Tripod help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-01-2013, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have an i1D3 and I'm considering purchasing an i1Pro, but I do not have a suitable tripod. Until now I have been sitting the meter on something to take readings, but I would like something better. Also I have noticed that the thread on the i1D3 is on the back of the meter, so most tripods would place the meter facing up vertically. Is this what the bar is for that I've seen on some tripods, to change the orientation once the meter is secured to the tripod?

Also, how does the i1Pro attach to a tripod? Does it have a thread on it somewhere?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-02-2013, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 111
The i1pro comes with a tripod mount from spectracal and if you do not have one, I think they sell them.
Here is a picture of the i1pro mount with the tripod quick disconnect square attached and below is the C6 tripod mount.

The mounts are attached to the tripod with that square block on the end of the i1pro mount. There is a thumb screw that goes into the hole in the mount.
The i1pro slides on those pins and the velcro strap holds it on.
The C6 mount has a thumb screw that goes into the meter

For the D3 you would need to buy or make a mount similar to the C6 or buy a tripod with a 3 way head so you can fip it over to face the screen.

This is a great site for tripod purchase they have a load of stuff with a great set of filters.
http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=itemlist&cat1=Tripods&cat2=Tripod%20Legs%20%26%20Leg/Head%20Combos&cat3=Leg%20%26%20Head%20Combo%20for%20Still%20%26%20Video

Something like this would be fine for meters http://www.adorama.com/SU8001.html (3way head and crank for center support allows for fine adjustment in height)
post #3 of 5 Old 01-02-2013, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Ok, thanks for that. I'll have to do some research as I don't have much room for the legs to spread on a tripod so I'm not sure it's viable at the moment, will have to take some measurements.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-03-2013, 02:07 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I have a regular cheopo tripod and it works fine. Bith my i1pro2 and my d3 are mountble and asjustable to face the screen. My i1pro, purchest from chromapure, came with all accesories from x rite, including the tripod mount.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-03-2013, 11:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 155
I built my own (thanks to Doug posting detailed info) and use it with a ball pistol grip tripod...

It works fantastic.

* The one thing you have to handle though is that if both meters are active then the i1D3 will light up and throw off the i1Pro reads, I use electrical tape and cover the lights on the D3 when profiling. wink.gif

Jason

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page