Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post

SS, I was out all day, now I'm here if you need help.

What Blu-Ray Player Player you are using?

*** Don't Forget to apply VideoScale Filter before uploading that Exported LUT to your eeColor.

Also made another 4 LUTs with Target Gamma REC709 2.15, 2.22, 2.25, 2.40 from these profiling measured data's, this will take only a few second to complete.

Oppo BDP 95.

If you didn't suggest VideoScale Filter I would have not added it. btw should I install TruVue eeColor application, I am now using Calman's software in eecolor.

Good idea, I will try that also.

ss

VIdeoScale is required for eeColor only, not for uploading the LUT to any Lumagen Radiance.

Did you followed the eeColor Instructions of loading Unity Tables etc. and also upload the LightSpace Sample LUTs.
Load the LightSpace Unity (Memory 1) before the profiling.

Install the latest v2 of eeColor Application from here

Also you can export the LUT that CalMAN generates (TXT format) to see the colorpoints from inside LightSpace 3D Cube Viewer. LightSpace supports the import or 64x64x64 or 65x65x65 TXT Files.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 143 Old 05-02-2013, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

We have found a slight difference of total luminance output of UNITY LUT vs LUT OFF of eeColor, so it''s better to use LightSpace's UNITY LUT Active during profiling. wink.gif

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
post #93 of 143 Old 05-02-2013, 12:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I purchased LS about a week ago after doing several evaluations as ss is presently doing. I wish I had asked questions here as he has - it would have helped me tremendously in understanding the ins and outs of LS. The results I got during the eval period convinced me to buy it. Home theater, and especially calibrating same, is my retirement hobby. I have previously purchased both CalMAN and Chromapure. I now use them all for different purposes. Right now, LS is superior in the results IMO, but CalMAN could very well catch up. Currently, CM doesn't handle the eeColor box very well, but I expect they'll get better. I haven't done any extensive testing on the results of LS compared to CM. It's just too hard to get an apples to apples comparison. However, my eyes tell me that the image from LS is superior, especially in the low-light areas. To me the workflow in LS is rather unorthodox, but once understood it works fine. You've just got to be prepared for a rather steep learning curve, but that's the case with most complex SW. Enough for now. Any questions, please PM me. I don't want to get into a public show and tell just yet.......
post #94 of 143 Old 05-02-2013, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citation4444 View Post

To me the workflow in LS is rather unorthodox, but once understood it works fine. You've just got to be prepared for a rather steep learning curve, but that's the case with most complex SW.

It is a different way to calibrate. I assume unorthodox would mean it doesn't follow the workflows required by HCFR, CP, and CM. It couldn't because 3D LUT calibration is a very different approach. LightSpace profiles a large number of color points and creates as many varying LUTs as you like from that one sampling. Calibrating with ChromaPure and others makes adjustments for a few color points and depends on the display to correctly interpolate from there.

Transitioning from 1D to 3D LUT calibration is not anything like the learning curve of learning to calibrate in the first place. Once you have a couple of LightSpace calibrations under your belt you can do it in your sleep.

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

post #95 of 143 Old 05-02-2013, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Most LightSpace's Home Users were also owners of other calibration solutions that are more complicated. LightSpace just needs some time to be familiar with like any new software, but at the end of day you will find that is simpler than your initial thoughts.

Here is a hint for the new users:

The above picture shows the LightSpace's 1D LUT Viewer with a UNITY LUT loaded.

Now, If you hit your a right click and select properties then you see some others options here, one of them is your LUT Viewing Range Selection.

The Values I used will give you a Zoom @ 0-50 Range of your LUT, to see better what is happening closer or to have a better view of your Appyed Filter.

Anytime you can Undo/Redo any change applyed inside the 1D LUT Viewer Window.

post #96 of 143 Old 05-30-2013, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

LightSpace CMS Calibration Integration with TVlogic monitors - 30-May-13

TVlogic have provided LightSpace CMS integration for their 10-Bit XVM range of 3D LUT capable monitors.

The TVlogic XMV monitors now feature the ability for customers using the LightSpace CMS calibration and LUT management application to perform user calibration and import user created custom LUTs.

For information on the calibration process see this tvlogic_display_calibration.pdf from UK reseller Pixelution.
For more information contact steve@lightillusion.com.

post #97 of 143 Old 06-02-2013, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Ran a full profile on my VT60. Haven't had a chance to run CM test or view anything yet. I used LightSpace_Installer_6.3.1.1680. No filters or touch-up

ss

"Don't worry be happy"

post #98 of 143 Old 06-02-2013, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 618
99% within gamut - wow. Good display.

You'll need to smooth out the bottom end followed by Video Scale prior to loading to the eeBox.

or, after bottom end work Upload without scaling to the Radiance.

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

post #99 of 143 Old 06-02-2013, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post

You'll need to smooth out the bottom end followed by Video Scale prior to loading to the eeBox.

I just did a Video scale and uploaded it to eecolor.

How would you go about smoothing out the bottom end?
Interesting not to scale, I thought we needed to scale before uploading.

Yes so far this VT60 is a keeper, have about 210 hours on it.

ss

"Don't worry be happy"

post #100 of 143 Old 06-02-2013, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post

I just did a Video scale and uploaded it to eecolor.

How would you go about smoothing out the bottom end?
Interesting not to scale, I thought we needed to scale before uploading.

Yes so far this VT60 is a keeper, have about 210 hours on it.

ss

If you are using eeColor as a LUT Holder device, after the ColorSpace conversion and after any type of filter use (If it's needed) then you need to use 'VideoScale Filter' as the final step before exporting the LUT.

If you are using Lumagen as a LUT Holder device, after the ColorSpace conversion and after any type of filter use (If it's needed) then you only need to upload it to your Lumagen. (No VideoScale is needed).

post #101 of 143 Old 06-02-2013, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 38
very nice indeed! So in LS, who/what determines the "within gamut target" threshold? Is this range user definable or is it locked?
post #102 of 143 Old 06-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Quote:

Ran a full profile on my VT60. Haven't had a chance to run CM test or view anything yet. I used LightSpace_Installer_6.3.1.1680. No filters or touch-up

ss

SillySally,

how did u setup the display pre-cal ?

just basic setup ? 2pt ? 10pt ? individual saturation adjustments ?

let us know your findings regarding ghosting and motion jitter on the VT60 compared to the VT50...

how's greyscale ?

- M

calibration & profiling solutions: Lightspace, Spaceman, Calman, Argyll, ColorNavigator, basICColor
profiling & calibration workflow tools:

meter: Klein K-10 A, i1Pro, i1D3
AVS thread:
post #103 of 143 Old 06-02-2013, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1forsnow View Post

very nice indeed! So in LS, who/what determines the "within gamut target" threshold? Is this range user definable or is it locked?

It has to do with your display...If the display can reproduce accurately all the possible colors inside your selected gamut target...

These Data's are taken from the 4913 Measured Color Points after LightSpace Engine applies the Color Space Coversion, it knows the display performance.

If you have all your primaries over saturated when propably got 100% Colors within your Target Gamut.

You can use the default Targets from the list / change to any Gamma Value or make your own RGBW xyY Target.

post #104 of 143 Old 06-02-2013, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If you are using eeColor as a LUT Holder device, after the ColorSpace conversion and after any type of filter use (If it's needed) then you need to use 'VideoScale Filter' as the final step before exporting the LUT.

If you are using Lumagen as a LUT Holder device, after the ColorSpace conversion and after any type of filter use (If it's needed) then you only need to upload it to your Lumagen. (No VideoScale is needed).

Yes Ted that is what I always do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1forsnow View Post

See Ted's post above.

This is what I added to my post.
What Ted is saying is once you have run a profile (4913 points in this case, took about 3 hours and 20 min) you can make a LUT (calibration) of many different filters or color spaces or Gammas as you want. To make a LUT once you have done whatever you want to the profile with in the boundary of LF, it takes about 5 seconds for LS to make the LUT.
However your original profile stays untouched, so if you don't like what you did to make a LUT you can reopen the Profile and recreate a new LUT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post

SillySally,

how did u setup the display pre-cal ?

just basic setup ? 2pt ? 10pt ? individual saturation adjustments ?

let us know your findings regarding ghosting and motion jitter on the VT60 compared to the VT50...

how's greyscale ?

- M

I didn't touch 2pt or 10pt, or saturation. I basically did what I said in this post. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1467563/official-panasonic-vt60-vt65-series-discussion-thread-no-street-price-talk/2220#post_23382292

Better on both accounts than the VT50 but that's not say the VT50 was bad. I wanted see how the VT60 handled that, so I played a DVD of (i think) legal HQ music videos I DL from vimo and Utube, handled them like a champ, better than I have ever seen anything handle them.

Only looked at the 21 step grayscale from the Mini, looked good.

ss

"Don't worry be happy"

post #105 of 143 Old 06-07-2013, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

New Version of LightSpace CMS 6.3.1.1685 (05 June 2013) is Available for Download.

This version has a new Delta-E graph, and various additional improvements across the board.

For information on the Delta-E graph see here.

post #106 of 143 Old 06-07-2013, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Ted, Kinda like these charts I just made after using LightSpace CMS 6.3.1.1685 (05 June 2013). Also these are just raw charts before any touch-up is applied, or probably not in this profile.smile.gif

ss

"Don't worry be happy"

post #107 of 143 Old 06-07-2013, 11:29 PM
AVS Special Member

SS, post us the RGB Separation Graphs of VT50 vs. VT60 please.

post #108 of 143 Old 06-08-2013, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Sorry I don't have them. I am sure that I posted the graphs you are looking for.

RGB separation is better with the VT60 than the VT50.

I think the DeltaE graph pretty much tells the story about RGB.

The only problematic points in the RGB balance/grayscale is the 10 to 20 range, the reason is that like most high end displays they only have a 10 point RGB/grayscale. So anything slightly above, in-between or below those two points there is very little you can do. Also what I have found is if you really start to change the RGB you will drop your Gamut range Score. Using CM 5 everything checks out below dE 3 (mostly dE 1.4), so at this point imo that's good. Particularly when you have a 99% Gamut range.

As always, any detailed suggestions are much appreciated.

ss

"Don't worry be happy"

post #109 of 143 Old 06-10-2013, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry I don't have them. I am sure that I posted the graphs you are looking for.

RGB separation is better with the VT60 than the VT50.

I think the DeltaE graph pretty much tells the story about RGB.

The only problematic points in the RGB balance/grayscale is the 10 to 20 range, the reason is that like most high end displays they only have a 10 point RGB/grayscale. So anything slightly above, in-between or below those two points there is very little you can do. Also what I have found is if you really start to change the RGB you will drop your Gamut range Score. Using CM 5 everything checks out below dE 3 (mostly dE 1.4), so at this point imo that's good. Particularly when you have a 99% Gamut range.

As always, any detailed suggestions are much appreciated.

ss

SS, Open a single Quick Profiling (Pre-Calibration/UNITY) or a Display Characterization 17-Point Cube File created with LightSpace and screen capture the RGB Separation Chart of an Old Measurement of your VT50 and then with your new one VT60.

If you can't find a old one VT50 file to open, then upload the RGB Separation of the VT60 only. wink.gif

post #110 of 143 Old 06-10-2013, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

SS, Open a single Quick Profiling (Pre-Calibration/UNITY) or a Display Characterization 17-Point Cube File created with LightSpace and screen capture the RGB Separation Chart of an Old Measurement of your VT50 and then with your new one VT60.

If you can't find a old one VT50 file to open, then upload the RGB Separation of the VT60 only. wink.gif

Ted,
Take a look at this link.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1467563/official-panasonic-vt60-vt65-series-discussion-thread-no-street-price-talk/1920#post_23355876

I think this is what you are looking for.
I am not at my laptop now that I use for calibration.

I think I blow out any calibrations for my VT50, that I sold.

ss

"Don't worry be happy"

post #111 of 143 Old 06-10-2013, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

Ted,
Take a look at this link.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1467563/official-panasonic-vt60-vt65-series-discussion-thread-no-street-price-talk/1920#post_23355876

I think this is what you are looking for.
I am not at my laptop now that I use for calibration.

I think I blow out any calibrations for my VT50, that I sold.

ss

This is ok, next time show us your latest RGB Separation Chart under controlled conditions wink.gif

post #112 of 143 Old 06-10-2013, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

This is ok, next time show us your latest RGB Separation Chart under controlled conditions wink.gif

Here's the thing, RGB Separation will very depending on window size, meter placement and light output among other things. So it really depends on how you setup for a large profile using LS. wink.gif

ss

Large window about 10% Small window about 2%

"Don't worry be happy"

post #113 of 143 Old 06-11-2013, 01:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks SS wink.gif

post #114 of 143 Old 06-11-2013, 05:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Light Illusion is pleased to announce the release of a Free Display Check version of their renowned LightSpace CMS display colour management system.

The prime applications for the free version of LightSpace is to verify any and all displays throughout a Post-Production, Broadcast or VFX facility, checking all displays are accurately set-up, without any unwanted colour issues, ensuring all footage is reviewed accurately throughout the image pipeline.

With LightSpace DPS, and a compatible probe, any user can perform accurate display profiling, measuring the difference between any specified colour standard, and the actual colours a given display shows. Being able to quickly and easily verify any display accuracy is a critical capability for any image based workflow.

The free Display Check version of LightSpace can be downloaded from the Light Illusion website.

post #115 of 143 Old 06-12-2013, 10:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Ted or steeve, only the i1 display pro oem is compatible or the retail is ok ? And i1 pro rev d ?
post #116 of 143 Old 06-12-2013, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by realzven View Post

Ted or steeve, only the i1 display pro oem is compatible or the retail is ok ? And i1 pro rev d ?

This is the supported LightSpace Meter List

For i1 Display PRO : OEM Only

For i1PRO1/2: OEM & Retail also.

post #117 of 143 Old 06-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by realzven View Post

as mentioned before, if you use the Lumagen as a pattern generator, you might need to get a different serial-to-usb cable for LS to recognize the Lumagen...

- M

calibration & profiling solutions: Lightspace, Spaceman, Calman, Argyll, ColorNavigator, basICColor

AVS thread:
post #118 of 143 Old 06-12-2013, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

FYI.

I opened up LS last night and there was a Update for LS software. 6.3.2.
Also says you should uninstall any other versions of LS before you install 6.3.2

ss

"Don't worry be happy"

post #119 of 143 Old 06-12-2013, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

FYI.

I opened up LS last night and there was a Update for LS software. 6.3.2.
Also says you should uninstall any other versions of LS before you install 6.3.2

ss

SS, You have to uninstall first to install the latest version.

All your profiling files will stay untouched.

LightSpace is performing Auto-Update Check every time the software starts, It will display the new version notification with release notes and provide the link to download it.

This keeps every user up-to-date and there is no need to look at any forum/topic to find out which is the latest version. wink.gif

post #120 of 143 Old 06-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Advanced Member

just to clarify further:

you need to ALWAYS uninstall LS before installing any new version.

AVS thread:
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page