eeColor Processor - CalMAN - 3D LUTs - Page 20 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 17Likes

post #571 of 596 Old 12-30-2014, 05:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
Liked: 295
In the display tab where you can select the eecolor processor, there is an option taht reads "Full DDC Reset"

Is this intended to mean all 6 memory channels or just the one you have selected in the "Selected 3D LUT"?

When retargeting a previous characterization to go into a used LUTs memory, should you reset it first or will the program overwrite it without any problems?

Tool kit: Calman 5, Chromapure, Klein K10A, CR250RH,VideoForge HDMI II, eecolor colorbox.
Displays: Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50
Audio: Marantz AV8801, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 596 Old 12-30-2014, 10:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 209
It only clears the selected 3D LUT and both 1D LUTs.

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
post #573 of 596 Old 01-01-2015, 04:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I noticed that on one of the screens when you go to run 3D LUTs, you're giving an option as to take white to 255 or 235 with the default being 255.

When you retarget a previous characterization it only shows the fixed setting of 235. So even if you used the same targets, your original LUTs will go up to 255 and the second one with the same targets would only go to 235. Is this correct? Or do you get around this by doing a 1D LUTs that does go above 235?

From a previous post... When retargeting a previous characterization to go into a used LUTs memory, should you reset it first or will the program overwrite it without any problems?

Tool kit: Calman 5, Chromapure, Klein K10A, CR250RH,VideoForge HDMI II, eecolor colorbox.
Audio: Marantz AV8801, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP

Last edited by JimP; 01-01-2015 at 05:25 AM.
post #574 of 596 Old 01-01-2015, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
I noticed that on one of the screens when you go to run 3D LUTs, you're giving an option as to take white to 255 or 235 with the default being 255.

When you retarget a previous characterization it only shows the fixed setting of 235. So even if you used the same targets, your original LUTs will go up to 255 and the second one with the same targets would only go to 235. Is this correct?
That's not exactly right. When we run the profiling pass, you set what you want to measure, up to 235 or up to 255. Then whenever we write the LUT we take the profiling pass and if it doesn't go up to 255, we interpolate the levels from 235 up to 255 so we can write the full LUT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
From a previous post... When retargeting a previous characterization to go into a used LUTs memory, should you reset it first or will the program overwrite it without any problems?
Retargeting overwrites the existing LUT.

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
post #575 of 596 Old 05-23-2015, 12:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

It appears that Color Checker has the functionality to import other patch sets.

How do you create an alternate patch set and which directory does it need to be put into?

post #576 of 596 Old 05-25-2015, 01:49 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello everyone,

I hope I find some help here because I'm slowly despair.

I owned a eecolor Box from Ted and before the box arrive I started some testing with my PC because I want to use CalMAN to generate the patterns for the eecolor.
But the problem is that the PC pattern don't match with my measurements of my Bluray player.

I've got the same problems like the user visca blaugrana on Page 5 post #133 of this thread

I use the following Set Up:
- Panasonic VTW60 HDMI Input set to RGB Limited
- Oppo 103D set to 4:4:4
- PC Gigabyte Brix Pro with Intel Iris Pro 5200 set to RGB Full with madvr Level Tweaker
- All Enhancer of the VGA Card disabled

I can't measure the Gamma of 10 IRE and the Black and White Levels are also different (TV 100 IRE ~100 cd/m² - PC 100 IRE ~75 cd/m²)

The only way I get same results is to set up CalMAN to PC Level than are everything equal.
I also tried madVR as Pattern generator but there are the same problem I realy hope that someone can help because I allready tried everything

I can't attache my Calibrationreport of CalMAN because I'm new in this Forum I will post it later

Thanks to everyone who have an idea
post #577 of 596 Old 05-26-2015, 12:52 AM

Is there nobody that can help me?
post #578 of 596 Old 05-26-2015, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJoker View Post
Any profiles active on your pc?
post #579 of 596 Old 05-26-2015, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 558 Post(s)
Liked: 1060
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
@BlackJoker --- PM me your email address and I'll send you a little program that will check your PC.

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

Last edited by buzzard767; 05-26-2015 at 05:34 PM.
post #580 of 596 Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
I use Spectracal Client 3 but before I start any measurements I delet all profiles under windir\system32\spool\drivers\color and kill the process in the task manager.
@buzzard767 thanks I will send you the PM
post #581 of 596 Old Yesterday, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 610
Quote:
I use Spectracal Client 3 but before I start any measurements I delet all profiles under windir\system32\spool\drivers\color and kill the process in the task manager.
@buzzard767 thanks I will send you the PM
Have you tried the internal patterns ? Just extend your desktop and move the pattern window over.

also double check that the patterns arent being expanded to pc levels(setting on last tab)
post #582 of 596 Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 388
@BlackJoker

If you are using madTPG as your pattern generator, have you set madTPG to output legal video levels 16-235.

Also if you are using windows 7, go to control panel>Color management click on advanced tab, then click on change defaults>new tab opens, now click on advanced tab, at bottom of page check the box "Use windows display calibration". Close tabs and you are done.

ss
post #583 of 596 Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM

I tried the internal patterns such as the one from madVR.

Calman settings are exactly like buzzard posted them and when I use madVR I set up the TV under settings to video levels.

I can't understand that ... The only way I get similar measurements is to set up both TV and PC to Full RGB but that's not what I want ... I also used the X-Rite tool to be sure that the VGA is set to its default values.
post #584 of 596 Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

If you are using madTPG as your pattern source you will need to be running the latest CM Beta.
Using madVR tweaker you are forcing your video card to output 0-255 on the screen you used madVR tweaker on.
You may want to drag madVR tweaker to the screen you are calibrating and turn it off, then reboot your PC. That is if you are not using madTPG as your pattern source

Also you can use the slider in CM to measure more than 125 color points when profiling. In theory measuring more color points should help CM give a more accurate 3DLUT for your Mini.

ss
post #585 of 596 Old Yesterday, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
If you are using madTPG as your pattern source you will need to be running the latest CM Beta.
Currently I'm using the latest CM Release 5.4.2 Build 1912

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
You may want to drag madVR tweaker to the screen you are calibrating and turn it off, then reboot your PC. That is if you are not using madTPG as your pattern source
But I want to use madTPG as my pattern source?

I think that something in my Intel Driver settings are not correct
post #586 of 596 Old Today, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Currently I'm using the latest CM Release 5.4.2 Build 1912

But I want to use madTPG as my pattern source?

Click on this link for the latest CM beta. http://files.spectracal.com/download...935-0514.2.exe

Ok, drag and drop madVR tweaker to the screen that is being calibrated, check force video card to 0-255.
With your video card just make sure it is set on REC.709. You can use the example in my last post to get to that screen.
Just make sure your video driver is up to date. Most of the time there is NP with your video cards settings.

When installing madVR right click on the install exe and run as administrator. Below is a link to the latest madVR. Once you have the folder made that has all of the madVR components remember the location and always use the same madVR folder, never delete it.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...14#post1271414

Note, CM has just add support for madVR, that is why you must use the latest beta of CM.

If you have a eecolor box and you will be using madVR, I would strongly suggest using dispcalGUI, argyllCMS for your 3DLUT software. You can read up on this software here. eeColor processor - ArgyllCMS

ss

Last edited by sillysally; Today at 11:24 AM.
post #587 of 596 Old Today, 12:02 PM

Thx for the link I've installed the latest beta also like the latest Intel driver.
I used the madVR Leveltweaker like I should and nothing absolutely nothing helps ... only if I expand the Patterns to PC Levels I got the same results like from the Bluray Player.

displayGUI and AgryllCMS is for me far far away first of all I need to set up everything well to get right measurements but every day I spend more time on this I'm getting more angry

There must be something that I overlook ....
post #588 of 596 Old Today, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 805 Post(s)
Liked: 711
Quote:

Sounds like it, have you checked that you have selected RGB and not YCbCr output?
post #589 of 596 Old Today, 12:17 PM

OMFG!! Now I got it the driver was set to YCbCr but I also had to set up the TV to Full RGB under the driver settings now I got the same results like the Bluray Player jesus I thought that this not gonna happen anymore thanks so much everyone now I need to get familiar with the LUT calibration itself and then I get a closer look to displayGUI.

But to be sure is that right that I set up the TV under quantization range in the driver settings to Full RGB? If I select limited RGB I got again a Gamma which is far way of
post #590 of 596 Old Today, 12:21 PM

With the new Beta I can't use madTPG as my pattern source it says:

Error - Source not found check your USB, RS-232 or Socket connection
post #591 of 596 Old Today, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
But to be sure is that right that I set up the TV under quantization range in the driver settings to Full RGB?
yes
post #592 of 596 Old Today, 02:10 PM

I’m on the right way now but there are still some bad things going on.

For testing I calibrated my VT60 with CM Pattern (6% Window and 6% APL) Target Gamma 2.2 With the PC I got a straight line realy good dE Level .. then I tested these new settings with the Oppo and TED's disk (11.11%) at my ss wich I attached I get an Gamma AVG of ~2.12 how is this possible?

Could the different pattern sizes be a reason or something else? Furthermore the black level wasn‘t right.

With the Oppo I have to set up brightness to +7 after my calibration using CM Pattern I have to set it to +11 ?

TV is set to Gamma 2.4 and Gamma Target is 2.2

For the brightness I always use TED's brightness patern.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unbenannt.PNG
Views:	9
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	742721  
post #593 of 596 Old Today, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

yes, gamma varies with pattern geometry on plasmas so you can't use Ted's disk for comparison if you calibrate with APL patterns. Of course you could just compare the 11% patterns from the disk to 11% patterns in CM if all you're concerned about is agreement between the BD player and the computer.
post #594 of 596 Old Today, 02:30 PM

Okay thx zoyd I will check that. But how I set up the APL setting in CM Pattern right? See ss

I have a 50VT60 and want to use 6% window pattern which works better than 11% for my model.

And if I want to use madTPG (which don't work with my new installed CM beta) which set up for the pattern window is right "constant gray, gamma light or linear light " ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unbenannt.PNG
Views:	9
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	742777  
post #595 of 596 Old Today, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

use gamma light for the madTPG setting. Not sure why you are having madTPG problems, current version works here with current versions of DCG, HCFR, CM, and LS.
post #596 of 596 Old Today, 11:03 PM

Thx and for CM how I set up the Pattern APL of the ss?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page