Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 510 Old 02-26-2014, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 487
There were a serious problem to my whole website for some days and that made impossible for someone to fill with success any form (Ordering Disk or eeColor/Contact Me/Send Feedback/Request Support etc.)

After submiting any form it was displaying that:

There was a problem with your submission.

Errors have been highlighted below.

But there were not errors made by the user, all the required tabs were correct...

Because I haven't include any e-mail address anywhere at my website, it was impossible to someone to reach me, now that problem has fixed, sorry for this problem (I was aware of it) and thanks my disk user Justin who reported to me.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 510 Old 03-14-2014, 05:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Hello Mr. ConnecTEDDD smile.gif

some time ago You talked about a new disk revision. When will You release the new version?

I'm so excited to get Your new disk and explore it's awesome features...
post #363 of 510 Old 03-16-2014, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFaxe View Post

Hello Mr. ConnecTEDDD smile.gif

some time ago You talked about a new disk revision. When will You release the new version?

I'm so excited to get Your new disk and explore it's awesome features...

Hello, yes I'm working on it, the 1.1 version, It will be ready in about 1 week from now.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk 1.1 Changes:

For LightSpace users:

Added 21-Point Cube Profiling Chapters for DIP Mode 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5 sec per color.
Added 1.5 sec DIP Mode Chapters to all LightSpace Cube Sizes (Quick Profling, 10/17/21-Point Cube / Hybrid)

For CalMAN users:

Added Black Patch Pattern before each CalMAN x-Point Saturation/Luminance Chapters.
Dynamic Range Chapter has separated to Dynamic Range Clipping and Dynamic Range Clipping with Peak.

For ChromaPure users:

Added 10/20-Point Gamma Chapters.

Added ChromaPure Color Checker Skin Tones Chapter.

For CalMAN + ChromaPure users:

1.0 version had a 2 sec. of Pattern Info announcement screen before each color patch followed by 1 sec. of Black Patch.
1.1 version will have 1.5 sec. of Pattern Info announcement screen before each color patch followed by 0.5 sec. of Black Patch.
This change saves some seconds for faster required total times for each chapter measurements.

1.0 version had automatic pattern change per 10 sec for each color for all CalMAN/ChromaPure Chapters, not required from the user to use his blu-ray remote control.
1.1 version will have 3 options in total: 10 / 6 / 2 sec per color patch.

Klein users will be able to use 2 sec per color to measure very fast, Other meter users will have the option of 6 or 10 seconds of displaying of each Patch, working like a pattern generator, the user will have to click only multiple times his software Meter Measure Button.

To access this you have to dial the Chapter button you see at the Chapter Info Screen using your numpad of your Blu-Ray Player, for example to go directly to CalMAN's ColorChecker SG 2 sec. per color, you have to press '99'.

BTW Meter Positioning pattern has change shape to 11.11% Gray Window with Cross to be more user friendly for users with Laser Aiming Meters.

Upgrade Options for current users:

1.0 version Digital Download users (Blu-Ray ISO / Media Files Version) will get a new download link for free, they will get free download link for any other 1.xx upcoming version.

1.0 version Digital Download users will be able to order a Blu-Ray Disk copy with discount (-30%).

1.0 version Blu-Ray Copy users will be able to order a new copy with discount (-35%).
njfoses and DrFaxe like this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
post #364 of 510 Old 03-16-2014, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 201
post #365 of 510 Old 03-17-2014, 03:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

Will other pattern sizes be in a later version?

Yes, there will be other versions of the disk in the future, but I can't guarantee the release dates.

Current 1.xx versions don't have th required space left in the disk (Single Layer 25GB) to fit other pattern sizes, it has only a few MB left to support future changes for CalMAN/ChromaPure etc.

I will have to move to a Dual Layer 50GB disk for this, but it's to my expansions future plans wink.gif

post #366 of 510 Old 03-17-2014, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post

Yes, there will be other versions of the disk in the future, but I can't guarantee the release dates.

Current 1.xx versions don't have th required space left in the disk (Single Layer 25GB) to fit other pattern sizes, it has only a few MB left to support future changes for CalMAN/ChromaPure etc.

I will have to move to a Dual Layer 50GB disk for this, but it's to my expansions future plans wink.gif

ok, thanks
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #367 of 510 Old 03-22-2014, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:

Hello, yes I'm working on it, the 1.1 version, It will be ready in about 1 week from now.

Thanks Ted,
great news. The flexible chapter time will make the verification process much more convenient for every user.
post #368 of 510 Old 03-22-2014, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFaxe View Post

Quote:

Thanks Ted,
great news. The flexible chapter time will make the verification process much more convenient for every user.

Exactly, I wanted to make the calibration experience of any user less painful, to require less time, to be simplier for the user which needs only to press some mouse clicks to measure button in CalMAN or ChromaPure window.

Advandages of 1.1 Version:

Reducing the total required measurement time for each chapter (gaining more time to watch some movies).

Less remote control usage from the user, since that will automatically change faster to the next required color. (6 sec per color points works well with id3 meters)

More flexible for very fast meters with 2 sec. per color.

Close to work like having an 'external pattern generator experience' without spending 1.500$, the same time time that will be more accurate from any pattern generator since you measure from your actual movie playback source, measuring/calibrating the whole video signal chain.

21-Point Cube (9.261 Color Points) Automatic Profiling using LightSpace DIP Mode Sync way, without user prompt, with Klein it takes 2H 34M only! This is something noone has ever imagined, to be possible to measure so many colors (9.261) from your bluray player without external pattern generator, without user prompt, in HT enviroment. smile.gif))))))
njfoses likes this.

post #369 of 510 Old 03-26-2014, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Hello disk users/friends,

Before 6 months my Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk was released, it was 23 October 2013, when the version 1.0 of my disk released to public (since I was keeping a major part of that disk contents only for me from 2011 (patterns), 2012 (LightSpace Sync Chapters), I had the opportunity, and I'm glad for that, to make new contacts with a lot of good and interesting people around the world (home calibration ethousiasts and professionals calibrators), some of them became my friends-from-distance, later we shared our display experiences, sharing calibration tips, finding solutions, helped them if needed etc.

Thank you for your support, your wonderful feedback and your donations so far. All my disk users after exporing the my disk can understand that it's price is symbolic for such that disk content/features, just I wanted to make the access to my disk more cost-friendly for anyone with that low price I'm offering it.

But Calibration Software solutions have improved and they added new features so I wanted to follow that software changes and I'm releasing today the 1.1 Version of my disk that covers all changes in software the last 6 months for LightSpace/CalMAN/ChromaPure users.

Have you ever dreamed that you can use a calibration disk that you can be played from your actual blu-ray player/media player where you are using to watch your movies, to automatically generate the required 9.261/4.913/1.000 Color Patches with a single mouse click and without any other user prompt.... yes... Now it can be possible, and you are not dreaming. smile.gif

This saves you a lot of money, from buying an external Pattern generator with full RGB Triplet support (Minimum 1.500$)...and with the money you saving you can get LightSpace+eeColor and use my disk as a pattern source for 10-Point (1.000 Color Points) / 17-Point (4.913 Color Points) or 21-Point Cube (9.261 Color Points) Profiling, and this makes for anyone the entrance to Large 3D-LUT Profiling world easier for the pocket.

This was the idea the whole disk was based, as a solution to calibrate the whole video signal chain of the HT users, something it was no possible and was missing, because all available software solutions were using an external pattern generator or other sources (Notebook outputs) that simply don't see or can't fix each user player problem/inaccurancies...all players are different, each firmware maybe impact to each player output, each player output settings have different output also, since nothing is reference....if you measure 3 different brands of pattern generators will find differencies, but If you use your real player to display 1.000 or 4.914 or 9.261 Color Points, the problems will be corrected later from the correction LUT that it will be generated from LightSpace, so you will have more accurate video color accurancy later because your whole video chain will be calibrated.

This is something that can't be fixed in case you are using a 20.000$ external pattern generator throu your video chain, because it misses what is happening before the pattern generator... and it calibrates you everything... but not care/fix your player output problems....Ok, if you are calibrating a display with 21-Point Grayscale + 1-Point CMS (6 Colors), by calibrating 27 color from your source or from an external pattern generator maybe be the same since you are measuring/calibrating only a few color points, but when you will measure thousant color points there will be differencies for sure.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk 1.1 Changes:

For LightSpace users:

Recent LightSpace version added 21-Point Cube (9.261 Color Points) profiling size support and it's highly recommended for the ultimate and most accurate and critical color-accurate profiling of any display.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Version 1.1 follows the latest LightSpace Software changes and adds 21-Point Cube Profiling capability.

There available 6 Chapters in Version 1.1 for 21-Point Cube Profings with LightSpace: 1 / 1.5 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5.

There a lot of colors that have to measured (9.261) and it requires a very fast meter and accurate at low level measurements like a Klein K-10A for that, to perform fast readings and before your display/projector will start drifting from the increased electronics working temperature or lamp driftings over usage etc.

For the Klein K-10A users, the 21-Point Cube DIP Mode 1 Sec. Chapter is working perfectly synced and it will measure 9.261 Color Points in 2 Hours and 34 Minutes (with 0.5-0.7 sec of delay before each meter read for display stability if required)

(Backstage Info: The 21-Point Cube Chapter was ready before LightSpace adds that feature to the software)

Added 1.5 sec DIP Mode Chapters to all LightSpace Cube Sizes (Quick Profling, 10/17/21-Point Cube / Hybrid), this feature was requested by some Klein K-10A users to add more time (1-1.2 sec) before each meter read.

For CalMAN users:

CalMAN software changed too the last 6 months, from 5.2.3 version and above, a black patch measurement was required before each CalMAN's 4/5/10-Point Saturation/Luminance Chapters, so it Version 1.1 a Black Patch added to these chapters to provide 100% same pattern order match.

Dynamic Range Chapter has separated to Dynamic Range Clipping and Dynamic Range Clipping with Peak. (this was mainly a disk user request)

For ChromaPure users:

Added 10/20-Point Gamma Chapters that was missed in Version 1.0 (this was mainly some disk users request)

ChromaPure changes over the last 6 months too, so Tom added Color Checker Skin Tones feature, this is added to my Disk Version 1.1 also.

For CalMAN + ChromaPure users:

1.0 version had a 2 sec. of Pattern Info announcement screen before each color patch followed by 1 sec. of Black Patch.

1.1 version will have 1.5 sec. of Pattern Info announcement screen before each color patch followed by 0.5 sec. of Black Patch.

This change saves some seconds for shorter required total times for each chapter measurements.

1.0 version had automatic pattern change per 10 sec for each color for all CalMAN/ChromaPure Chapters, by not requiring from the user to use his blu-ray remote control.

1.1 version will have 3 options in total: 10 / 6 / 2 sec per color patch.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUAVZOjJ9jo)

This is a video example of CalMAN’s 11-Point Grayscale Chapter with 6 sec. of displaying per each color patch, following the exact pattern order as CalMAN Software request them. All CalMAN/ChromaPure Chapters have that option; to display with AutoAdvance each color patch for 6 sec. and there available @ Ted’s LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk version 1.1 release only.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8weOnFnOtQ)

This is a video example of CalMAN’s 11-Point Grayscale Chapter with 2 sec. of displaying per each color patch, following the exact pattern order as CalMAN Software request them. This is very useful for users with a ultra fast meter like Klein K-10A. All CalMAN/ChromaPure Chapters have that option; to display with AutoAdvance each color patch for 2 sec. and there available @ Ted’s LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk version 1.1 release only.

Other meter users will have the option of 6 or 10 seconds of displaying of each Patch, working like a pattern generator, the user will have to click only multiple times his software Meter Measure Button.

To access this you have to dial the Chapter button you see at the Chapter Info Screen using your numpad of your Blu-Ray Player, for example to go directly to CalMAN's ColorChecker SG 2 sec. per color, you have to press '99'.

2 sec / 6 sec Pattern Autochange brings the user closer to a 'working like an external pattern generator experience' but without spending a large ammount of money.

BTW Meter Positioning pattern has change shape to 11.11% Gray Window with Cross to be more user friendly for users with Laser Aiming Meters.

1.0 version Digital Download users (Blu-Ray ISO / Media Files Version) will get a new download link for free, they will get free download link for any other 1.xx upcoming version.

There is a delicated page created for the current disk user, where they can send their request for a free downlaod link and I will later verify my records and generate them their personal download link.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Digital Download Update (Free For Disk Owners Only)

NOTE: Media File Version 1.1 need some time for encoding, It will be ready until 31 March.

1.0 version Digital Download users will be able to order a Blu-Ray Disk copy with discount (-30%) + 1.0 version Blu-Ray Copy users will be able to order a new copy with discount (-35%).

These 2 upgrade options are available to the Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Upgrade Order (For Disk Owners Only) Page.

For The users without meters, there no changes to the other sessions of the disk, the Color Reproduction Patterns or Pre-Calibration Patterns are the same.

For The users without meters, there some Version 1.0 copies left that are available with a discount (-30%) here (select Version 1.0).

Version 1.1 has changes only for Meter/Software users for LightSpace/CalMAN/ChromaPure.

post #370 of 510 Old 03-26-2014, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Ted, you have done an amazing amount of work - well done, and congratulations on what must be the most complete calibration disc available!
It really is an amazing tool for the enthusiast and professional calibrator.

Steve
PlasmaPZ80U and ConnecTEDDD like this.

Steve Shaw
LIGHT ILLUSION

post #371 of 510 Old 03-27-2014, 10:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Here's a big thanks to Ted for making LUTs calibration a lot easier for us DIYers.

Received tracking information almost immediately. Great service.
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #372 of 510 Old 03-28-2014, 02:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

Here's a big thanks to Ted for making LUTs calibration a lot easier for us DIYers.

Agree entirely.

Downloaded perfectly and extracted exactly as it should.
Burnt via my cheapo USB powered Samsung burner without any problems (my AC powered USB hub makes such a difference).

Not yet tried v1.1 but looking forward to learning a bit more regarding things I should and could be doing.
Great learning tool with fabulous Customer Support from Ted.
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #373 of 510 Old 03-28-2014, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:

Yes Jim, Ted's new disc for CM should work well with your D3 profiled by the Jeti 1211.

Very good choice. wink.gif

ss
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #374 of 510 Old 03-29-2014, 02:34 AM

Liked: 20
TED

Why Light Illusion recomendation "ramp metod" for choose window size for plasmas ?
This is 5-15% high TV =0.25-2.25%, but you use 11.11%?
post #375 of 510 Old 03-30-2014, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anta1974 View Post

TED

Why Light Illusion recomendation "ramp metod" for choose window size for plasmas ?
This is 5-15% high TV =0.25-2.25%, but you use 11.11%?

Hi, if you try the way Light Illision is recommending, you will need a bigger window from the size you are refering.

Generally there's no rule about the window pattern size that is working better for each plasma brand/model.

The fact is that the Lumagen had 11.11% window patterns for many years (before custom size option become available) shows that they did some testing to various display to choose that size.

Also the most professional field calibrators are using Accupel 10.85% as an only size for all calibrations and as a covered in pixel area they are matching very close with Lumagen ones.

When you are using small patches you may prevent ABL problems but when you watching a movie, the APL are higher and also APL levels are not fixed, they are floating, had to do with each scene of movie.

Plasma users generally will get better performance from 2:35:1 movies than from 1:85:1 becasue less pixels are driven from the panel since black bars up and down are not taking power from the power supply, so there more 'fuel' to drive better the remaining active pixels wink.gif

I'm not a fan of APL patterns, post production software solutions like LightSpace/THX CineCube/FilmLight TrueLight doesn't have any option to generate APL patterns so pro's are profiling Professional Plasma's where they used at post-production facilities as a 'client monitor' using classic window patterns.

Michael's Chen article says a lot of interest things about APL Patterns for Plasma here.
prsut, PlasmaPZ80U and anta1974 like this.

post #376 of 510 Old 03-30-2014, 01:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Quote:

Hi, if you try the way Light Illision is recommending, you will need a bigger window from the size you are refering.

Generally there's no rule about the window pattern size that is working better for each plasma brand/model.

The fact is that the Lumagen had 11.11% window patterns for many years (before custom size option become available) shows that they did some testing to various display to choose that size.

Also the most professional field calibrators are using Accupel 10.85% as an only size for all calibrations and as a covered in pixel area they are matching very close with Lumagen ones.

When you are using small patches you may prevent ABL problems but when you watching a movie, the APL are higher and also APL levels are not fixed, they are floating, had to do with each scene of movie.

Plasma users generally will get better performance from 2:35:1 movies than from 1:85:1 becasue less pixels are driven from the panel since black bars up and down are not taking power from the power supply, so there more 'fuel' to drive better the remaining active pixels wink.gif

I'm not a fan of APL patterns, post production software solutions like LightSpace/THX CineCube/FilmLight TrueLight doesn't have any option to generate APL patterns so pro's are profiling Professional Plasma's where they used at post-production facilities as a 'client monitor' using classic window patterns.

Michael's Chen article says a lot of interest things about APL Patterns for Plasma here.

yes, when calibrating Plasma u definitely want some of the ABL and the pixel noise to be there b/c when you watch real world content it will be there as well....

calibration & profiling solutions: Lightspace, Spaceman, Calman, Argyll, ColorNavigator, basICColor
profiling & calibration workflow tools: Display Calibration Tools
meter: Klein K-10 A, i1Pro, i1D3
AVS thread: Lightspace & Custom Color Patch Set & Gamma Calibration on Panasonic 65VT60
post #377 of 510 Old 04-01-2014, 02:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Ted,

Received the eecolor colorbox ahead of schedule.

Thanks for the great service.
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #378 of 510 Old 04-02-2014, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ted,

Received the eecolor colorbox ahead of schedule.

Thanks for the great service.

Thank you Jim and welcome to 3D LUT World smile.gif

BTW you eeColor 3D LUT Box package prepared and arrived 3-4 hours after placing you order, as fast we can wink.gif

post #379 of 510 Old 04-02-2014, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Version 1.1 @ Media Files MP4+MKV Edition Released Today.

I have just finished the Media Files 1.1 Version and I'm compressing it right now, it will take around 3 hours, and later I will upload it to my on-line space provider that will require 8-9 hours.

Current Version 1.0 Media Files Version Digital Download users will get a new download link for the Version 1.1 for free, they will get free download link for any other 1.xx upcoming version also.

There is a dedicated page created for the current digital download version users, where they can send their request for a free download link and I will later verify my records and generate them their personal download link.

Please fill that form here: Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Digital Download Update (Free for Current Disk Users Only)

Tomorrow when the file will be available online I will start sending to those who filled the Request Free Digital Download Update Form, your free personal download link.

Release Notes are available at my Post #369

post #380 of 510 Old 04-03-2014, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Do those who have the 1.0 hard copy also get the 1.1 media files for free? I believe I also have the 1.0 media files.
post #381 of 510 Old 04-03-2014, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Do those who have the 1.0 hard copy also get the 1.1 media files for free? I believe I also have the 1.0 media files.

Version 1.0 Blu-Ray ISO Digital Download users will get a new free download link for Version 1.1 Blu-Ray ISO Digital Download, they will get free download link for any other 1.xx upcoming version of Blu-Ray ISO Digital Download also. There is a dedicated page where they can send their request for a free download link and I will later verify my records and generate them their personal download link. Please fill that page form for this..

Version 1.0 Media Files (MP4+MKV) Digital Download users will get a new free download link for Version 1.1 Media Files (MP4+MKV) Digital Download, they will get free download link for any other 1.xx upcoming version of Media Files Digital Download also. There is a dedicated page where they can send their request for a free download link and I will later verify my records and generate them their personal download link. Please fill that page form for this..

Version 1.0 Blu-Ray Disk Copy users will be able to order a new copy of Version 1.1 Blu-Ray Disk with 35% discount using the upgrade options page.

For Users where they want to upgrade from one version to another, there a lot of available upgrade options with discount since they have already another versions of the disk at this dedicated page:

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Upgrade Order (For Disk Owners Only)

post #382 of 510 Old 04-06-2014, 03:08 AM

Dear TED,when you plan to add full field?
post #383 of 510 Old 04-06-2014, 04:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Dear TED,when you plan to add full field?

It's to the plans but there no size available on current 25GB Disk.

I will have to move to 50GB disk to add other sizes, the disk is created to with mainly focus for LightSpace users, to add another pattern size (for example the full field) for LightSpace 10/17/21-Point Cube Chapters need around 11GB space on disk and around 400MB for CalMAN/ChromaPure Chapters.

post #384 of 510 Old 04-06-2014, 05:08 AM

So you can only add 400MB for CalMAN/ChromaPure Chapters.
post #385 of 510 Old 04-06-2014, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So you can only add 400MB for CalMAN/ChromaPure Chapters.

New sizes will be added when a 50GB version will be released but no ETA.
anta1974 likes this.

post #386 of 510 Old 04-08-2014, 03:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 358
I just used the new AutoAdvance pattern change feature in the ColorChecker SG Chapter...

thanks for implementing, this is very, very useful ! smile.gif

- M
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

calibration & profiling solutions: Lightspace, Spaceman, Calman, Argyll, ColorNavigator, basICColor
profiling & calibration workflow tools: Display Calibration Tools
meter: Klein K-10 A, i1Pro, i1D3
AVS thread: Lightspace & Custom Color Patch Set & Gamma Calibration on Panasonic 65VT60
post #387 of 510 Old 04-12-2014, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 900
The new 21^3 patterns for LightSpace worked perfectly. I used a 2 second pattern and the process was flawless throughout the 9261 measurements. smile.gif
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

post #388 of 510 Old 04-13-2014, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

I posted these reviews on Ted's website for the 1.1 BD copy and 1.1 media files but I also wanted to post them here in case not everyone checks the site:

The original release of this calibration disk (1.0) was already great and more comprehensive than any other disk I have owned so far and the 1.1 updated version has refined that even further by making some beneficial tweaks in areas suggested by users of this disk including myself. While I personally don't mind using my BD player as a manual pattern source the option for auto advancing patterns at 6 or 2 second intervals is a great idea and might be especially useful when navigating through long pattern sequences like with saturation or luminance sweeps or the various colorchecker options.

It's nice to see that these media files have everything that made the BD disk great. With this format, I can check that my calibration is still correct even when not playing a BD disk, whether I use it on a TV's built-in USB media player, a BD player or gaming console's USB input/hard drive or on a PC. This lets me calibrate more than just BD playback and with all the patterns of the disk version.
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #389 of 510 Old 04-14-2014, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I posted these reviews on Ted's website for the 1.1 BD copy and 1.1 media files but I also wanted to post them here in case not everyone checks the site:

The original release of this calibration disk (1.0) was already great and more comprehensive than any other disk I have owned so far and the 1.1 updated version has refined that even further by making some beneficial tweaks in areas suggested by users of this disk including myself. While I personally don't mind using my BD player as a manual pattern source the option for auto advancing patterns at 6 or 2 second intervals is a great idea and might be especially useful when navigating through long pattern sequences like with saturation or luminance sweeps or the various colorchecker options.

It's nice to see that these media files have everything that made the BD disk great. With this format, I can check that my calibration is still correct even when not playing a BD disk, whether I use it on a TV's built-in USB media player, a BD player or gaming console's USB input/hard drive or on a PC. This lets me calibrate more than just BD playback and with all the patterns of the disk version.

It's true that a lot of Version 1.0 users have posted their feedback from their experience from using my disk during last week, when they got their free update for Version 1.1, I want to thank them for that. wink.gif

post #390 of 510 Old 04-15-2014, 02:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I have created a Version Comparison Picture to show the difference of features available between Version 1.0 & Version 1.1 of my disk.

Version_Comparison.png

Reply Display Calibration

Tags
Pioneer Elite Kuro Pro 1150hd 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - 1150hd by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page