Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk - Page 19 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #541 of 557 Old 04-01-2015, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Why would clipping well past digital 235 affect profiling at 100% stim? Those patterns go well past 235 but clipping above 235 should not affect 100% patches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 557 Old 04-01-2015, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post
Why would clipping well past digital 235 affect profiling at 100% stim? Those patterns go well past 235 but clipping above 235 should not affect 100% patches.
Hi, It has to check for clipping @ 235 and to steps before 235 level, but up to 237 will be safer.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #543 of 557 Old 04-01-2015, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post

From my testing with JETI/i1PRO/i1PRO2, this time is enough, but when the time is not enough, you can count 9 sec. when you see each patch and press pause....and un-pause when you got the reading.

Also you can pause when you see each patch, un-pause when it's measured and use 'next chapter button' of your player to display you the next patch.

For example with JETI 1211 using it from JETI's LiVal softwre, once I have scanned for panel's refreshing rate using a White patch, I can take about 10 readings for each color in 10 seconds time, and LiVal will display the average. (with 100% Amplitude Patterns)

Thanks for explaining, Ted. I'll check those clipping patterns before profiling at 100% Amp next time. Good to know I can pause playback without harming the reading.

Is scanning for the panel's refreshing rate the same thing as sync detection which is also done with a white patch?
post #544 of 557 Old 04-01-2015, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres2play View Post
Is scanning for the panel's refreshing rate the same thing as sync detection which is also done with a white patch?
Hi, Yes, It's the same thing.
transendance likes this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
post #545 of 557 Old 04-02-2015, 12:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Can the sync rate affect the reading speed of the meter? Sounds like the sync rate must match the display precisely.

Edit: just opened the Colorimeter Utility application and found the CR250 has a Slow, Normal, Fast and Two Times Faster mode.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CR250 sync features.PNG
Views:	343
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	641833  

Last edited by Pres2play; 04-02-2015 at 01:00 AM.
post #546 of 557 Old 04-02-2015, 12:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres2play View Post
Can the sync rate affect the reading speed of the meter? Sounds like the sync rate must match the display precisely.
I don't know about your CR-250, but if it's syncing every time before meter read, it will need more time to measure. If it has initial syncing and later it's only measuring it will have less time.

Without sync probably it will take more time to read without so good repeatability.

post #547 of 557 Old 04-02-2015, 01:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks, Ted. I'll give the 2x faster mode a try this weekend.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2X faster.PNG
Views:	343
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	641857  

Last edited by Pres2play; 04-02-2015 at 01:16 AM.
post #548 of 557 Old 04-02-2015, 03:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

DVDO's AVLab TPG 4K Reference Pattern Generator with firmware 01.03.769 has added a very useful feature that is called 'Color Checker'. Using that feature it can provide real-time analysis of digital value for selected pixel from it's HDMI Input.

Here is an example, the 8dr means "8 bit, decimal, RGB" then the values are the RGB values of the pixel that the cursor is pointing to.

Professional & Enthusiast calibrators has find this feature very valuable, to check the accuracy of any player output, testing various colorspace output options etc. using Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk as a reference to detect digital errors that wrong player settings can introduce.

To help them out checking some patterns of my calibration disk, I will start by giving out the 8bit RGB Triplets of some Color Reproductions Patterns to help them reduce the time it will be required for this test.

I will start with the RGB Triplets of the Advanced Black & White Flashing Bars Pattern, others will follow soon.

Here is a small preview of the Advanced Black & White Flashing Bars Pattern with RGB Triplets per color:

Here is a zoomed version:

Because the RGB Triplets are looking very small in a 1920x1080 picture, I have re-designed it at 3840x2160 resolution, you can download it from here: Advanced Black & White Flashing Bars Pattern (2160p)

The issue I has thinking about was how to accurately calculate the dE between two RGB Triplet values, to evaluate any digital error.

I asked from Tom Huffman to help me about this (the creator of ChromaPure Calibration Software) and Tom some hours later came with a Tool that you can download it for free, for dE Analysis.

It's the ''Combination Color Format Converter and ΔE Analysis'' Excel Spreadsheet and you can download it from here.

Thanks Tom for your time providing this free tool so quickly after my request for help, while I know that you are so busy to finish ChromaPure 3.0. Thanks.

Last edited by ConnecTEDDD; 04-02-2015 at 03:21 AM.
post #549 of 557 Old 04-12-2015, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Dear disk users,

HCFR 3.2.0 (free open source calibration software) has been released and it's adding a lot of extra measurement options for Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk users. For full HCFR release notes look here.

Using HCFR 3.2.0 with Ted’s LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk you will be able to measure now all the CalMAN Session of the disk Chapters, here is the complete list of the supported chapters:

For Ted’s LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk (Free Version) users:

CalMAN’s Color Checker Classic (24 Colors)

For Ted’s LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk (Full Version) users:

ChromaPure's 2/3-Point Grayscale
ChromaPure's 11/21-Point Grayscale
ChromaPure's Color Gamut (100% Saturation w/ 100% or 75% Intensity, 75% Saturation w/ 100% or 75% Intensity)
ChromaPure's 4-Point Saturation with 100% or 75% Intensity (25 Colors)
CalMAN's 4-Point Saturation with 100% or 75% Stimulus Level (25 Colors)
CalMAN's 5-Point Saturation with 100% or 75% Stimulus Level (31 Colors)
CalMAN's 10-Point Saturation with 100% or 75% Stimulus Level (61 Colors)
CalMAN's 4-Point Luminance (28 Colors)
CalMAN's 5-Point Luminance (35 Colors)
CalMAN's 10-Point Luminance (70 Colors)
6-Point Near Black (added support for 0.5% Gray patch measurement)
Dynamic Range Clipping (90/95/98/99%/100%)
CalMAN’s Color Checker Classic (24 Colors)
CalMAN’s Color Checker SG (96 Colors)
CalMAN’s Color Checker SG Fleshtones (19 Colors)
ChromaPure’s Color Checker (25 Colors)
ChromaPure’s Color Checker Skin Tones (19 Colors)

HCFR 3.2.0 follows the same pattern order with Ted’s LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Chapters for any of the above measurement options and the HCFR’s 8-bit RGB Triplets for each pattern are matching exactly the RGB Triplets that the Ted’s LightSpace CMS Calibration disk has been encoded.

Below you can find the updated list of the total CalMAN and ChromaPure Chapters that any HCFR user can use to take measurements. These Disk Chapters are accurate and match the HCFR's Color Engine Calculations:

Instructions for x-Point Grayscale ChromaPure's Chapters Measurements

Uncheck ''use round down levels" that is located to HCFR ''Preferences'' -> ''General'' Tab. This is affecting only Grayscale measurements.

Instructions for Color Checker Chapters Measurements

Before starting the measurements you have to select from HCFR's Preferences -> ''References'' Tab -> ''Color Checker Patterns'' drop down menu list the selection of the measurement run you want to perform.

Select ''GCD'' if you want to measure using ChromaPure’s Color Checker Chapter.

Select ''ChromaPure skin tones'' if you want to measure using ChromaPure’s Color Checker Skin Tones Chapter.

Select ''CalMAN Classic'' if you want to measure using CalMAN’s Color Checker Classic Chapter.

Select ''CalMAN SG'' if you want to measure using CalMAN’s Color Checker SG Chapter.

Select ''CalMAN SG skin tones'' if you want to measure using CalMAN’s Color Checker SG Flesh Tones Chapter.

Instructions for CalMAN's x-Point Saturation/Luminance Chapters Measurements

To enable these measurements the users have to download the usercolors_pak.zip of HCFR.

By extracting the files of the HCFR's usercolor_pak, below are the Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Pattern Sequences of the CalMAN's Session you can use with HCFR 3.2.0:

CM 4-Point Saturation (100AMP).cvs file for CalMAN's 4-Point Saturation (100% Stimulus Level) Chapter.

CM 4-Point Saturation (75AMP).cvs file for CalMAN's 4-Point Saturation (75% Stimulus Level) Chapter.

CM 5-Point Saturation (100AMP).cvs file for CalMAN's 5-Point Saturation (100% Stimulus Level) Chapter.

CM 5-Point Saturation (75AMP).cvs file for CalMAN's 5-Point Saturation (75% Stimulus Level) Chapter.

CM 10-Point Saturation (100AMP).cvs file for CalMAN's 10-Point Saturation (100% Stimulus Level) Chapter.

CM 10-Point Saturation (75AMP).cvs file for CalMAN's 10-Point Saturation (75% Stimulus Level) Chapter.

CM 6-Point Near Black.cvs file for CalMAN's 6-Point Near Black Chapter.

CM Dynamic Range (Clipping).cvs file for CalMAN's Dynamic Range (Clipping) Chapter.

CM 4-Point Luminance.cvs file for CalMAN's 4-Point Luminance Chapter.

CM 5-Point Luminance.cvs file for CalMAN's 5-Point Luminance Chapter.

CM 10-Point Luminance.cvs file for CalMAN's 10-Point Luminance Chapter.

Note: The pattern sequence of CalMAN's 10-Point Luminance is identical to the Color Checker Selection ''RGB Luminance Axis'', so it can be selected from the drop-down menu available @ HCFR's Preferences -> ''References'' Tab.

These new measurement selections currently are now available to the HCFR's Color Checker Pattern drop down menu. To enable any of the measurement option the user has to rename the CMxxxxxxx.cvs measurement file want to perform to usercolors.csv and place it to the same folder where the HCFR has installed (where the HCFR's executable is located), and select from the HCFR's Color Checker Pattern list the ''User defined'' option.

This can be performed while the HCFR is running, for example to do one measurement run; and then replace the CVS file to load the new colors set... and hit the delete icon next to the grid.

For being more user friendly, If there much interest from the HCFR users that using Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration disk; then these measurement options will be probably selectable from the Color Checker's drop down list in a future release of HCFR. You can request this from Zoyd, the current developer of HCFR to this thread.

Note that there differences between the RGB Targets of CalMAN vs. ChromaPure ColorChecker & Skintones or Saturation patterns.

Thanks Zoyd (current developer of HCFR) for adding these new measurement options for Ted's LightSpace CMS users of HCFR.
xvfx and W3Rman like this.

post #550 of 557 Old 04-13-2015, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I cant seem to get my Sony BDP-6200 to read the Ted's Lightspace calibration disc. My player reads the AVS disc fine, but not Ted's.
post #551 of 557 Old 04-14-2015, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hi. Update on my problem. It was my fault. I burned to DVD disc instead of Blu-ray disc. It is now working for me.

Can anyone point me to a basic guide to use the disc, with free version of Lightspace and HCFR?
post #552 of 557 Old 04-14-2015, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron_H View Post
Hi. Update on my problem. It was my fault. I burned to DVD disc instead of Blu-ray disc. It is now working for me.

Can anyone point me to a basic guide to use the disc, with free version of Lightspace and HCFR?
Hi, I'm glad that we solved your playback issue. (via email support)

The Free Version of the disk can be used by LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR to check the display performance by taking measurements. By taking these measurements you quickly check if your display need to be calibrated or if it has drifted from your last calibration you have performed. It can't be used to fully calibrate the display.

To find out how the Disk Sync's with LightSpace, I have posted instructions here.

About measuring the CalMAN’s Color Checker Classic Chapter from HCFR, before starting the measurements you have to select from HCFR's Preferences -> ''References'' Tab -> from the ''Color Checker Patterns'' drop down menu list to select ‘’CalMAN Classic’’ if you want to measure using CalMAN’s Color Checker Classic Chapter.

post #553 of 557 Old 04-24-2015, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

HDTVtest.co.uk UK's leading HDTV news & review website has start using Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk as a reference to analyze any Blu-Ray HDMI Output signal for digital errors @ bit level using DVDO’s AVLab TPG Signal Generator.

Tom Huffman (the creator of ChromaPure Calibration Software) has updated his Free dE Analysis Tool and can now calculate dE differences between 2 YCbCr values. This is very useful for DVDO’s AVLab TPG Signal Generator that are using the ColorChecker Function.

You can download the Free ''Combination Color Format Converter and ΔE Analysis'' Excel Spreadsheet from here.

Thanks Tom for that update.

post #554 of 557 Old 04-24-2015, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
[IMG]

You can download the Free ''Combination Color Format Converter and ΔE Analysis'' Excel Spreadsheet from here.

Thanks Tom for that update.
Done...., thanks Tom for the conversion tool and thanks Ted for the heads up!

Oh, and DVDO is sending me a new Remote TeDDD

ConnecTEDDD likes this.

"I want it louder,.. more power,.. I'm gonna rock ya till it strikes the hour!"
post #555 of 557 Old 04-27-2015, 02:00 PM
Pat

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hi !

I just performed my first calibration with an eeColor Box using both LightSpace and Ted's Disk... WOW it's really COOOOOL !!!

I couldn’t expect this result !!
So easy and so fast : 1H and half for a 10-Point Cube (1.000 color patches!).
I’m very impressed by how Ted’s Disk syncs with LightSpace : so Powerful !!!

I really love that way to go straight to the essential and calibrating the whole video chain becomes so obvious !

Well, now, i want more : thinking of performing a 17-Point Cube : 4.913 patches of color !!!!!!!
Thanks Ted for the FUN )))))))
post #556 of 557 Old Today, 09:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
For being more user friendly, If there much interest from the HCFR users that using Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration disk; then these measurement options will be probably selectable from the Color Checker's drop down list in a future release of HCFR. You can request this from Zoyd, the current developer of HCFR to this thread.

Note that there differences between the RGB Targets of CalMAN vs. ChromaPure ColorChecker & Skintones or Saturation patterns.

Thanks Zoyd (current developer of HCFR) for adding these new measurement options for Ted's LightSpace CMS users of HCFR.
This is great. I love the way how I can sweep through all in one go now. More so the 5 point saturation points.
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #557 of 557 Unread Today, 11:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Still enjoying your calibration disk Ted.

Used it just the other day to verify color clipping.

Tools: Calman 5, Chromapure, VideoForge HDMI II, Klein K10A, eecolor colorbox.
Displays: Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Pioneer 51, Tivo Roamio and Mini, Dish VIP722.
Audio: Marantz AV8801, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP
Reply Display Calibration

Tags
Pioneer Elite Kuro Pro 1150hd 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - 1150hd by PriceGrabber.com