Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk - Page 21 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 114Likes

Old 01-18-2016, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1026
Appreciate all your info Ted, it will definitely come in handy since I just purchased your full version disc -Thanks
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2016, 03:05 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 5
My review of Ted's disk and Ted's support:

1. Ted's Disk: Wow, what a fantastic and easy to use disk, especially for LS 3D LUT calibration! It is the perfect companion for any 3D LUT calibration. Despite it being a disk-based 3D LUT calibration (hence not closed loop patch lookup like that when using a software pattern generator), it was very fast with LS CMS, producing 17^3 point LUT data in approx 4 hours using the i1D3 Rev B meter. For those who don't believe that some Blu Ray players can substantially skew color reproduction 3D LUT corrections, let me tell you that Ted and I discovered this with the PS3 and it was surprisingly noticeable (we were in denial at first given the performance reputation of the PS3 using the recommended settings, but the data spoke for itself. The details are a subject of another post in another thread). This would not have been obvious if we had used a pattern generator in place of the Blu Ray player. This eye-opening experience taught me to always include the player in the signal chain when performing any calibration. The menus are fast and easy to navigate and have a logic to them, along with smooth and predictable workflow. I have many other "calibration" disks and Ted's has now become the first one I use for all my video calibration needs.

2. Ted: Ted was incredibly helpful in getting me from near zero to hero in calibrating my Pro-111FD panel, driven by a PS3 with a eeColor Box in between. I learned so much and he helped me cut through tons of posts across AVS and ControCal forums to get to device-specific and best-practice methods. Despite it being during the Holidays, he responded to my emails within hours. As he is well-known in this forum, I don't have to elaborate much further. He also encouraged pushing the limits of calibration, where "average" was not good enough (he scrutinized the post-calibration verification data) and to do that remotely across different time-zones was amazing. I now have a fantastically calibrated system that few professional calibrators can improve upon.

KJ
Old 01-22-2016, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by alali View Post
My review of Ted's disk and Ted's support:

2. Ted: Ted was incredibly helpful in getting me from near zero to hero in calibrating my Pro-111FD panel, driven by a PS3 with a eeColor Box in between. I learned so much and he helped me cut through tons of posts across AVS and ControCal forums to get to device-specific and best-practice methods. Despite it being during the Holidays, he responded to my emails within hours. As he is well-known in this forum, I don't have to elaborate much further. He also encouraged pushing the limits of calibration, where "average" was not good enough (he scrutinized the post-calibration verification data) and to do that remotely across different time-zones was amazing. I now have a fantastically calibrated system that few professional calibrators can improve upon.

KJ
^ +

In reading this I actually got a heavy feeling in my chest and eyes (emotionally touched) while also contemplating all of the time "months" of email correspondence Ted provided to me, teaching and instructing me about calibration best practices, advantages/disadvantages of different processes and methods, calibration software/hardware, meters, etc... His patience and genuine concern provided at all hours of the day and night.

Truly the most Valuable thing I now posses is what I obtained from the time Ted spent with me.

#1 Calibration Disk / Best Support: Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk
#1 Calibration Software / Best Support: LightSpace CMS - Calibration Comparison
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Pioneer Elite Kuro Pro 1150hd 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread