Pixel Jogger Question - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 12-07-2012, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Otto Pylot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 11,321
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1629 Post(s)
Liked: 1024
I realize this is a bit off-topic for this forum but there are lots of very panel knowledgeable folks here so I thought I'd ask for opinions. There's a poster over in the LCD forum really pushing a utility called Pixel Jogger which he claims will improve the pq on LCD/LED/Plasma tv's by basically "turning on and off" the pixels very fast. Sort of like breaking in a new plasma panel. He claims that if you run this utility (from a USB flash drive) a couple of hours a day for a few days that your pq will dramatically improve and then just periodically run it as a maintenance routine to keep your panel in optimal condition. Thoughts?
Otto Pylot is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 12-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Advanced Member
 
djams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 718
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey Otto - this has been discussed here before - see here for one expert's opinion: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1318072/pixelprotector-blu-ray-review/30#post_20529296

I haven't read the posts you refer to, but I'd bet it's the same individual. He's a big fan of pixel washers/joggers/flippers. rolleyes.gif
djams is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 12-07-2012, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Otto Pylot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 11,321
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1629 Post(s)
Liked: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by djams View Post

Hey Otto - this has been discussed here before - see here for one expert's opinion: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1318072/pixelprotector-blu-ray-review/30#post_20529296
I haven't read the posts you refer to, but I'd bet it's the same individual. He's a big fan of pixel washers/joggers/flippers. rolleyes.gif

Thanks. Sounds like Doug has a definite opinion on that one and I think he's correct. This guy is really pushing it hard but it appears that some "old timers" have jumped in to counter his enthusiasm.

Correction: he's posting in the Flat Panel forum, not the LCD forum.
Otto Pylot is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 Old 12-07-2012, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,299
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2306 Post(s)
Liked: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by djams View Post

Hey Otto - this has been discussed here before - see here for one expert's opinion: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1318072/pixelprotector-blu-ray-review/30#post_20529296
I haven't read the posts you refer to, but I'd bet it's the same individual. He's a big fan of pixel washers/joggers/flippers. rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

Thanks. Sounds like Doug has a definite opinion on that one and I think he's correct. This guy is really pushing it hard but it appears that some "old timers" have jumped in to counter his enthusiasm.
Correction: he's posting in the Flat Panel forum, not the LCD forum.


I agree with Doug's response to those claims. There no scientific proof that such a tool has ever improved PQ nor is there any logical explanation how it would even be plausible. The only reason I'd ever run one of those pixel washers would be to try to 'unstick' stuck pixels on a LCD display. Such a tool is found on the Disney WOW Disc but I've never needed to use it.

-7.1ch Bedroom HT-
Samsung UN46EH6030
Yamaha RX-A2070
SVS Prime Bookshelf and Prime Center
Sony SS-CS5 Surrounds and Cambridge S20 Rear Surrounds
Rythmik LV12R
PlasmaPZ80U is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 12-07-2012, 03:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wilmington Ohio
Posts: 9,095
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2467 Post(s)
Liked: 2209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

I realize this is a bit off-topic for this forum but there are lots of very panel knowledgeable folks here so I thought I'd ask for opinions. There's a poster over in the LCD forum really pushing a utility called Pixel Jogger which he claims will improve the pq on LCD/LED/Plasma tv's by basically "turning on and off" the pixels very fast. Sort of like breaking in a new plasma panel. He claims that if you run this utility (from a USB flash drive) a couple of hours a day for a few days that your pq will dramatically improve and then just periodically run it as a maintenance routine to keep your panel in optimal condition. Thoughts?

He is on the Plasma forum also pushing it, i am very skeptical

65C6 OLED
Time Warner Cable/Panasonic UB900/ Roku Premiere +/Sony S780 Soundbar/Harmony 650
Calman Enthusiast/Chromapure Standard with Auto Cal
chunon is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 12-11-2012, 05:51 AM
 
SAM64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 78
He believes that LCD displays contain crystals that move, and need to be loosened up....since there are no crystals in an LCD display, nor any moving parts, I'd say he doesn't really know what he's doing, but has a large number of people fooled.
SAM64 is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 12-11-2012, 07:13 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ccotenj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: the toxic waste dumps of new jersey
Posts: 21,725
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 101
that guy is STILL pimping that garbage? frown.gif geez....

although i bet a decent amount of posters are lapping it right up... rolleyes.gif

- chris

 

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

 

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

ccotenj is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 12-11-2012, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Otto Pylot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 11,321
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1629 Post(s)
Liked: 1024
Yeah, there were a couple of converts but he got called on it and the thread was just shutdown.
Otto Pylot is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 12-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Senior Member
 
jdoostil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St Petersburg, FL
Posts: 301
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
He also uses a Darbee. Credibility gone

ISF certified in 2008
ISF Level II certified in 2010
ISF instructor certified in 2012
ISF International Trainer since 2014
ISFJasonD65@gmail.com
Serving Florida
jdoostil is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 01-05-2013, 10:37 AM
Newbie
 
Voliminal8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So since no money involved, it was not a scam right?

At least, do we realy know if it worked on those people who posted feedback?
Voliminal8 is offline  
post #11 of 11 Old 01-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Senior Member
 
praz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 364
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voliminal8 View Post

At least, do we realy know if it worked on those people who posted feedback?

As far as the claim of improving picture quality? No, that is complete nonsense.
praz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Display Calibration

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off