eeColor Processor - CalMAN - 3D LUTs - Page 22 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 26Likes

post #631 of 644 Old 08-31-2015, 10:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked: 337
Ted,

Thanks for such a thorough reply.

Apparently, I was doing it correctly.

I'm using the same everything connection wise that I use to upload LUTs to the eecolor from Calman. Matter of fact, I leave the computer end connected all the time to help keep up with which connections are usb 2.0 and works with which devices. Makes running LUTs a little simpler if I don't have to rethink why something stopped working that worked fine a week earlier.

I'll start using the switch on the eecolor rather than leaving in on continuously.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 644 Old 08-31-2015, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
Ted,

Thanks for such a thorough reply.

Apparently, I was doing it correctly.

I'm using the same everything connection wise that I use to upload LUTs to the eecolor from Calman. Matter of fact, I leave the computer end connected all the time to help keep up with which connections are usb 2.0 and works with which devices. Makes running LUTs a little simpler if I don't have to rethink why something stopped working that worked fine a week earlier.

I'll start using the switch on the eecolor rather than leaving in on continuously.

Thanks

Connect it to an another USB port and retry the eeColor application to see if it will display to you the same errors. Maybe it's a connection error that CalMAN may have also but it's not displaying an error dialog.

You can upload the The eeColor 3D LUT file be something like that:

1_EECOLOR_1107C01173.TXT

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #633 of 644 Old 08-31-2015, 12:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Ted,

Since I'm getting dE 2000 in the .6x to .8x range when verifying (500 point), wouldn't that tell me that Calman is communicating properly with the eecolor processor?
post #634 of 644 Old 08-31-2015, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Ted,

Since I'm getting dE 2000 in the .6x to .8x range when verifying (500 point), wouldn't that tell me that Calman is communicating properly with the eecolor processor?
It's strange to have problem with communication using TruVue Application only.

dE reports are not telling the whole story. You can have 0.5dE if you measure 5.000 random points, while the same time you can have banding or distortions. This can happen when the software is trying to provide you the lowest dE without counting the linearity of the corrections.

That's why it's important to visual verify some patterns with color ramps with 3D LUT correction active, to confirm that there no problems visually to colors gradients/shades.

Clipping/distortions can be identified when you will have a tool to visualize the correction LUT data.

That's why I'm asking you to upload your eeColor TXT file.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
post #635 of 644 Old 08-31-2015, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Hi Jim,

Seems like a connection problem, some ideas you have to try is to replace the USB cable with a new one, don't use a USB 3.0 port but only a USB 2.0, install the latest VCP drivers again. (take a screenshot of the errors and upload the picture next time it will appear)
Just to say that VCP drivers are updated to be Windows 10 compatible.

Here is the link: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

ConnecTEDDD likes this.

#1 Calibration Disk / Best Support: Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk
#1 Calibration Software / Best Support: LightSpace CMS - Calibration Comparison
post #636 of 644 Old 08-31-2015, 04:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
It's strange to have problem with communication using TruVue Application only.

dE reports are not telling the whole story. You can have 0.5dE if you measure 5.000 random points, while the same time you can have banding or distortions. This can happen when the software is trying to provide you the lowest dE without counting the linearity of the corrections.

That's why it's important to visual verify some patterns with color ramps with 3D LUT correction active, to confirm that there no problems visually to colors gradients/shades.

Clipping/distortions can be identified when you will have a tool to visualize the correction LUT data.

That's why I'm asking you to upload your eeColor TXT file.
Ted,
Even zipped the file was too large to upload here.
Sent it to your displaycalibrations address
post #637 of 644 Old 08-31-2015, 09:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Ted,
Just ran a 2500 patch set and the average dE2000 was .7
The two readings that were 6.13 and 5.26 dE were so dark that on the color checker it was very difficult to impossible to see the difference. I could probably clear that up by increasing the K10A's read time but I doubt the gain would be worth slowing down the 10,000 point LUTs process.

With that said, the 21 pt grayscale, 15% was a touch pink. I've come across this before and was able to clear it up by adjusting that level in the 1D up/down back to default. Don't know if Calman is posting a correction to 15% 1d that it shouldn't or if something is wonky on the eecolor. Perhaps the file I sent you will shed some light on this.
post #638 of 644 Old 09-02-2015, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Ted,
The two readings that were 6.13 and 5.26 dE were so dark that on the color checker it was very difficult to impossible to see the difference. I could probably clear that up by increasing the K10A's read time but I doubt the gain would be worth slowing down the 10,000 point LUTs process.

With that said, the 21 pt grayscale, 15% was a touch pink. I've come across this before and was able to clear it up by adjusting that level in the 1D up/down back to default. Don't know if Calman is posting a correction to 15% 1d that it shouldn't or if something is wonky on the eecolor. Perhaps the file I sent you will shed some light on this.
Hi Jim, this is the 1D LUT Viewer of LightSpace with your CalMAN generated 3D LUT opened. As you can see the correction at specific areas are not as linear as possible. So this produce problems in image. I see drop in your peak White also if you compare the pre-post peak white you will see if you take measurements but the strange thing is that your 100% White before running the AutoCal was already calibrated.

About the 15% of Gray Pink tint you see by viewing a Grayscale Ramp, but the 15% Grayscale measurement don't see that, here I added manually the percentages to show you that the problem is visible here.

Here is the 3D LUT Preview of your correction:

Seems to me that you have already calibrated your 100% Saturation manually before running the CalMAN AutoCAL.

I'm not seeing that the correction LUT is changing so much your data, that's why you don't see big difference with LUT active/inactive. You just see some problems in colors that are visible to your 1D LUT viewer also.
Iron Mike likes this.

post #639 of 644 Old 09-03-2015, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Ted,

Hi Jim, can you post the target + measured xyY of these 2 colorpoints you found with 6.13 and 5.26 dE?

post #640 of 644 Old 09-03-2015, 10:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Hi Jim, can you post the target + measured xyY of these 2 colorpoints you found with 6.13 and 5.26 dE?
I'd have to go back and rerun it.

As best as my memory recalls, they were both 16,16, X. Sorry, that's probably not much help.
post #641 of 644 Old 09-03-2015, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I'd have to go back and rerun it.

As best as my memory recalls, they were both 16,16, X. Sorry, that's probably not much help.
If you have saved these measurements, send them to me to take a look.

post #642 of 644 Old 09-03-2015, 11:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
If you have saved these measurements, send them to me to take a look.
Sorry, didn't save them.

You noticed on the new Calman beta, there's something about a change for the just above black levels. Wonder if that's connected to this.
post #643 of 644 Old 09-03-2015, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Sorry, didn't save them.

You noticed on the new Calman beta, there's something about a change for the just above black levels. Wonder if that's connected to this.

Take pre-post calibration report if you try it, and upload the new eeColor TXT to examine it.

post #644 of 644 Old Today, 04:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
I'm not seeing that the correction LUT is changing so much your data, that's why you don't see big difference with LUT active/inactive. You just see some problems in colors that are visible to your 1D LUT viewer also.
This raises the question "should I even be bothering with a 3D LUTs?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page