Problems calibrating Samsung 40es6715 with ColorMunki Display - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-15-2013, 04:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello
I have been trying to calibrate my Samsung 40es6715 led, with my ColorMunky Display, using HCFR 3.0.40.
The 6715 is the skandinavian version of 6710, and the Colormunki Display is the same hardware as the I1 display 3/pro. I used the Mp4 files from AVS HD709.
I don't know if there is something wrong, because when i manage to calibrate with delta IE values below 10 (most below 5). The image has a very visible green tint on the actors skin and hair. I have noticed that when i get good values with 10 % gray, the 5 % gray will get very green. Another thing is, when i try to adjust the blue levels in offset values. The changes will be much bigger at the 5 % gray than the levels 10-30 % gray. When i use the 10p grayscale settings, level 1 will make big changes to 5 % gray and less and less to 10% gray. Level 2 - 5 in the 10p grayscale settings do not change much in the area from 10% - 50%. In the area above 50 % gray, i can use the 10 p grayscale settings. But i cant lover the blue level enough. And when i use gain setting from the 2p whitebalance setting. it will also change the 5% gray.
I am using the movie setting with varm 2, auto color space and all contrast improvement settings are turned off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-15-2013, 05:00 AM

Liked: 56
Use 20% for offset, 80%for gain first. (first set gain, then offset). If you move with gains controls, remeasure offsets and vice versa.
then do small corrections with 10pt.
For 5 or 10% patterns. There is so small amount of light, that moving r,g,b in small step, causes huge change in WB. Also at this level, after moving menu controls, wait until changes are applied onto picture. (maybe 10-20seconds). I have 6710.

Panasonic TX-P42GT50E, Oppo 103, Schiit Vali, Denon AHD2000 + Moon Audio Blue Dragon V3, Phonak Audeo 121, Vsonic GR07, Fiio E17, Cowon S9, XLO cables :: CalMAN 5 Enthusiast,Chromapure Standard, i1D3, i1Display 2, TED's Calibration Blu Ray Disc v1.0 & v1.1
post #3 of 6 Old 02-15-2013, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks
Did you get very high levels of blue in the 10-30 % area with warm 2 in movie settings? Mine goes out of the scale at 10 - 20 % (above 150 %)

And are you using the latest fw?

post #4 of 6 Old 02-15-2013, 06:25 AM

Liked: 56
in warm2, blue is high too. You may try to look at my 2pt settings (click on signature link). My FW is 1032 - latest. Just keep in mind, if you change blue offset, it affects blue gain (and vice versa of course....) so do it in small steps.

Panasonic TX-P42GT50E, Oppo 103, Schiit Vali, Denon AHD2000 + Moon Audio Blue Dragon V3, Phonak Audeo 121, Vsonic GR07, Fiio E17, Cowon S9, XLO cables :: CalMAN 5 Enthusiast,Chromapure Standard, i1D3, i1Display 2, TED's Calibration Blu Ray Disc v1.0 & v1.1
post #5 of 6 Old 02-15-2013, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

The problem is that with the white balace settings at default in movie mode with warm 2 and colorspace auto. I get a slightly green tint in some of the shadow areas. I actualy have to use native in colorspace. I trued aply your latest settings and the green tint whent nuts. So today i went to the store and i noticed that there wasn't green tint with the colorspace setting at auto. And i also noticed the firmware was 1021. Mine is 1032 also.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-16-2013, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by -claus- View Post

The problem is that with the white balace settings at default in movie mode with warm 2 and colorspace auto. I get a slightly green tint in some of the shadow areas. I actualy have to use native in colorspace. I trued aply your latest settings and the green tint whent nuts. So today i went to the store and i noticed that there wasn't green tint with the colorspace setting at auto. And i also noticed the firmware was 1021. Mine is 1032 also.

you're confusing grayscale/white balance (warm2) with gamut (color space auto vs. native)

switching between auto and native color spaces will affect the gamut, not the grayscale/white balance (if it affects white balance, there is an issue with the way the calibration controls work on the TV, which shouldn't be the case with a modern Samsung)
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page