Can I calibrate for 2 different "format outputs" ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-26-2012, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quick question, maybe someone can answer for me. Trying to Calibrate my Panasonic TC-P60ST50

I have a Mede8er media player, that from my testing and my receivers info says uses either YCbCr 4:4:4 or x.v.Color (not sure if they are the same) However my understanding is that my H24-100 DirecTV receiver uses Limited RGB. Since My Denon AVR is doing my switching, is there any way to calibrate for both devices correctly using 1 HDMI input, calibrated custom setting on the TV?

I can't seem to get them to both look right, but I am very unsure about Extended or Limited RGB mode on the TV, also Dark or Light black levels and other settings that might effect this setup. BTW: as far as I can tell, the Mede8er and the H24-100 have no options to change output format.

Thank You.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-27-2012, 12:15 AM

Liked: 12
I'll take a stab at it. limited RGB should be 16-235. The same as video levels (also 16-235). So set you Mede8er to limited RGB or YCbCr.
You can use the AVSHD patterns in the Basic folder to check brightness (setting black levels) and contrast (setting while level). There is a version of the disc that can be played by a media player. You'll be able to observe first hand what the settings do and that much more valuable in the long run.

My gear: Panasonic TH-42PF11EK pro plasma display. -- Iscan Duo video processor -- i1 display 3 colorimeter -- i1 pro 2 spectrometer
post #3 of 4 Old 11-27-2012, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Well, that's the problem. They Mede8er does not seem to have an output adjustment on it. My receiver says it's YCbCr 4:4:4 or x.v.Color. I think that is 0-255 correct?
post #4 of 4 Old 11-27-2012, 01:28 PM

Liked: 12
Hi, no YCbCr would be 16-255 (@video levels a.k.a. limited RGB). It could still be doing something funky though. I would strongly advise you to check using a pattern. It is really easy and does not take up a whole lot of your time.

My gear: Panasonic TH-42PF11EK pro plasma display. -- Iscan Duo video processor -- i1 display 3 colorimeter -- i1 pro 2 spectrometer
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page