Disney WOW Calibration (DVD vs. BluRay) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-23-2012, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I want to calibrate my new Samsung 55 inch LED and someone in another forum mentioned the Disney WOW calibration disc. I do not own a BluRay player, just a standard "upconvert" DVD player. My question is this.. The Disney WOW tool comes in both BluRay format and DVD. Would there be a difference between the two types in terms of calibrating? In other words if I tried to calibrate using the DVD and not BluRay will it mess up my LED display? Anyone try and can feedback? Would it even matter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-23-2012, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Your fine using the DVD version since you don't own a blu-ray player.

"The powerful will be ripped from their decadent nests. And cast out into the cold world that we know and endure. Courts will be convened. Spoils will be enjoyed!"

-Bane

post #3 of 3 Old 12-24-2012, 04:11 AM

Liked: 10
I am in the same situation as you. I don't have a BD player, and won't for the foreseeable future. I bought the DVD version of WOW and used it to calibrate one (DVD) input. I was able to get the picture looking pretty good, however, the audio part wasn't as critical as I had already dialed that in with previously downloaded tools. I then downloaded the AVSHD files, from this site, and will make a BluRay disk when the need arises.

I used the mp4 version of AVHCD for the input of my WDTVLive and even though the settings weren't identical, they were pretty close to the WOW.
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page