile as you would on a Plasma or LCD.
As I said I use madTPG as my pattern generator and set it to out put 10bit using the video range (16-255), I also use the "APL Linear" setting in the madTPG patch window setting. This setting seems to stop ASBL from kicking in.
zoyd seems to be working on a anti ASBL APL background that should work very well.

Click on the top link in my sig, it will take you to two posts. The first post is for manual settings for my EG9600 along with Gamut coverage screen shots using the wide Gamut setting. The post below has 5 screen shots of my calibration report using eecolor for my 3DLUT's.
Look at the screen shot for RGB grayscale, CCT and Gamma. Note I never adjust Green when setting my pre profile settings.

You may want to ask zoyd were he posted the 2600+ patch set for use with LS, that works very well.

ss
post #756 of 758 Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 709
LightSpace CMS 7.0.1.2171 (12 July 2015) has just released.

Changes

-- Changed Colour Space default to Peak Chroma

-- Fixed Parametric Gamma Save bug

-- Changed DVDO Baud Rate

-- Added YC422/YC444 output option for DVDO AVLab Test Pattern Generator

-- Fixed Active LUT for Manual Measure & Quick Profile

-- Klein K80 added to Discoverable Probes

-- Fixed Java App crash with Patch Sliders

-- Corrected PR-670 Luma level reporting

Download LightSpace CMS Demo or Upgrade for Licensed Users

Request Free Version License for LightSpace DPS (Display Profiling System)
alex_t likes this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #757 of 758 Old Yesterday, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
LightSpace CMS 7.0.1.2171 (12 July 2015) has just released.
-- Changed Colour Space default to Peak Chroma
^ nice to see this great change ... ...

and, thanks for the updates LS team!

#1 Calibration Disk / Best Support: Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk
#1 Calibration Software / Best Support: LightSpace CMS - Calibration Comparison
post #758 of 758 Old Today, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 709
LightSpace CMS 7.0.1.2172 (13 July 2015) has just released.

This is minor bug fix release. Not affecting LightSpace's Engine. Generally, for LightSpace users that have performed a recent display profiling and see that a new LightSpace has been released where it features some improvement in colorspace correction (for example), the users don't need to re-measure again their displays. It require only to install the new LightSpace version, load the latest measurement file and generate the ColorSpace conversion to get the new 3D LUT correction file and then upload it to their 3D LUT hardware device or to their 3D LUT capable monitors. This saves a lot of time.

Download LightSpace CMS Demo or Upgrade for Licensed Users

Request Free Version License for LightSpace DPS (Display Profiling System)

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration