Help a noobie? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-16-2013, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking to get the picture on my viera looking the best it can. I did some googling and found this site and it seems lots of people recommend using what appears to be a free blu ray disc aiming at calibrating the display ( avs hd 709). I, however, don't have a blu ray player or interest in buying one. What I do have is a panasonic viera th-46pz80u, an x box and an hdmi cable. Is there just a regular dvd version I can download? Or even better, since i'm a bit technically challenged, is there a good/cheap one that is readily available that you'd recommend since I don't really want to deal with burning dvd's. I assume you just plug in a dvd and it gives you steps to follow?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-16-2013, 07:40 PM

Liked: 11
The AVS 709 patterns come in a few varieties, and can be burnt onto media (the AVCHD version can be burnt onto DVD) or even used with a USB stick. I'm not sure which file format is compatible with the Xbox 360, however (I think it's the mp4 version). Maybe someone else can chime in.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-16-2013, 09:04 PM

Liked: 14
AVSHD will help you set basic stuff like brightness and contrast, but you need a colorimeter to really take advantage of it.

HTPC: I3 2100, Radeon 6950.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-16-2013, 10:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by svt2nv View Post

I'm looking to get the picture on my viera looking the best it can. I did some googling and found this site and it seems lots of people recommend using what appears to be a free blu ray disc aiming at calibrating the display ( avs hd 709). I, however, don't have a blu ray player or interest in buying one. What I do have is a panasonic viera th-46pz80u, an x box and an hdmi cable. Is there just a regular dvd version I can download? Or even better, since i'm a bit technically challenged, is there a good/cheap one that is readily available that you'd recommend since I don't really want to deal with burning dvd's. I assume you just plug in a dvd and it gives you steps to follow?
The Disney 'World Of Wonder' home theater system setup program is available on DVD. It has various levels of depth selectable in the program and tutorial instructions for steps necessary to adjust your TV properly. Highly recommended for beginners.
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page