Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk - Page 18 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #511 of 519 Old 10-29-2014, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 520

CalMAN Color Comparator Comparisons 1.0.1 Workflow for Ted's Lightspace CMS Calibration Disk Users had been released.

I have just send to all Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk users a new version of CalMAN 5 Color Comparator Comparisons Workflow.

Changes

Fixed a scaling problem of Pre-Calibration Comparator dE numbers datagrid of Grayscale & ColorChecker SG Skintones Comparator Comparisons layout pages where the dE numbers where not displayed correctly only in case where the display performance has dE numbers above 9.99dE.

The contrast ratio data field is now wider to be able to display without problems large contrast ratio numbers.

Notes

The Color Comparator Comparisons Workflow has created to be used mainly for field calibrators/DIYer's to showcase their pre/post calibration results to customers/people with limited calibration experience.

Pre/Post-Calibration dE numbers & CIE Charts are not 'customer friendly' and it's difficult from them to to understand what is really happening by looking at them.

Color Comparator Pre-Post Calibration Comparisons color screens it's a great tool for easier visual notice of the differences using the 8-bit RGB Triplet color differences.

Example of Use

Bellow you can find some pre-post calibration screenshots by using Color Comparator Workflow in action.

The display used for that example was a Samsung 60H7000 using the available internal display controls.

All the required patterns for pre-calibration - post evaluation and measurements came from Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk.

All the measurement patterns were generated from the disk, using CalMAN's Automated Measurement Utility 1.3. which automatically displays (per 2 seconds) and measures each color patch without user prompt. I used a Klein K-10A profiled from JETI 1211.

I used 75% Saturation with 100% Stimulus patterns for CMS calibration.

Pre-Calibration Reports shows performance of Samsung 60H7000 @ Natural mode, since it has the only mode that was used from the user of this display since now.

Post-Calibration report shows the performance of ISF-Night calibrated memory.

11-Point GrayScale (Pre-Calibration)

11-Point GrayScale (Post-Calibration)

4-Step Saturation (Pre-Calibration)

4-Step Saturation (Post-Calibration)

ColorChecker Classic (Pre-Calibration)

ColorChecker Classic (Post-Calibration)

ColorChecker SG Fleshtones (Pre-Calibration)

ColorChecker SG Fleshtones (Post-Calibration)

...and now the Color Comparator Comparisons Screens ...how dE patch color differences are visible or not using CalMAN's Comparator feature:

11-Point Grayscale Color Comparator Comparison of Pre/Post Calibration

4-Step Saturation Color Comparator Comparison of Pre/Post Calibration

ColorChecker Classic Color Comparator Comparison of Pre/Post Calibration

ColorChecker SG Fleshtones Color Comparator Comparison of Pre/Post Calibration

prsut likes this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 519 Old 10-31-2014, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Hi, with the current version of Batch Files, no, it's not compatible with this Color Comparator Comparisons Workflow.

There is a new version of Batch Files (v1.3) that adds support for this workflow measurements.

Here is a screenshot:

The new version of Batch Files v1.3, It will be emailed to all disk users at the end of this week.

Basically the Color Comparator workflow works with custom color sets that I created based to exact RGB Triplets of my disk for Saturation and Luminance, so I'm not using the Saturation or Luminance Sliders of CalMAN.

This means that every selection you may change to CalMAN settings, it will not interact to these pages because they are ColorChecker Custom Sets.

That Color Comparator Workflow has been configured to work without any required user change of any CalMAN setting.

For Saturation Runs or 4/5-Step (75%/100% Stimulus Level), there is no Black measurement to these workflow pages, so by using the Automated CalMAN Measuring Procedure (for more instructions look the Measurement Solutions webpage for picture examples) you will have to skip the Black measurement and start from 100% White.

There instructions when you will run the Batch file, here is an example for 4-Step Saturation by using Color Comparator Comparisons Workflow:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post

Batch Files Version 1.3 for CalMAN 5 Automated Measurements has been released today.

Version 1.3 adds support for the required measurements using the CalMAN 5 Color Comparator Comparisons Workflow for Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration for Disk Users.

These are the new Automated Measurement options:

4-Point Saturation (for Color Comparator Comparisons Workflow)
5-Point Saturation (for Color Comparator Comparisons Workflow)
4-Point Luminance (for Color Comparator Comparisons Workflow)
5-Point Luminance (for Color Comparator Comparisons Workflow)

For ColorChecker Classic / SG / SG Fleshtones measurements, you can use the 13,14,15 selections for Color Comparator Comparisons or Verify Calibration Tools Workflow also.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk users have automatically received the email with download link and instructions before some minutes.
was the early link you gave me to v1.3 the same as the latter release?
post #513 of 519 Old 10-31-2014, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post
was the early link you gave me to v1.3 the same as the latter release?
Yes, it was the same version.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
post #514 of 519 Old 11-03-2014, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 49
ConnecTEDDD >>> I just ordered a X-Rite i1 Display Pro which i want to use to calibrate my Runco LED front projector and i wonder how your blu-ray disc would work paired with the i1 Display Pro.

I am a novice and want to start slowly on how to use a colorimeter for calibration and although i have a pretty good idea of what CMS, gray-scale tracking and gamma curves are i don't want to get any video testing equipment/procedure that would be too time consuming and difficult to interpret.

If i get the disk and play it on my Oppo 103 blu-ray player to show test pattern onscreen while the i1 Display Pro is connected to my desktop via USB cable, how do i proceed from there ? Play around with the adjustment controls for CMS, gray-scale and gamma on my projector while checking the results on my computer's screen opened to the i1 Display Pro program ? If i go over or under any optimum parameter with the adjustment controls of my projector would the mistake be pointed out onscreen by the program, at which point i would then re-adjust the appropriate control until the mistake is corrected ?

You mentioned several times the importance of doing calibration based on source input; However, to calibrate any source with the blu-ray disk obviously you need it to have a blu-ray player and so if my computer does not have one the disk would be of no use in such circumstance; I imagine that in such case the user would have to pay another charge to download the same software, so why not offer both for a discount ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks >>> Marcos
post #515 of 519 Old 11-04-2014, 02:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaugusto View Post
ConnecTEDDD >>> I just ordered a X-Rite i1 Display Pro which i want to use to calibrate my Runco LED front projector and i wonder how your blu-ray disc would work paired with the i1 Display Pro.
Hi Marcos, very good choice for a colorimeter.

Quote:
I am a novice and want to start slowly on how to use a colorimeter for calibration and although i have a pretty good idea of what CMS, gray-scale tracking and gamma curves are i don't want to get any video testing equipment/procedure that would be too time consuming and difficult to interpret.
You will need to spend some hours initially to find out how things work.

Quote:
If i get the disk and play it on my Oppo 103 blu-ray player to show test pattern onscreen while the i1 Display Pro is connected to my desktop via USB cable, how do i proceed from there?
You will need a calibration software other from that is coming with your i1display pro meter (i1profiler).

There 3 software solutions to use for calibration by using the available internal contols of a display. HCFR (Open Source), CalMAN, ChromaPure.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk supports all the above software solutions and features the required chapters to be able to run any supported measurement type.

There Manual, Semi-Manual or Automated (for CalMAN only) measurement ways, these measurement solution are described here.

You can download the free (open source) HCFR software and start learning how it works as a first step.

Quote:
Play around with the adjustment controls for CMS, gray-scale and gamma on my projector while checking the results on my computer's screen opened to the i1 Display Pro program ? If i go over or under any optimum parameter with the adjustment controls of my projector would the mistake be pointed out onscreen by the program, at which point i would then re-adjust the appropriate control until the mistake is corrected?
HCFR will populate the Grayscale/Gamma/Gamut Charts, dE reports for your measurements; to be able to do the required changes to your projector calibration controls to fix the inaccuracies.

Quote:
You mentioned several times the importance of doing calibration based on source input; However, to calibrate any source with the blu-ray disk obviously you need it to have a blu-ray player and so if my computer does not have one the disk would be of no use in such circumstance; I imagine that in such case the user would have to pay another charge to download the same software, so why not offer both for a discount?
There currently 3 available version formats of Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk:

Blu-Ray Disk Copy: Worldwide delivery of a Blu-Ray Disk Copy (BD-25GB Single Layer Disk) using First Class Priority International Mail to any destination.

Blu-Ray ISO Digital Download Link: Personal Download Link for the Blu-Ray ISO File via e-mail. The user can burn the ISO File with a PC Blu-Ray Recorder using a Blank BD-25GB Single Layer Disk or playback the ISO File from a Stand-Alone Media Player / PC Software Player that supports Full Blu-Ray Menu.

Media Files Digital Download Link: Personal Download Link for the Media Files via e-mail. All chapters of the Blu-Ray Release are included in MP4+MKV files for a wide device playback support from Stand-Alone Media Players, PC/MAC Software Players, Satellite Tuners, Digital TV Receivers, Video Game Consoles (for movie playback from USB), Tablets/SmartPhones, TV's USB Movie Mode or Stand-Alone Media Players / PC Software Players that don't support playback of Blu-Ray ISO Files with Full-Menus.

You can use the Blu-Ray Copy for your OPPO and the Media Files or Blu-Ray ISO (in case that you will use a software player that support Full Blu-Ray Menus).

There discount anytime you want to move from one version to another, these upgrade options can be found to the Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Upgrade Order For Disk Owners Only webpage.

For example if someone has the Blu-Ray Copy and want to move to Media Files, from the drop down menu "Please select the disk version upgrade you want to purchase and select which disk version you own:" you have to select ''Upgrade to Media Files Digital Download Link 1.1 (I own Blu-Ray Disk Copy 1.x)''.

Last edited by ConnecTEDDD; 11-04-2014 at 07:23 AM.
post #516 of 519 Old 11-04-2014, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Thanks ConecTEDDD for your help answering all my queries.
I will be ordering the blu-ray calibration disc very soon.
post #517 of 519 Old 11-24-2014, 02:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Ted, thanks for the useful color comparator workflow, came in very handy after getting a new i1pro2.

"Thumbs up"
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #518 of 519 Old 11-26-2014, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hitman- View Post
Ted, thanks for the useful color comparator workflow, came in very handy after getting a new i1pro2.

"Thumbs up"
Thanks. I will update the other 2 workflows (Pre-Calibration Tools / Verify Calibration Tools) probably next week.

post #519 of 519 Old Today, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

CalMAN 5 Pre-Calibration Tools 1.1.2 Workflow for Ted's Lightspace CMS Calibration Disk Users has just released.

I have just send to all Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk users a new version of CalMAN 5 Pre-Calibration Tools 1.1.2 Workflow.

This is a free workflow update for Blu-Ray Disk Copy, Blu-Ray ISO Digital Download or Media Files Digital Download users.

Notes

This version adds some info's to layout pages for better display overview for more simple to use calibration time.

Added separate layout pages for Color Gamut Calibration 100% SAT / 100% STIM, 100% SAT / 75% STIM, 75% SAT / 75% STIM, so now it's quick to change and overview the differences very fast by calibrating different Saturation/Stimulus Levels. It doesn't require any change of CalMAN Settings anymore.

As you know, when you want to perform Color Gamut Calibration with 75% Saturation, you have to change the Slider manually to see each color, there 7 selectable sliders for this. I have added all Saturation Colors in one Slider and you can now select any color of interest very quick. This saves some time.

Added Color Checker Classic Layout page, that is helpful to find and select the most accurate initial display mode to start with. Here you can change that Layout Page to ColorCheck SkinTones via CalMAN's Settings for tweaking the Samsung's Skin Tone Setting.

Changes

Meter Profiling Check Layout Page: Added a datatable with xyY values for WRGB for the Reference / Profiled meter in case that the user want to copy the values and used them to 3rd party software solutions, like ChromaPure, LightSpace, Klein ChromaSurf; to measure with CalMAN and later create a meter correction table with these values using other software; to use the same table everywhere. It's helpful for those who want to create meter correction table for Klein, to quick copy-paste the values of the Reference Meter and paste them to Klein's ChromaSurf. You can copy any x,y,Y number using right mouse click & copy.

x-Point Grayscale + Gamut Layout Page: Added info for Black Level Luminance, added Grayscale's Red/Green/Blue Color Channel Balance (Average) info, added selector for quick change of Grayscale Points that the user want to measure; to quick change from 11 to 21 Point Grayscale very quick without touching the CalMAN's Settings.

x-Point Saturation Layout Page: Added selector for quick change of Saturation Points that the user want to measure; to quick change from 4 to 5 or 10 Point Saturation very quick without touching the CalMAN's Settings.

x-Point RGB Balance Layout Pages: Added button for Read Continuous and Meter Stop, for users that want to perform quick/continuous 2/3/4-Point RGB Balance for displays with DDC or while they are changing values from the OSD menu, for displays where the OSD menu appearance is not affecting calibration measurements.

11/21-Point Grayscale Layout Page: Added info for Black Level Luminance, added Grayscale's Red/Green/Blue Color Channel Balance (Average) info, added selector for quick change of Grayscale Points that the user want to measure; to quick change from 11 to 21 Point Grayscale very quick without touching the CalMAN's Settings.

Reply Display Calibration

Tags
Pioneer Elite Kuro Pro 1150hd 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - 1150hd by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page