post #271 of 463 Old 12-13-2013, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFaxe View Post

Ted, would it be a big bother to increase the playtime of each chapter of the "DIP Mode Meter Time/Patch Finder", to 3 minutes or so, to achieve more readings? (talking about the disc)
Or can You tell me the RGB triplets You used, than I can create my own files?

Hello, I will extend these DIP Mode Meter Time/Patch Finder Chapters to 2 minutes per color patch to the MP4 Media Files Edition.

I don't recommend to display the same color patch for over 20 sec to any display, Plasma's mainly they are enterting into a power saving mode where they lower it's peak output, other technologies doing weird things, that's why I have short times to all color patches for any chapter that require meter measurements.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 463 Old 12-13-2013, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 186
FYI, the new color gamut page in the pre-cal workflow 1.03 doesn't auto advance unless you check the auto advance option.
post #273 of 463 Old 12-13-2013, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

FYI, the new color gamut page in the pre-cal workflow 1.03 doesn't auto advance unless you check the auto advance option.

You are absolutely correct, I have just fixed that and re-send the email to all users. Thank you for your prompt and your continuously testing/support. wink.gif
buzzard767 likes this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
post #274 of 463 Old 12-13-2013, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post

You are absolutely correct, I have just fixed that and re-send the email to all users. Thank you for your prompt and your continuously testing/support. wink.gif

No problem; I appreciate the quick responses.
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #275 of 463 Old 12-14-2013, 01:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Update : New calman Pre-calibration tools 1.0.3 workflow

Pre_Calibration_Tools_1_0_3.png

Color_Gamut.png

News : Next week, the MP4 Media Files Version of the Disk will be available

More news : http://www.displaycalibrations.com
post #276 of 463 Old 12-17-2013, 04:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by realzven View Post

News : Next week, the MP4 Media Files Version of the Disk will be available

More news : http://www.displaycalibrations.com

Update:

The Media Files Edition of the disk will contain all chapters of the Blu-Ray Release in MP4 and MKV formats, to give support to as many devices as possible, like Stand-Alone Media Players, PC/MAC Software Players, Satellite Tuners, Digital TV Receivers, Consoles (for movie playback from USB), Tablets/SmartPhones (who want to verify their screen for fun), TV's USB Movie Mode, or Stand-Alone Media Players or PC Media Players that can't playback Blu-Ray ISO Files with Full-Menus; who users who tryed to use the Blu-Ray ISO Version of the disk to these players that don't support Full Blu-Ray Menus from any ISO.

MP4/MKV files will come into some Folders, there no menu layout or pop-up, you have to enter to each folder to select the MP4/MKV file you want to playback.

Each MP4/MKV file will include chapters, but some TV's from USB Movie Mode don't have Previous/Next-Buttons, @ 2013 LG/Samsung/Sony Models I runned some tests today, they can change the chapters using their left-right buttons, from previous/next buttons they navigate throu the folder files, not the chapters.

Color Reproduction Patterns (144 Patterns) also there were placed in one folder also, for quick navigation; all Display Characterization Chapters will be at the same folder also for the same reason.

I'm attaching some MKV/MP4 Samples here for those who want to test the compatibility. Any feedback will always be very helpful.

I believe I will have the release ready at the end of this week.

ColorGamutSample.zip 459k .zip file [
Attached Files
File Type: zip ColorGamutSample.zip (459.4 KB, 23 views)
Carbon Ft Print likes this.

post #277 of 463 Old 12-17-2013, 06:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:

Update:

The Media Files Edition of the disk will contain all chapters of the Blu-Ray Release in MP4 and MKV formats, to give support to as many devices as possible, like Stand-Alone Media Players, PC/MAC Software Players, Satellite Tuners, Digital TV Receivers, Consoles (for movie playback from USB), Tablets/SmartPhones (who want to verify their screen for fun), TV's USB Movie Mode, or Stand-Alone Media Players or PC Media Players that can't playback Blu-Ray ISO Files with Full-Menus; who users who tryed to use the Blu-Ray ISO Version of the disk to these players that don't support Full Blu-Ray Menus from any ISO.

MP4/MKV files will come into some Folders, there no menu layout or pop-up, you have to enter to each folder to select the MP4/MKV file you want to playback.

Each MP4/MKV file will include chapters, but some TV's from USB Movie Mode don't have Previous/Next-Buttons, @ 2013 LG/Samsung/Sony Models I runned some tests today, they can change the chapters using their left-right buttons, from previous/next buttons they navigate throu the folder files, not the chapters.

Color Reproduction Patterns (144 Patterns) also there were placed in one folder also, for quick navigation; all Display Characterization Chapters will be at the same folder also for the same reason.

I'm attaching some MKV/MP4 Samples here for those who want to test the compatibility. Any feedback will always be very helpful.

This is great news! I'll give it a go on my Popcorn Hour when I get home, thanks Ted.
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #278 of 463 Old 12-17-2013, 07:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Update:

Thanks Ted for this great work smile.gif

i'll test tonight on my panasonic plasma via USB and my BD player and Media player

FYI, i've just tested your sample on my HTC smartphone and i't's play fine biggrin.gif
post #279 of 463 Old 12-17-2013, 12:13 PM
Advanced Member

Are there chapters in the samples?
post #280 of 463 Old 12-17-2013, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadett View Post

Are there chapters in the samples?

Yes, you can check them using your pc media player also.

The problem is that it has to do with the device, if it supports chapters on MP4 or MKV files or if it handles them as a file without chapters.

Sometimes the cursor buttons of remote can be used to change the chapters.

Please send me your feedback if you have time to check it. Thank you in advance.

post #281 of 463 Old 12-17-2013, 07:15 PM
Advanced Member

I can confirm they play as intended on my Popcorn Hour A-400. This is great Ted. I've been waiting for a bit perfect MKV/MP4 calibration solution.
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #282 of 463 Old 12-17-2013, 11:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The problem is that it has to do with the device, if it supports chapters on MP4 or MKV files or if it handles them as a file without chapters.

Please send me your feedback if you have time to check it. Thank you in advance.
i've tested the MP4 and MKV files on my Panasonic st50 :
- MP4 : st50 read as only one file, not possible to skip chapters
- MKV : st50 read as one file but you can skip chapters to directly go to the pattern you want (you don't see the tittle like : red, green, blue...). On the remote :
0 is the patterns presentation
1 is 100% white pattern
2 is 75% white
3 is red
4 is green
5 is blue
And so on...
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #283 of 463 Old 12-18-2013, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by realzven View Post

Quote:

i've tested the MP4 and MKV files on my Panasonic st50 :
- MP4 : st50 read as only one file, not possible to skip chapters
- MKV : st50 read as one file but you can skip chapters to directly go to the pattern you want (you don't see the tittle like : red, green, blue...). On the remote :
0 is the patterns presentation
1 is 100% white pattern
2 is 75% white
3 is red
4 is green
5 is blue
And so on...

Thank you for the feedback.

Plans changed.....

I will split the disk chapters of CalMAN/ChromaPure Sessions to separate files using MKV + MP4 formats.

For example: inside the 11-Step Grayscale file folder you will find 11 files; each file per color patch (named as 01. Black , 02. 10% Grey, 03. 20% Gray etc.) and the players will auto advanced to the next color patch since they will be all available in the same folder, but you will able to navigate thou the previous/next pattern using your player remote buttons.

The loading delay time between each file is expected to be at ~0.1-0.5s range because the file format stays the same.

This method will give 100% support of any available device that can play media filesand prevent any possible incompatibility...

Also it will increase the compatibility for all devices which can play Media Files, Including Apple Devices like iPhone/iPad etc... etc... for verification or for measurements (just for fun).

The 1 file per chapter idea with chapter marks inside was a good idea, but 50% of the devices don't support chapters, ok, now I have more work to do but the users will have zero problems during playback wink.gif

post #284 of 463 Old 12-18-2013, 03:35 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks TED wink.gif
post #285 of 463 Old 12-26-2013, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

UPDATE:

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk 1.0 (MKV Media Files Edition) = 1,151 Files, 54 Folders, Total Size: 8.69 GB... is Ready!

I need 1-2 more days to finish the MP4 Media Files Edition also.

Media Files Edition of the Disk will feature the full contents of the Blu-Ray Edition in Both MKV+MP4 File Formats....in one download, fully compatible to all devices. wink.gif

post #286 of 463 Old 12-26-2013, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Hello Ted,

What a great disc you came up with. And I have never seen better follow up on any calibration disc as yours. smile.gif

Thanks.smile.gif

ss
post #287 of 463 Old 12-26-2013, 08:47 PM

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

Hello Ted,

What a great disc you came up with. And I have never seen better follow up on any calibration disc as yours. smile.gif

Thanks.smile.gif

ss

+1,000,000
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #288 of 463 Old 12-28-2013, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

UPDATE:

The MP4/MKV Media Files Version of the Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk has just released. smile.gif

This release contains all the chapters of the Blu-Ray Release in MP4 and MKV formats, to give support to as many devices as possible, like:

Stand-Alone Media Players
PC/MAC Software Players
Satellite Tuners
Digital TV Receivers
Consoles (for movie playback from USB)
Tablets/SmartPhones (who want to verify their screen for fun)
TV's USB Movie Mode
Apple Devices (iPad/iPhone etc.)
Stand-Alone Media Players or PC Media Players that can't playback Blu-Ray ISO Files with Full-Menus (who users who tryed to use the Blu-Ray ISO Version of the disk to these players that don't support Full Blu-Ray Menus from any ISO.)

...And generally all possible devices that can have media player capabilities.

MadVR Users can use the LightSpace Chapter to perform Cube Profilings using LightSpace DIP Mode.
*Harry* likes this.

post #289 of 463 Old 01-03-2014, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

CalMAN 5.2.2 Build: 1404 Released @ 03 January 2014

New Features

Added support for the Video Forge II HDMI.
Added support for the JVC 840.
Added support for APL patterns on the Lumagen Radiance.
Added support for APL patterns on the Accupel 5000 (Grayscale only).
Added pattern size and APL sliders for pattern sources which support them.
Added a Reconnect Hardware on Startup option under Application preferences. When unchecked, CalMAN will not attempt to reconnect to any hardware upon application startup.

Changes

At the end of a series read or AutoCal, we will now go to a 10% full screen pattern instead of black.
Added black to the default run on the ColorChecker workflow.
Added support for the ColorChecker workflow for all license levels which have the Quick Analysis workflow.

Resolved Issues

Fixed issue on the Color Cube workflow which caused no data to populate into the Check Linearity and Verify Linearity layouts.
Fixed firmware compatibility issue for the PR 700 series meters.
Fixed connection issues with the PR 600 series meters.
AutoAdvance will now properly move on to the next color group on the Gamut Luminance and Gamut Saturation run types.
Resolved issue when creating 3D Cubes where CalMAN would just exit during the calibration process.
Fixed Quick Analysis workflow so the Targets button is now functional.
Made performance improvements which could cause errors when flipping through layouts.
Resolved issue where x-axis would always display on RGB Balance and Gamma charts when set to line.
Horizontal target line no longer shows up on CCT chart when set to Bar. Vertical target line is not currently displaying.

Download CalMAN 5 for Business 5.2.2 (Build 1404)

Download CalMAN 5 for Home Video Calibration 5.2.2 (Build 1404)

NOTE: CalMAN 5 Workflows will be tweaked and sended automatically to Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Users later today.

post #290 of 463 Old 01-04-2014, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

UpdaTED CalMAN 5 Workflows (For Ted's Lightspace CMS Calibration Disk Users) for CalMAN 5.2.2.1404 Release.

2 New Pages Added to Pre-Calibration Tools Workflow.

Advanced Color Gamut Page: For simplier gamut manual CMS using internal display 6-Axis CMS Controls . Default: 100% Saturation / 100% Stimulus Level but it can be changed manually from the user to 75% Stimulus Level.

Advanced Color Saturation Page: For simplier saturation manual CMS using internal display 6-Axis CMS Controls. Default: 75% Saturation / 75% Stimulus Level but it can be changed manually from the user to 100% Stimulus Level.
Carbon Ft Print likes this.

post #291 of 463 Old 01-13-2014, 03:15 AM

Liked: 39
Hi im new to this LUT calibration and using calman, but as a tool to evaluate pre and post calibration TED's disk is superb, I would just like to thanks TED for very fast delivery and really good customer service. I also so bought the eectolor box from him and delivery from US to UK was only 2 days,

one thing I like about the disk is when reading a series of patterns due to the patterns are only displayed for a short time there is no need to press next on the bluray player just wait a few seconds and confirm the next read in calman this works really well. in particular with the workflows provided.

but in general it just works really well still a million patterns I need to explorer.
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #292 of 463 Old 01-13-2014, 04:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACappo View Post

Hi im new to this LUT calibration and using calman, but as a tool to evaluate pre and post calibration TED's disk is superb, I would just like to thanks TED for very fast delivery and really good customer service. I also so bought the eectolor box from him and delivery from US to UK was only 2 days,

one thing I like about the disk is when reading a series of patterns due to the patterns are only displayed for a short time there is no need to press next on the bluray player just wait a few seconds and confirm the next read in calman this works really well. in particular with the workflows provided.

but in general it just works really well still a million patterns I need to explorer.

it's take a lot of time to look all the patterns biggrin.gif
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #293 of 463 Old 01-15-2014, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

LightSpace CMS 6.5.0.1820

A new version of LightSpace is now available.

This version includes:

-- High resolution 21^3 profiling added (9.261 Color Points)
-- User patch set generation capability added, including non-grid based patches
-- Added Grey Scale only Profiling
-- Changed Probe Match (old probe match data is no longer valid)
-- Fix BT1886 gamma graph display
-- Change VideoScale filter operation
-- New LUT formats added

DOWNLOAD LightSpace CMS Demo or Upgrade for Licensed Users

DOWNLOAD LightSpace DPS (Display Profiling System) Free Version License Request

Notes

The new high-resolution profiling capabilities, including in-built 21^3 profiling, and the unrestricted user generated patch capability provides a level of calibration accuracy beyond any alternative calibration system.

This is a very powerful addition to LightSpace, and is unmatched within the calibration industry.

Please note that if you are using the in-built 'Probe Matching' function, all previous probe matching data files will need to be deleted and replaced with new files.

post #294 of 463 Old 01-15-2014, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The Next Version (1.1 Version) of Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk will support 21-Point Cube (9.261 Color Points) Profilings for Klein Meters (1 Sec -1.5 Sec - 2 Sec) using LightSpace's DIP Mode Chapters.

These 21-Point Cube Chapters are encoded and are ready from late December 2013 but I did't had free time to test them here to my setup with my KURO + Klein K-10A.

So at Saturday I runned the first try using a Temp Version BluRay Copy of my disk, using the LightSpace's 1 Sec. per color patch DIP Mode Chapter.

As you see, the total readings took 2 Hours 34 Minutes and 21 Seconds, fully automated without any user prompt, with the blu-ray disk running from my actual blu-rau player (Pioneer LX-91) I use to playback my bluray movies also.

SillySally has runned also the 21-Point Cube Profiling using his VT60 and Klein K-10A with LightSpace but with Lumagen as a Pattern Generator, with 0.5 sec Meter read delay also and it took 2 Hours and 44 minutes.... This makes my Profiling Solution the fastest (by 11 minutes) and the most accurate since it corrects player's output inaccurancies also...something the External Pattern Generators are missing and also It's the only solution right now available for 3D Cube Profilings where you able to calibrate your total video signal chain..... because all the color patches are reproduced from your actual blu-ray player wink.gif

The Sync of the disk with the LightSpace was exceptional. LightSpace in DIP Mode it has an internal 0.5m sec meter delay before each meter read and this 0.5sec delay is good for the pattern to stabilize since i'm using a plasma display.

I runned that 21-Point Chapter at Saturday but I did't had time to check the results with measurements or with blu-ray reference contect after the profiling ended so today I opened the LightSpace's measurements file that I took at Saturday and generated my Correction LUT to my eecolor and I used my current released version of my disk with CalMAN to take some measurements to check that all is perfect.

These are the measurements I took today (Wednesday) from the measurements I took at Saturday.

My KURO has the Blue undersaturation by default that produce problem to Magenta also, and this is the reason it makes my dE Average in Saturation higher but I can't do something about that, it's KURO limitation...

There plans but no release date available for 1.1 Version of my disk due to my limited free time... frown.gif

So after the measurements compleTED, I used made some comparisons of 17-Point vs. 21-Point LUT's I had loaded in my eeColor's memory slots 1-2. (I had a 10 days old 17-Point Cube measurements).

After checking several scenes in various falimiar movies the main difference i saw was in shadow detail, since 21-Point Cube is measing a lot of more dark shades and in case you use a reference Colorimeter like Klein K-10A, here you see exactly it's advancage.

I saw an improvement in image depth, during movie playback, and generally a slight better presentation by checking paused scenes, but the 17-Point was very good and so close too (if you don't count the shadow detail improvement).

In faces/skintones, i can't say that it was visible an easy to identify difference but the total image was more 'solid' in 21-Point vs. 17-Point.

21-Point Cube also reported the lowest dE Average in Saturation I have ever seen to my setup, lower that the 17-Point Cube.

post #295 of 463 Old 01-16-2014, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

CalMAN 5.2.3 Build: 1415 Released @ 16 January 2014

Changes

Added the ColorChecker report (Display Calibration Certificate) at all Business level licenses.
Added Client 3 as a pattern source for the Basic and Control licenses.
Updated APL for finer control on supported devices.

Resolved Issues

Fixed issue where only 100% saturations were available for the DPGs and AVS disc.
Fixed issue with the new firmware for the DPG-2000. This version of CalMAN now requires at least firmware version 2.0.1.86. This new firmware can be downloaded here.
Fixed issue that was causing Collection Average for Gamut Saturation and Gamut Luminance sweeps to not update properly.
Fixed issue where Luminance Sweeps were reading 100%s twice for each color.
Fixed varied stability issues.

Download CalMAN 5 for Business 5.2.3 (Build 1415)

Download CalMAN 5 for Home Video Calibration 5.2.3 (Build 1415)

post #296 of 463 Old 01-16-2014, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

CalMAN 5.2.3 Build: 1416 Released @ 17 January 2014

Changes

Added a check box for Check for updates under Application Preferences. Unchecking this will reduce the timing for updates to every 90 days.

Resolved Issues

Fixed issue with Saturations AutoCal.

Download CalMAN 5 for Business 5.2.3 (Build 1416)

Download CalMAN 5 for Home Video Calibration 5.2.3 (Build 1416)

post #297 of 463 Old 01-18-2014, 02:36 AM

Liked: 16
Ted.

You have done a fantastic job.

I've already burned to blu-ray and I can only say it is the best disk I have ever tasted calibration

From Spain. thank you very much
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #298 of 463 Old 01-18-2014, 01:26 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
@connecteddd If i order the blu-ray disc, how are updates handled when you release them?
post #299 of 463 Old 01-18-2014, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post

@connecteddd If i order the blu-ray disc, how are updates handled when you release them?

Hello, currently there's available the Version 1.0 and it has 3 differenent versions to select:

1) Blu-Disk Copy (Version 1.0)

2) Blu-Ray ISO Digital Download Link (Version 1.0)

3) MP4/MKV Media Files (Version 1.0)

All version will get free updates for 1.xx for lifetime...

This means if someone got the (2) or (3) I will send him the new download link when it will be available (within 1-2 days after the released, due to traffic).

If someone got the (1), when the new version will be released, I can send him the new version with -50% discount, this means from 30$ -> 15$ for the new copy (Including First Class Priority International Shipping Cost).

If someone got now (1) or (2) or (3) he's got discount if he will order other version of the disk, the upgrade options are there.
buzzard767 likes this.

post #300 of 463 Old 01-19-2014, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post

About the 2 Ted's CalMAN 5 Exclusive Workflows, all my disk users of any version will get free workflow updates for lifetime.

Reply Display Calibration

Tags
Pioneer Elite Kuro Pro 1150hd 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page