Couple of questions regarding buying a used i1Pro - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-31-2012, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Ok, so I have seen what I think is a good deal on a used i1Pro, and I have a few questions before I take the plunge. I would primarily want to use it to profile my i1D3 with it, and keep it profiled to it over the coming years.

Is £235 shipped, a good deal on a used X-rite EFI ES-1000 eye-one UVcut REVD by Gretach Macbeth?

First of all, how likely is the meter to still be accurate given that the one I have seen shows test results from the x-rite software showing it passes all tests?

Secondly, the deal I have seen is without all accessories. If I was to purchase this, would I just need a USB A to B cable to allow the i1Pro to perform calibrations?

And thirdly, I am considering purchasing Calman Basic which does not support Spectro's. Would I be able to profile my i1D3 to the i1Pro using HCFR, and then punch in a matrix correction to Calman Basic so that I know I'm getting pretty accurate readings in Calman Basic? I ask this as if I can avoid upgrading to the next level of Calman, that would be nice as I don't really require the other extra features.

Thanks in advance guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-31-2012, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Not a bad price for a used one in the UK Market... iin fact, that is right in the range these go for here in the States $250 - $450.

I have yet to see a report from anyone who has sent a i1Pro Rev D to X-Rite where it failed re-certification when the meter has not been damaged or physically abused. I have not tracked the EFI equivalent though I know there have been many users who have picked them up on the secondary markets and have been happy. The EFI ES-1000 UV-Cut is fine for our Video Display calibration needs.

Does it come with the matching numbered base plate at least?

Did the seller run the X-Rite Diagnostics on it and if so, did it pass all? EDIT: oops, I see you gave this info already.. was the test recent. verify the s/n on the report to the meter.

Should be no problem getting a usb cable. Obviously, check out the seller well, ask the proper questions.

I would suggest you do get the proper License to do the meter profiling in the app

Need to find a Professional Calibrator? Click Here to PM me with your Display & City

Calibrator List - Pioneer ISFccc Interface

Calibration Reports - Pioneer

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

post #3 of 6 Old 01-01-2013, 05:27 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice Turbe. Would I be able to PM you the link to check it out for me? I trust your judgement.
post #4 of 6 Old 01-01-2013, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

I'll look at and I understand you don't want to post publicly so others don't take advantage of it.. many ask this from me but you must understand I am not taking any responsibility for any seller's claims or transactions between you and seller regarding secondhand hardware.. Ultimately, it's your responsibility to check out the seller and seller's claims and you are the one to make the decision..

Need to find a Professional Calibrator? Click Here to PM me with your Display & City

ControlCAL™

post #5 of 6 Old 01-01-2013, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you. I understand you won't take any responsibility for if I go ahead with it, just wanted your opinion on it. PM Sent. I don't think it comes with the base plate as you mentioned above.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-01-2013, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

I replied smile.gif

ControlCAL™

Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page