Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk - Page 21 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 125Likes

post #601 of 638 Old 01-18-2016, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1066
Appreciate all your info Ted, it will definitely come in handy since I just purchased your full version disc -Thanks
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 638 Old 01-22-2016, 02:05 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 6
My review of Ted's disk and Ted's support:

1. Ted's Disk: Wow, what a fantastic and easy to use disk, especially for LS 3D LUT calibration! It is the perfect companion for any 3D LUT calibration. Despite it being a disk-based 3D LUT calibration (hence not closed loop patch lookup like that when using a software pattern generator), it was very fast with LS CMS, producing 17^3 point LUT data in approx 4 hours using the i1D3 Rev B meter. For those who don't believe that some Blu Ray players can substantially skew color reproduction 3D LUT corrections, let me tell you that Ted and I discovered this with the PS3 and it was surprisingly noticeable (we were in denial at first given the performance reputation of the PS3 using the recommended settings, but the data spoke for itself. The details are a subject of another post in another thread). This would not have been obvious if we had used a pattern generator in place of the Blu Ray player. This eye-opening experience taught me to always include the player in the signal chain when performing any calibration. The menus are fast and easy to navigate and have a logic to them, along with smooth and predictable workflow. I have many other "calibration" disks and Ted's has now become the first one I use for all my video calibration needs.

2. Ted: Ted was incredibly helpful in getting me from near zero to hero in calibrating my Pro-111FD panel, driven by a PS3 with a eeColor Box in between. I learned so much and he helped me cut through tons of posts across AVS and ControCal forums to get to device-specific and best-practice methods. Despite it being during the Holidays, he responded to my emails within hours. As he is well-known in this forum, I don't have to elaborate much further. He also encouraged pushing the limits of calibration, where "average" was not good enough (he scrutinized the post-calibration verification data) and to do that remotely across different time-zones was amazing. I now have a fantastically calibrated system that few professional calibrators can improve upon.

KJ
post #603 of 638 Old 01-22-2016, 09:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by alali View Post
My review of Ted's disk and Ted's support:

2. Ted: Ted was incredibly helpful in getting me from near zero to hero in calibrating my Pro-111FD panel, driven by a PS3 with a eeColor Box in between. I learned so much and he helped me cut through tons of posts across AVS and ControCal forums to get to device-specific and best-practice methods. Despite it being during the Holidays, he responded to my emails within hours. As he is well-known in this forum, I don't have to elaborate much further. He also encouraged pushing the limits of calibration, where "average" was not good enough (he scrutinized the post-calibration verification data) and to do that remotely across different time-zones was amazing. I now have a fantastically calibrated system that few professional calibrators can improve upon.

KJ
^ +

In reading this I actually got a heavy feeling in my chest and eyes (emotionally touched) while also contemplating all of the time "months" of email correspondence Ted provided to me, teaching and instructing me about calibration best practices, advantages/disadvantages of different processes and methods, calibration software/hardware, meters, etc... His patience and genuine concern provided at all hours of the day and night.

Truly the most Valuable thing I now posses is what I obtained from the time Ted spent with me.

#1 Calibration Disk / Best Support: Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk
#1 Calibration Software / Best Support: LightSpace CMS - Calibration Comparison
post #604 of 638 Old 02-21-2016, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I just got a Samsung K8500 UHD player. I'm getting some funky operations when using this disc. There are several locations where it will jump to the middle of 6 second run instead of starting in the 10 sec run. Calman 11 point gray scale, will show the main screen then jumps to chapters in the 20s. I cannot get to go to chapter 1, even if I use the back chapter it just jumps back to the 20s. the disc works flawlessly in my Oppo 93.

Anybody else having issues with the K8500?

Sony 75x850c / UBD-K8500
Denon 4311ci / M&K 150 series
post #605 of 638 Old 02-25-2016, 05:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Liked: 1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by drparker151 View Post
I just got a Samsung K8500 UHD player. I'm getting some funky operations when using this disc. There are several locations where it will jump to the middle of 6 second run instead of starting in the 10 sec run. Calman 11 point gray scale, will show the main screen then jumps to chapters in the 20s. I cannot get to go to chapter 1, even if I use the back chapter it just jumps back to the 20s. the disc works flawlessly in my Oppo 93.

Anybody else having issues with the K8500?
Hi, I'm sorry to hear that you experience problem with disk playback. Seems a player handling issue, it's not normal for a disk that don't have physical data damage to have these issues.

If you can contact Samsung to report the problem with playback, ask them if they want a disk copy or a download link for the ISO of the disk to test it out and solve the player issue via future firmware update.

Let me know their address to ship a disk copy or an e-mail address to send a digital download link of the Blu-Ray ISO to help them fix that playback issue.

There zero problems of that kind so far from various consumer blu-ray players or media players that can playback full menu from blu-ray ISO file.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #606 of 638 Old 02-25-2016, 10:15 AM

Yeah, being on bleeding edge of a 1.0 hardware platform, I'm try to get feed back if it happening others or if it is an issue with my unit. From early feedback of others who have contacted Samsung support reps don't even know they are selling a UHD player,

Sony 75x850c / UBD-K8500
post #607 of 638 Old 02-25-2016, 10:42 AM

Liked: 2
Almost three Years back, I purchased a used Pioneer Kuro LX5090H Plasma Television for my living room. I saw it first time at a friend of mine and was so impressed by these natural colors and organic look. I was always happy with the factory setting "movie mode" and did never a change on it. One Year later, I could not resist to buy one of the latest Panasonic 65VTW60, as it was highly praised as the ultimate reference TV, dethroning the KURO.

Two weeks after the Panasonic has been delivered, my living room still fell more like an electronic market :-)

There was the 50" KURO mounted on the wall, and the huge 65" Panasonic beast, which I placed right next to the lowboard - to make a long term comparison - and this was a big mistake. :-)
I was never really happy with the Panasonic. The picture looked much more dull, Skin Tones were not as precise as Kuro (they were greenish) and I have had no chance anymore to send it back to the marked I purchased.

So what to do?? I read many calibration threads, most of them in german hifi-forum. There are a couple of very talented and ambitous
calibrators. As I could not follow the technical discussions at all, I was just searching for picture settings which suits best to my setup.
But I had in my mind, that this will be always a compromise, as each TV is different.
After long periode I found some settings, which were really OK and much better than the factory's and decided, to place the panasonic in the bedroom (My wife was happy I can tell you )

By happy coincidence, some month later I found a 60" KURO KRP600 for a very favourable price at ebay - and could not resist to replace the 50" model in my living room.

I know it sounds weird (Or perhaps not for you, as you are also taken on TEDs page ), but I have always been annoyed by the fact, that the Kuro looks different than the Panasonic. At a certain point I even liked the Pana more without having the direct comparison and I fiddled around in Kuro picture menu.

Really guys, I was not enjoying my TVs anymore and just had the Remote Control in my hands.
THIS COULD NOT CONTINUE - the only way to get an objective picture, is to do a calibration.
I spent some weeks to make myself familiar with calibration theory (hifi-forum / AVS etc), and purchased an I1Display Pro colorimeter
(EODIS3) to gather practical knowledge.
For gamut calibration, I started with HCFR and 100% / 100% pattern.
The image quality already improved, but there was still an issue with skin tones (Still a little greenish)

As many users in hifi forum ended up with TEDs 75%/75% pattern, as they are much closer to real content, I got in contact with Ted as well, in order to purchase his calibration disc.

Once I bought the IMG File, I received some eMails with very detailed instructions how to set up HCFR, Calman etc.
This was really helpful for an absolute calibration beginner like me.

As I had some specific queries I contacted Ted directly. He was so friendly and patient and provided lots of further information to me,
which helped me really(!) a lot to calibrate my set up. THANK you very much

Today, approx. one month after I took my first steps towards display calibration, I reached a milestone for me:

The picture of Panasonic is excellent and I could even improve the KURO. Both TV look absolutely similar with VERY minor individual characteristics, which can not be calibrated with the televisions CMS. Now I'm thinking of "high level" improvements with 3D LUT
calibration, but this is really the cherry on the cake.

BIG thanks to Ted for developing this great Disc and for your helpfulness.
ConnecTEDDD and mo949 like this.
post #608 of 638 Old 02-26-2016, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yeah, being on bleeding edge of a 1.0 hardware platform, I'm try to get feed back if it happening others or if it is an issue with my unit. From early feedback of others who have contacted Samsung support reps don't even know they are selling a UHD player,
Hi, if you have news from Samsung please let me know.

I'm suggesting to Samsung K8500 UHD player users to use the Media Files Version of the disk which has the same contents as the Blu-Ray Version in MP4 and MKV file formats.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
post #609 of 638 Old 02-29-2016, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Hi, if you have news from Samsung please let me know.

I'm suggesting to Samsung K8500 UHD player users to use the Media Files Version of the disk which has the same contents as the Blu-Ray Version in MP4 and MKV file formats.
There might be an issue with recordable media playback in this player (DVD-R/BD-R. etc).
I remember few years ago, that some players were struggling with DVD-R in high bitrates. Maybe it's a similar issue?

Does the player explicitly say that it supports BD-R?
post #610 of 638 Old 02-29-2016, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfdrifter View Post
There might be an issue with recordable media playback in this player (DVD-R/BD-R. etc).
I remember few years ago, that some players were struggling with DVD-R in high bitrates. Maybe it's a similar issue?

Does the player explicitly say that it supports BD-R?
Hi, Samsung UBD-K8500, according to it's manual, it has a playback limitation @ page 57:

''Your product will not play content that has been recorded on a BD-R or USB device at a bitrate that exceeds 25 Mbps.''

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk highest bitrate chapter has 15.57 Mbps. bitrate (Green Zone Plate Pattern) while all the other chapters have lower bitrate.

For example 11-Point CalMAN's Grayscale Chapter which the user is experiencing problem has average bitrate of 0.092 Mbps (92 kbps).

post #611 of 638 Old 02-29-2016, 05:33 PM

Remember the original release date for this player is tomorrow and they decided to release it early. I've had two firmware updates in the last two weeks that I've owned it. I think it is having issues stepping through the files correctly.

If the disc is laid out like the Mp4/ MKV files I think it is having issues walking through the files in the correct order. the 10 sec duration gray scales are individual files and the 6 and 2 second version are single files.

Sony 75x850c / UBD-K8500
post #612 of 638 Old 02-29-2016, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hello to all,
is my first time, I feel this system:
LightSpace HTL, Ted's Calibration Disk, Eecolor box.

Still I did not understand the functioning,
probably, my spoken language (Italian), it does not help me to understand perfectly the many guides in English.

After making the measurements (10 Point Cube Hybrid 1D + 3D),
I do not see any images like the one below, on my laptop

Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by Thunderduck

After the last Color Patch is being measured, the LightSpace is saving that sesssion of measurements automatically and the same time you will see that image at your TV screen:

After that,
made reading, where I find the saved file?
is the .bcs?
how do I use it for 3DLut in my EEcolor box ?

Thanks
Massimo

Sorry for my bad English
post #613 of 638 Old 03-01-2016, 01:52 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Ciao Massimo, siamo in due dall'Italia.

Plasma TV: Pioneer Kuro KRP-500A - Pioneer Kuro LX-508D - Panasonic TX-P50VT30E
Sources: Oppo BDP-93 - Popcorn Hour A210 - Video Processor: TruVue eeColor
Probe: i1Display Pro profiled by JETI Specbos 1211-L - Software: Calman 5 Enthusiast
post #614 of 638 Old 03-01-2016, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbalo View Post
Ciao Massimo, siamo in due dall'Italia.
Ciao,
puoi rispondere alla mia domanda ?

Hi,
can you answer to my question ?

Sorry for my bad English
post #615 of 638 Old 03-01-2016, 02:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Ted, is it normal for the LS internal patch generator to run while in Dip mode? Also while doing a Quick Profile I noticed the patch sequence on the disc does not match the LS patch sequence. Am I doing something wrong? I selected the time on disc based on the time shown in the Quick Profile box.
post #616 of 638 Old 03-01-2016, 02:12 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 298
@ Icaro

I answer you in PM.

Plasma TV: Pioneer Kuro KRP-500A - Pioneer Kuro LX-508D - Panasonic TX-P50VT30E
Sources: Oppo BDP-93 - Popcorn Hour A210 - Video Processor: TruVue eeColor
Probe: i1Display Pro profiled by JETI Specbos 1211-L - Software: Calman 5 Enthusiast
post #617 of 638 Old 03-01-2016, 06:48 AM

Please, can someone with Lightspace CMS, tell me how to create a 3dlut for Eecolor ?

Thanks

Sorry for my bad English
post #618 of 638 Old 03-01-2016, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Remember the original release date for this player is tomorrow and they decided to release it early. I've had two firmware updates in the last two weeks that I've owned it. I think it is having issues stepping through the files correctly.

If the disc is laid out like the Mp4/ MKV files I think it is having issues walking through the files in the correct order. the 10 sec duration gray scales are individual files and the 6 and 2 second version are single files.
Hi, the Blu-Ray Version is using one M2TS file for each disk chapter. Each M2TS file has multiple marks inside to separate the chapters. For example the CalMAN's ColorChecker SG is one M2TS file with 99 Chapter marks.

The Media Files Version has one MP4/MKV file per Chapter for the users that have media players that support chapter marks, and separate files for the users with media players that don't support playback with selectable chapters from the player remote. So this covers all users with different players.

post #619 of 638 Old 03-01-2016, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icaro View Post
Hello to all,
is my first time, I feel this system:
LightSpace HTL, Ted's Calibration Disk, Eecolor box.

Still I did not understand the functioning,
probably, my spoken language (Italian), it does not help me to understand perfectly the many guides in English.

After making the measurements (10 Point Cube Hybrid 1D + 3D),
I do not see any images like the one below, on my laptop

After that,
made reading, where I find the saved file?
is the .bcs?
how do I use it for 3DLut in my EEcolor box ?

Thanks
Massimo
Hi Massimo,

This picture with the cube will be displayed from Ted's Disk (from your display/projector.....not from your notebook screen) after the end of displaying of the last patch of the DIP Mode Chapter you will use.

This picture is displayed to show that the measurements have completed, for the user to stop this chapter playback. It will go back to last disk menu menu after some minutes.

Your saved measurements files can be found to LightSpace -> Tools -> Color Space -> Manage Color Space. From that list you can view, delete, rename or export the measurements for saving as backup or for sending your measurements to another LightSpace users etc.

After the end of your measurements, you have to generate the colorspace correction.

Go To Tools -> Color Space -> Convert Color Space -> @ Source ColorSpace select your target...for example REC.709, and from Destination ColorSpace select your measurement file and click to 'Create New....doing this it will generate the correction. The next step is to apply VideoScale filter for eeColor: Edit -> LUT Manupulation -> VideoScale (there 2 options, Pass Black / Clip Black, I have posted the difference here: LightSpace 3D LUT Home Cinema Calibration Software)

The next step is to Export the correction to eeColor 65-Point format and then upload to eeColor, these steps have been described to the same post with VideoScale details.

All these details about LightSpace/eeColor operation are described to the well written guides of Light Illussion below:

http://lightillusion.com/lut_calibra...ots_guide.html
http://lightillusion.com/profiling_manual.html
http://lightillusion.com/eecolor_manual.html

post #620 of 638 Old 03-01-2016, 04:20 PM

Thanks again Ted
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

Sorry for my bad English
post #621 of 638 Old 03-02-2016, 03:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres2play View Post
Ted, is it normal for the LS internal patch generator to run while in Dip mode? Also while doing a Quick Profile I noticed the patch sequence on the disc does not match the LS patch sequence. Am I doing something wrong? I selected the time on disc based on the time shown in the Quick Profile box.

Hi, I have include to the Ted's Disk the Meter Profiling Chapters with LightSpace or CalMAN/ChromaPure pattern order.

DIP Mode is not working during meter profiling, this means that the 'Measure All' button will not work, this is for users which using the LS internal or hardware external pattern generators only.

Using the LightSpace Meter Profiling Chapter, you have to manually click to measure each patch (R,G,B,W). Each Chapter is displayed for 10 seconds and there is 1 sec of black screen between each pattern change. Follow the steps 1,2,3 to measure Red and then do the same for Green,Blue,White also.
mo949 likes this.

post #622 of 638 Old 03-02-2016, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Hi Ted. Thanks for the details on meter profiling, I'm just trying to run a gamut sweep (Primary & Secondary) using the LS Quick Profile menu and the external test patterns on the disc.

With LS in Dip mode, the patterns on the disc are not matching those on the laptop. That is why I wondered if the LS internal patterns should be on at all in Dip mode.

Anyway, to sync the patterns I tried to find the longest read time using the Meter Time/Patch Finder chapter, but I keep getting a reading 2,418 ms for all readings. "Measure & Log" seems to run continuously. I thought it would allow me to capture each measurement separately (manually) so I can fast forward the patches.

EDIT: I have the CR-100 meter

Last edited by Pres2play; 03-02-2016 at 03:44 PM.
post #623 of 638 Old 03-02-2016, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hi Ted. Thanks for the details on meter profiling, I'm just trying to run a gamut sweep (Primary & Secondary) using the LS Quick Profile menu and the external test patterns on the disc.

With LS in Dip mode, the patterns on the disc are not matching those on the laptop. That is why I wondered if the LS internal patterns should be on at all in Dip mode.
Hi, there is not available in the disk a Chapter for Gamut Sweep (Primary & Secondary). The Gamut Sweep measurement of LightSpace added from LightSpace after the disk release date, so it's not available in the current version, it will be available in a future version.

The Chapter that is available is the Quick Profiling (Primary & Secondary). If you use the correct chapter, you have nothing to worry about correct pattern order.

Quote:
Anyway, to sync the patterns I tried to find the longest read time using the Meter Time/Patch Finder chapter, but I keep getting a reading 2,418 ms for all readings. "Measure & Log" seems to run continuously. I thought it would allow me to capture each measurement separately (manually) so I can fast forward the patches.
If you will use the Quick Profiling then use the DIP Mode Meter Time/Patch Finder chapter to find the longest meter read. Seems that CR-100 has a fixed intergration time for any patch, like Klein K-10A.

Klein can read any patch at about 150ms. So any Klein K-10A user can run the 1 sec DIP Mode chapter that takes 1H22M to measure 17-Point Cube (4.913 Colors) and it's including 500ms delay before each meter read also. If you do the same by using DVDO AV-Lab (with 500ms delay) it will take about 6-8 minutes more. So with Ted's disk you get both higher speed than external pattern generator while you will have calibrated the full video chain.

Light Illussion lately has added a added a Max Limit (time) specifically for the CR-100 users to enable DIP mode to operate at the same timings as the K10-A. You need to run some tests to check this out. If you will be able to do all patch reading or 17-Point Cube Meter Time/Patch Finder chapter for about 400ms max, then you will be able to use the 1 sec. DIP Mode. If you found that your max measurement will be max 900ms, then you will able to use the 1.5sec 17-Point Cube Chapter.

Measure & Log take measurements in continuous mode until you press stop. Take 3-4 measurements per color patch, to save separate excel files per each color and examine later to find the longest meter read.

post #624 of 638 Old 03-02-2016, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Ok, I will look into all that this evening. Thanks.
post #625 of 638 Old 03-02-2016, 06:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 1066
Ted. Is it a good idea to go through the Meter profiling section of the disk with my new ID3pro and create some sort of correction matrix for HFCR before beginning my calibration?
post #626 of 638 Old 03-02-2016, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post
Ted. Is it a good idea to go through the Meter profiling section of the disk with my new ID3pro and create some sort of correction matrix for HFCR before beginning my calibration?
Hi, yes, you can do this using your spectro to profiling your colorimeter. Look what patch order matches the HCFR meter profiling order, for example:

LightSpace Meter Profiling Chapter displays R,G,B,W
CalMAN/ChromaPure Meter Profiling Chapter displays W,R,G,B
mo949 likes this.

post #627 of 638 Old 03-03-2016, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Just for the record, do I start the disc on "1" or "Start," LOL! Seems it depends on the player start speed.
post #628 of 638 Old 03-04-2016, 01:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hi, there is not available in the disk a Chapter for Gamut Sweep (Primary & Secondary). The Gamut Sweep measurement of LightSpace added from LightSpace after the disk release date, so it's not available in the current version, it will be available in a future version.

The Chapter that is available is the Quick Profiling (Primary & Secondary). If you use the correct chapter, you have nothing to worry about correct pattern order.

If you will use the Quick Profiling then use the DIP Mode Meter Time/Patch Finder chapter to find the longest meter read. Seems that CR-100 has a fixed intergration time for any patch, like Klein K-10A.

Klein can read any patch at about 150ms. So any Klein K-10A user can run the 1 sec DIP Mode chapter that takes 1H22M to measure 17-Point Cube (4.913 Colors) and it's including 500ms delay before each meter read also. If you do the same by using DVDO AV-Lab (with 500ms delay) it will take about 6-8 minutes more. So with Ted's disk you get both higher speed than external pattern generator while you will have calibrated the full video chain.

Light Illussion lately has added a added a Max Limit (time) specifically for the CR-100 users to enable DIP mode to operate at the same timings as the K10-A. You need to run some tests to check this out. If you will be able to do all patch reading or 17-Point Cube Meter Time/Patch Finder chapter for about 400ms max, then you will be able to use the 1 sec. DIP Mode. If you found that your max measurement will be max 900ms, then you will able to use the 1.5sec 17-Point Cube Chapter.

Measure & Log take measurements in continuous mode until you press stop. Take 3-4 measurements per color patch, to save separate excel files per each color and examine later to find the longest meter read.

Ok Ted, I have it working now. In the Display Characterization window I had the Time Per Frame set at 2.5 seconds. I changed that to 1.5 seconds, to match the 1.5 seconds per Patch DIP Mode.

Also changed the Max Exposure time to 400ms.

Oh, and I do have to start the patch sequence at "Start".
post #629 of 638 Old 03-04-2016, 02:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Just for the record, do I start the disc on "1" or "Start," LOL! Seems it depends on the player start speed.
Hi, after the 5 sec. 'Old Film Like' Countdown you will see:

...when you will see the last frame.....

Press 'OK' to the LightSpace Start Measurements Confirmation Window when you will see the 'Start' frame.

Think that each second of countdown (5,4,3,2 numbers) is 24 frames and the (1 number) has 23 frames that say (1 to your screen) and 1 frame that says 'Start'.

I prefer to press the the ‘Enter Key’ from my keyboard for perfect timing.

After pressing 'Start', the patches will start changing from your Display which you playback Ted's Disk and the patches will be displayed also from the LightSpace internal pattern window. Just watch the pattern changes, by viewing both patches (from PC + from display) look to see if the are changing the same time....if this happening for the first 10-20 patches...you will have no problem with syncing for the remaining readings. If you see that they are not changing exact the same time, then cancel the measurements and re-start the measurements again.

post #630 of 638 Old 03-04-2016, 02:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Also changed the Max Exposure time to 400ms.

Oh, and I do have to start the patch sequence at "Start".

Ok, just check the DIP Mode Meter Time/Patch Finder chapter to be sure about the longer meter reads with the 400ms integration time you have set.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Tags
Pioneer Elite Kuro Pro 1150hd 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

taboola here
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page