post #451 of 472 Old 05-29-2014, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post

Zoyd can confirm this if it's true but I propably HCFR is re-directing to different xyY color targets upon each user's selected Gamma Formula Type/Value, so this don't need other patterns to be created for the users that want to calibrate and have accurate dE reporting for Color Gamut / Saturation / Luminance runs using different Power Law Gamma value from 2.22.

That's right, HCFR changes the target based on user selected gamma options.
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 472 Old 05-29-2014, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
corrected
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #453 of 472 Old 05-29-2014, 11:14 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post

That's right, HCFR changes the target based on user selected gamma options.
And then did not properly use calman-engine RGB triplets from TED disk?
post #454 of 472 Old 05-29-2014, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 302
post #455 of 472 Old 05-31-2014, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 424

Hello AVSForum users, today I'm releasing a Free Version of my calibration disk.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version is a Lite Version of the Full Disk that works with the following public available free calibration software solutions:

Light Illusion's LightSpace DPS & SpectraCAL's CalMAN ColorChecker.

The Free Version Download Link is including both format versions, Blu-Ray ISO and Media Files Version (MP4+MKV); This gives a wide device playback compatibility smile.gif

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version Download Instructions:

Request a Free Download Link from here.

Required Free Calibration Software Downloads:

LightSpace DPS (Display Profiling System) Free Version Download Instructions:

1) Download LightSpace CMS Demo from here.

2) Request a Free DPS Licence from here.

CalMAN ColorChecker (Free Version) Download Instructions:

Register to receive a free CalMAN ColorChecker license key by filling out the download form here.
PlasmaPZ80U and xvfx like this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #456 of 472 Old 06-01-2014, 05:40 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Hi Ted,

I looked at your offer for your free version for your calibration disc. I was wondering why you just don't offer a straight forward download instead of filling out forms or to even register? I am highly suspicious of individuals / websites that want information before they will submit what they offer for free. I hope that you can shed some light as to why the need for this procedure.
post #457 of 472 Old 06-01-2014, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randal_r View Post

Hi Ted,

I looked at your offer for your free version for your calibration disc. I was wondering why you just don't offer a straight forward download instead of filling out forms or to even register? I am highly suspicious of individuals / websites that want information before they will submit what they offer for free. I hope that you can shed some light as to why the need for this procedure.

Hi Randal,

The only details that you need to enter is name - email - country; has Red colored asterisk.

For all the other details it says ''If you like, you can fill also the following questions''.

The same basic details (name-email etc) are required before downloading CalMAN ColorChecker and LightSpace DPS also.

On-line space provider service has some badwidth I'm paying for, if I give out just a download link visible to all, there is no control about that available space, that link will be shared to some thousand sites, with some thousand downloads per month so I will out of bandwith and I will have to pay some more money to get extra available space etc.

After sending to the user the instructions and download link via e-mail, if he has a question he can reply to my email address (so I'm giving the user my email address too), this is by far more easier and fast to reply to a possible user question.

PS: If you have to reply to 20-30 emails per day with questions and countdown the time is taking to reply to each question you will understand better why a simple registration is required for me to know with who I'm talking about and easier for me to look the email history per user, remember what we have discussed before a long time etc. In case he will ask something again after some time.... most of the user are starting by describing their setup/meter/software and methods are using when they are communicating me for some tips or help etc. Having email history is very important for me to remember each details discussed per user.
PlasmaPZ80U and xvfx like this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
post #458 of 472 Old 06-01-2014, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Thank you Ted.
post #459 of 472 Old 06-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Man I didn't realise that this software is over four grand. That's freagin expensive for software only. The Lightspace CMS.
post #460 of 472 Old 06-01-2014, 02:03 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 47
Hi Ted:

Congratulations on a fantastic Release for TED’s Cal Disk1.1 and Calibration Media Files (MKV and MP4). What's new that I tested: 21x21x21 cube color patches for both TED’s Cal Disk 1.1 and Media Files MKV (did not test MP4).

Test Setup: I calibrated my 2013 Epson 6020 Projector with TED's Calibration Disk 1.1 in the OPPO95 Blu Ray Player to generate the Reference Patterns and grayscale & LUT calibration color patches. I calibrated my 2011 Sony55 LED TV using TED's MKV Media Files loaded in WDTV (Western Digital TV External Media Player w. 1TB HdDrv) to generate the Reference Patterns and grayscale & LUT calibration color patches. The grayscale was adjusted using Chromapure CMS for both the Projector and TV. Light Space LUT CMS was used for 21pt LUT calibrations for both Projector and TV. The K10A was used as the field meter and the PR-670 as the Reference Meter (for profiling the K10A).

Notable Points:

1. The use of TED's contrast/brightness and advanced contrast/brightness patterns are worth their weight in gold! Once the Projector’s dynamic range was set by ISF/THX standards, I had to reduce contrast from 45nits to 38nits (16% reduction) to see the full range of whiter than whites … as noted by TED’s Contrast Patterns. The Epson 6020 Projector is not like the Sony TV where one can see the full range of whiter than whites no matter how high one sets the contrast control. TED's Cal Disk is the only disk that has these patterns that I'm aware of. Just for this reason alone, it’s worth purchasing TED’s 1.1 Calibration Disk and Calibration Media Files.

2. I have MKV movies on the WDTV Media Player (I have the original Blu Ray Disks as well). TED's Media Files are the only Calibration Media (MKV or MP4) Files that I'm aware of that can transform an external or PC internal media player into a signal generator to produce Calibration Reference Patterns and Color Patches for Light Space, Chromapure and calMAN Calibration Management Systems. I just download TED’s MKV Cal files into the WDTV’s 1TB disk and used its remote control to display Reference Patterns and start the Color Patch sequences. The per color patch interval was selected at 6 seconds per color patch. There is a 2 second option once you gain experience. The 6 second option allows enough time for newbie’s to make minor “procedural” mistakes and recover from them without having to restart the entire sequence. If you want to calibrate the entire video chain from source (Media Player) to TV/Projector, get TEDs Media Files. Fantastic, reasonably easy to use and the price is outstanding. TED is really releasing some fantastic high quality products and I am very happy with his new Media Calibration Files!

3. Also what’s new is the addition of 21pt (21x21x21) patch sequence for Light Space LUT CMS (calMAN does not currently support 21pt). Both TED’s Cal Disk 1.1 (Blu Ray Players) and 1.1 Media Calibration Files (MKV and MP4 Media Players) support this. My Epson Projector is very non-linear and the 21pt LUT is noticeably better than the 17pt (17x17x17) … particularly in the projector’s RGB Separation/Linearity performance. 21pt is now my defacto LUT size standard. TED now delivers 21pt high quality capability at a very affordable price.

Wrap Up:

I was very, very happy with the calibration results. I highly recommend turning your blu ray and media player into a signal generator powered by TED. wink.gif)))))

Kind Regards,

JJ
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #461 of 472 Old 06-01-2014, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungro View Post

Man I didn't realise that this software is over four grand. That's freagin expensive for software only. The Lightspace CMS.

LightSpace CMS (Full Version) is aimed for Post-Production, Film, Post-Production & Broadcast industries.

It has ACES (Academy Colour Encoding System) and CDL (Colour Decision List) associated workflows and tools, export 3D LUT's to Dolby Monitors, Eizo ColoEdge, FSI, Penda, TVLogic, Ossehundends of LUT formats for Apple Color, Assimilate Scratch, Autodesk Lustre, Flame and Smoke, Black Magic Design Resolve, Nucoda Film Master and Fuse, FilmLight BaseLight, Pandora Revolution, Quantel iQ, eQ & Pablo, SGO Mistika, Eyeon Fusion, Adobe PhotoShop, After Effects, SpeedGrade, Premier, The Foundry Nuke, Tcube, Cine-tal Davio, Convergent Design, frontNICHE, Fujifilm, SmallHD and many more formats that have no use to HT world.

But when I created my disk (late 2012) only the LightSpace CMS licence was available for large 3D Cube Profilings (since LightSpace CMS was used to pro-world from 2009 for 17-Point Cube Profilings) that had Lumagen and eeColor support .... later, during at 2013 other lower cost licencies of LightSpace came out for HT market.

There 2 different LightSpace Home Cinema Software Licence Versions:

LightSpace HCL (Home Cinema Light) & LightSpace HCC (Home Cinema Calibration).

Both versions share the same features as the main LightSpace CMS (Full Version) but are limited to export 3D LUTs to eeColor or Lumagen Radiance / Radiance 2XXX Video Processors only, as these are the only LUT Devices in the Home Cinema Market with HDMI In-Out.

eeColor LUT Formats can be loaded directly to MadVR Video Renderer also.

Meter Support is the difference between that two LightSpace Home Cinema Versions.
sillysally likes this.

post #462 of 472 Old 06-04-2014, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 56
I purchased Ted's disc last week and all I can say is i'm blown away with the huge amount of patterns available, not only to aid calibration but verification too.

I just want to thank Ted for the hard work he has put into this disk making it a Professional aid that I would happily recommend to anyone and it's a bargain price for it's huge content smile.gif

Thanks Ted!
Gordon Fraser and ConnecTEDDD like this.
post #463 of 472 Old 06-22-2014, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Dear disk users,

After confirmation from Zoyd; the developer of current HCFR, the disk is officially compatible with HCFR Open Source Software. This has been discussed here & here.

So this makes the Ted's LightSpace Calibration Disk now compatible with all available calibration solutions below:

HCFR users can use some CalMAN and ChromaPure Chapters from current version of the disk to perform measurements with HCFR.

The available Disk Chapters that are accurate and match the HCFR's Color Engine Calculations are the following:

Note: Uncheck ''use round down levels" that is located to HCFR Preferencies -> General.

Also HCFR 3.1.1 release added CalMAN's ColorChecker SG measurements support; that made my disk the only available calibration disk with that feature, you can confirm that by checking the HCFR's Release Notes here.
zoyd, Iron Mike, prsut and 1 others like this.

post #464 of 472 Old 07-15-2014, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Hi Ted,

I was wondering if the tool mentioned here is ready
post #465 of 472 Old 07-15-2014, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACappo View Post
Hi Ted,

I was wondering if the tool mentioned here is ready

Hi, yes it's ready, just I need to prepare the newsletter to all disk users and the post with the instructions etc.

I will released it tomorrow. It's a free utility, the users of the Full Version of my calibration disk will be able to use all it's automated measurement features (1-11 selections).

The users of the Free (Lite) Version will be able to run the ColorChecker Classic measurement only (9 selection).

I took some ColorChecker SG Automated measurements yesterday with K-10A, it's awesome experience without using any external pattern generator or a IR-Controler...Needs only one to press a key when you will see the first patch info screen to your display.........I left my blu-ray remote/mouse etc.....moved back....and I was watching the color patch change and the CalMAN Charts bars/numbers....
laulau and prsut like this.

post #466 of 472 Old 07-15-2014, 01:11 PM

awsome

I can see you have a fixed pattern time on 2 seconds, is that adjustable? if not can it be changed in the batch file?
post #467 of 472 Old 07-15-2014, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACappo View Post
awsome

I can see you have a fixed pattern time on 2 seconds, is that adjustable? if not can it be changed in the batch file?
It supports 2/6/10 sec per patch, just like the Version 1.1 of my disk which has the required Chapters.
laulau likes this.

Last edited by ConnecTEDDD; 07-15-2014 at 01:18 PM.
post #468 of 472 Old 07-15-2014, 01:17 PM

perfect
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #469 of 472 Old 07-16-2014, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Dear disk users/friends,

I'm announcing some great news for your calibrations that will improve your measurements runs.

Ted’s LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk – Automated Procedure for CalMAN 5 Chapters - Free Feature for All Users with Full Version or Free (Lite) Version of the Disk

As you all know from your experience of using the Version 1.1 of my calibration disk so far, the whole measuring procedure experience for CalMAN users was semi-automated since now.

CalMAN Users of the Version 1.1 of the disk had the option to select a chapter with 2 / 6 / 10 sec of display time for each patch initially, working like a pattern generator, and they only had to let that chapter sequence flow since the patches had the exact same order as CalMAN requested them... without using their Blu-Ray Player/Media Player Remote anymore... just they had to focus their eyes to their display to watch the info screens before each pattern and later to click multiple times from CalMAN the 'Single Measure' Button.

This semi-automated procedure was very helpful, as a lot of users had reported through their feedback, and made their calibration experience easier by using lower times than before by using of their player remotes.

This was bringing the user closer to 'an external pattern generator experience' but without spending a large amount of money to get any expensive external pattern generator.

The good news for all Version 1.1 disk users is that from now on this procedure will be fully automated for CalMAN software users.

There will be no need to click multiple times any buttons with their mouse anymore.

All the disk users of the Full Version of my calibration disk will be able to use all it's automated measurement features of this utility.

The users of the Free (Lite) Version will be able to run the ColorChecker Classic measurement only.

It's a nice and very useful feature to for automated measurements of your display performance without using any external pattern generator or a IR-Controller... Needs only from the user to press a key when he will see the first patch info screen to his display... after that you can leave your blu-ray remote/mouse etc... move back... and watch the color patch change and the CalMAN Charts bars & dE numbers...

How is this possible?

Intro

As you know each CalMAN Chapter starts with a 5 sec chapter info screen and after that there is a 1.5 sec pattern info announcement before each color patch to prepare for which patch you will measure.

This followed by a 0.5 sec of black frame and later you have the option to select 2/6/10 sec of displaying time for each color patch.

Ted’s LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk (Version 1.1) features 3 user options for automatic pattern change: 2 / 6 / 10 sec per each color patch.

To access this you have to dial the Chapter button you see at the Chapter Info Screen using your numpad of your Blu-Ray Player, for example, to go directly to CalMAN's ColorChecker SG 2 sec. per color, you have to press '99'.

Klein Colorimeter users will be able to use 2 sec per color to measure very fast, and users of other meters (i1Display PRO, SpectraCAL's C6, XRite's i1PRO1/2, BasicColor Discus) will had the option of 6 or 10 sec of displaying of each Patch.

Procedure

CalMAN 5 has some keyboard shortcuts for quick meter or slider actions.

For example, the F5 keyboard button takes a single measurement and with the AutoAdvance option enabled from your Source Settings in CalMAN the slider will select the next color automatically after each measurement.

We are using a Batch file that you have to run and initially select what Chapter you want to use.

For example, to select ColorChecker SG (96 Color Patches) you have to input “10” and hit the Enter Button and after you see on your display the first patch.

You have only to press a keyboard key and that Batch file will send all the required timed commands without any other user prompt.

Now you will be able to use long measurement runs like 10-Step Saturation or ColorChecker SG automatically.

Using Ted’s LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk 1.1 you need only select the Chapter you want to measure using your Player Remote and when you see the first patch to your display to press a key from the batch utility.

All the required measurements will be automated.

That Batch file contains a series of DOS commands that do the required tasks for this automated procedure.

We are using the WinSendKeys utility to send the keyboard shortcut commands.

This is the list of the Batch files that are included:

NOTE: Don't rename that 6 Batch files because they will not work later. You can change the folder name or create shortcuts with custom names of you like.

Pre-Automated Procedure Testing

Before using any Automated Batch file you have to measure the Chapter in which you are interested to see which Chapter of 2/6/10 sec. patch display time works without problems with your current display/meter setup.

Try to take the measurements the semi-automated way as you were doing previously.

For example, use the 6 sec per patch chapter to see if any measurement takes more than 6 sec. time to return results.

If this is happening with your current meter settings, it will break the sync of the automated measurements.

Try to reduce the exposure setting and this will reduce the required time your meter will need to read each patch.

For SpectraCAL C6 users It’s recommended to use a fixed exposure time setting and not x Sample setting because low luminance patches will require more time and will break the sequence when you read a Black Patch or generally dark patches like 5/10% Gray or 5/10/15% Luminance etc.

In some cases the C6 will take about 15/20 sec to read black etc.

If you want to skip the black patch reading from the automated measurement procedure, we have created batch files to skip from all available chapters the Black patch measurement in case you want to manually enter your Black level luminance (cd/m2) into CalMAN’s Workflow Advanced Options or in case you take this measurement manually.

X-Rite i1Display PRO (i1d3) / SpectraCAL C6, i1PRO1/2 or Discus meters will be able to use the 6 or 10 sec. per color patch Chapter & Batch file.

Klein users will have no problem using the 2 sec. per color patch Chapter & Batch file.

CalMAN Pre-Automated Procedure Setup

Open CalMAN’s Settings Panel and check that you have enabled the Keyboard Shortcuts.

It’s optimum to set the pattern delay 0, or 0.5 sec.

It has to do with each display and needs some testing to find which delay works better in your setup.

If you will use Ted’s CalMAN’s 5 Verify Calibration Tools Workflow or any other, open the Source Settings Panel and check that the Auto Advance is checked.

Using Virtual Meter you can check if your Keyboard F5 button is taking measurements.

Simply select a color from your CalMAN slider and press F5 to see if it’s measuring and if it is going to the next color slider.

If by pressing F5 nothing happens the automated procedure will not work and you need to re-check your settings.

Start Automated Procedure Batch File

Once you have decided and tested manually which sec. per color chapter you can use with your current display/meter setup settings, locate the Batch files folder and double click to run the batch file or your selection.

When you double click the Batch file for the first time, a Security Warning will pop-up. You can un-tick the radio button if you want this warning to not be displayed in the future.

This is the Batch File Main Screen.

Here you can input your number for the chapter you want to use and press the ‘Enter’ key to continue.

The Batch file will now wait...

Navigate the disk menu or locate the media file... Using your Player Remote, select the Chapter from the CalMAN Session of the disk you want to measure...

Check that you have CalMAN Window Opened on your desktop and it’s not minimized on your taskbar.

Select from the CalMAN Slider the color patch that the Batch file is asking for before continuing.

After selecting the required Chapter from Ted’s LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk -> From CalMAN Session, you will see the initial Chapter Info Screen... after that screen when you will see the first color patch info screen to your display press a key from your keyboard... and let it flow...

After the end of the measurements, the Batch file it will return to it's main menu for you to select a new measurement if you like.

If you do all the steps correctly and the automated procedure measurements hasn’t started, re-run the Batch file and by right clicking select ‘Run as administrator’ command.

Download Instructions

All Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk users of Full Version or Free (Lite Version) will get by email all the above instructions and the Download Link of the Batch Files to their e-mail address.

We have tested these Batch Files using Klein K-10A, i1Display PRO, iPRO1/2 meters without any problem. Just remember that if the semi/automated procedure works for you, then the Fully Automated will work also. Try first to find which one of 2/6/10 sec. per color patch Chapter works to your setup and later move to that Batch Files Automated measurement way.

These Batch files are using MS-DOS commands and they have tested and work to Windows XP, 7, 8 by us so far.

If you have any question of problem, please contact me.

Special thanks for the work behind of these Batch files to Riccardo Biasiotto; a good friend/disk user/calibration enthusiast from Italy for writing the required code.
laulau, prsut, Manni01 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by ConnecTEDDD; 07-16-2014 at 09:00 AM.
post #470 of 472 Old 07-16-2014, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

CalMAN Chapters with 2 sec. per Patch for 11/21-Point Grayscale, 4/5/10-Point Saturation, 4/5/10-Point Luminance, ColorChecker Classic/SG/SG Fleshtones using Klein K-10A with CalMAN & 5 Samples @ meter settings works flawless, with zero delay before patch read. (It has delay of about 0.5 sec)

Last edited by ConnecTEDDD; 07-17-2014 at 06:05 AM.
post #471 of 472 Old 07-21-2014, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Just to say that I've tested Ted's new batch files and the mkv files of the V1.1 of his disc with Calman to verify my MadVR calibration, and after a bit of testing/fine-tuning I'm happy to report that the newly updated V1.1 work great! (make sure you use these if you have a 64bits OS)

I had to select the 10secs patches to make sure that my measurements were reliable with my Discus trained to my i1pro2 (6secs would work but I could see the measurements were slightly off). Completely automatic Colorchecker SG, which is great if you don't have a source with automatic patterns or if you need to verify a calibration which isn't applied to external sources for automatic patterns (like MadVR in my case, which I can't verify using the Radiance patterns or PC Client 3 as the calibration isn't applied to these).

Ted's disk was already an excellent tool, but with this it becomes even more useful.

Thanks Ted (and all that made this possible)!

PS: please commercial calibration software publishers, take example on ArgyllCMS/DispcalGUI and support MadTPG as a source for patterns, this would make our lives much easier!
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

Last edited by Manni01; 07-21-2014 at 03:08 PM.
post #472 of 472 Old 07-23-2014, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post
Just to say that I've tested Ted's new batch files and the mkv files of the V1.1 of his disc with Calman to verify my MadVR calibration, and after a bit of testing/fine-tuning I'm happy to report that the newly updated V1.1 work great! (make sure you use these if you have a 64bits OS)

I had to select the 10secs patches to make sure that my measurements were reliable with my Discus trained to my i1pro2 (6secs would work but I could see the measurements were slightly off). Completely automatic Colorchecker SG, which is great if you don't have a source with automatic patterns or if you need to verify a calibration which isn't applied to external sources for automatic patterns (like MadVR in my case, which I can't verify using the Radiance patterns or PC Client 3 as the calibration isn't applied to these).

Ted's disk was already an excellent tool, but with this it becomes even more useful.

Thanks Ted (and all that made this possible)!

PS: please commercial calibration software publishers, take example on ArgyllCMS/DispcalGUI and support MadTPG as a source for patterns, this would make our lives much easier!
Thanks Manni for the feedback and for the time you spend for testing it.

I have send the Batch Files version 1.1 to all users (Free Version + Full Version) of my disk already via e-mail.

I'm waiting the feedback from other users also that will try it once they will have some free time.
Manni01 likes this.

Reply Display Calibration

Tags
Pioneer Elite Kuro Pro 1150hd 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page