eeColor Processor - CalMAN - 3D LUTs - Page 28 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 92Likes

post #811 of 835 Old 11-16-2015, 11:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderduck View Post
Hi All,

Last night I did a 3D LUT calibration and really like the results. Only did about a 2,000 point calibration because of time constraints. Because I was doing the calibration for ISF NIGHT mode, I decided to load the LUT into memory 2. Since I like the results, is it possible to upload the resulting 3D LUT tables to say slot number 1?
Steve,

using the current versions of Calman you can re-target an existing calibration to be written to a new LUT slot. The instructions are on their website. At that time, you can also change the Gamma target.

Eric

Theater: Panasonic 50 inch plasma TV TC-P50ST-50, Oppo-105 Blu-ray player and source, B & W CM 7, CM 1 surround speakers, sub, Rotel , Parasound Halo amps, EEcolor lut box. Calman Enthusiast 5.6, MobileForge, I1D3 Meter.
Stereo: modified Oppo BDP-105 Blu-ray, Focal Chorus 836 W speakers, modified Counterpoint solid-1 amplifier , PS audio PPP, SVS SB-13 sub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 835 Old 11-16-2015, 11:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Thanks Eric will give it a look. Sounds like something I could use.

Steve
post #813 of 835 Old 11-16-2015, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderduck View Post
Thanks Eric will give it a look. Sounds like something I could use.

Steve
Creating CalMAN 3D LUTs: Overview Guide
http://www.spectracal.com/Documents/...20Overview.pdf

^ Its on the last 2 pages of the doc

#1 Calibration Disk / Best Support: Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk
#1 Calibration Software / Best Support: LightSpace CMS - Calibration Comparison
post #814 of 835 Old 11-16-2015, 12:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekjsmith View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by derekjsmith 

Had a quick look and the full reset within CalMAN just resets the input/output and currently selected 3D LUT.

Wo do however have a cmd shell utility I wrote when we sold ColorBoxes that will reset all LUT's. Copy LUT's from slot to slot. Save LUTs and load LUTs. Load custom OSD images etc...

I will find a copy of the utility and post a link into this thread. The utility will not be officially supported by SpectraCal but worked well when we used it

I found a copy of the ColorBox utility. I need to do a bit of testing but will post it tomorrow along with some use examples.
Hello Derek,

Was the ColorBox utility link ever posted? I did not see where it was. Did you decide not to post the utility. I would be very interested in this but if you decided not to post it I can certainly understand.

EDIT: Maybe this utility was incorporated into one of the updates of CalMAN. After reading about retargeting in the document provided above, maybe that is what I am looking for. Sounds like an easy enough process.

Thank you for all of your help on this and other threads. This neophyte very much appreciates it.

Best Regards,

Steve

Last edited by Thunderduck; 11-16-2015 at 12:22 PM.
post #815 of 835 Old 11-16-2015, 12:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by W3Rman View Post
Creating CalMAN 3D LUTs: Overview Guide
http://www.spectracal.com/Documents/...20Overview.pdf

^ Its on the last 2 pages of the doc
Thank you very much. Much appreciated.

Steve
post #816 of 835 Old 11-19-2015, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Okay,
latest run 3600 panels, on a tripod using black felt to make a lens hood, 2 1/2 hours.
Very nice results with 0.8 dE Colors. 11% size, 18% average user ABL patterns.
Still see occasional minor banding, but this has also been significantly reduced by using the 30 bit dithered output of the OPPO Blu-ray player.
Calman 5.6.1 beta also offered some improvement.

I was able to re-target this to BT.1886 gamma, which looks great. Skin tones are dead on.

Eric

Theater: Panasonic 50 inch plasma TV TC-P50ST-50, Oppo-105 Blu-ray player and source, B & W CM 7, CM 1 surround speakers, sub, Rotel , Parasound Halo amps, EEcolor lut box. Calman Enthusiast 5.6, MobileForge, I1D3 Meter.
Stereo: modified Oppo BDP-105 Blu-ray, Focal Chorus 836 W speakers, modified Counterpoint solid-1 amplifier , PS audio PPP, SVS SB-13 sub.
post #817 of 835 Old 11-19-2015, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 580 Post(s)
Liked: 958
CalMAN 5.6.1 Open Beta - Build: 2200 Released @ 19 November 2015

Release Notes

Resolved an issue with the CR-100 and CR-250 meters that could give read errors near black.

Resolved an issue that could cause datagrids to display data in the wrong columns.

Resolved an issue creating 3D LUT files for TVLogic displays using the SpectraCal CalMAN Cube Generator. This issue did not exist when connecting directly to a TVLogic as a display.

CalMAN now requires madVR version 0.89.17 or higher.

Tweaked 3D LUT algorithms to help reduce possible banding.

Added new 1D LUT formats for the SpectraCal Cube Generator. New formats are .txt (Black magic) and .cube (AJA).

Firmware version 2.3 for the AJA LUT box now allows you to select if the deice is set to Full or SMPTE levels. This option is in the AJA Mini Config utility on the LUT page.

On the AutoCal Setup dialog when creating a cube, there are now 2 options for the AJA – LUT box format for Output Cube Size (right under the File Format drop down). You want to select 17 Points 16-235 if you are running older firmware or if you have selected SMPTE in the AJA utility. You want to select 17 Points if you are running the new firmware and you have set the AJA LUT box to Full in its utility. The setting in the AJA LUT box must be made before running the AutoCube calibration.

Download Links
Thunderduck likes this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #818 of 835 Old 11-19-2015, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 1132 Post(s)
Liked: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Tweaked 3D LUT algorithms to help reduce possible banding.
The banding that I have been getting in the blue and magenta saturation sweeps
has been eliminated when I profile using a YCC video chain. Interestingly there is
still some minor banding in magenta (not blue) when I use an RGB chain.

Another thing I noticed was that the CR-100 no longer syncs properly in this
build, I have to enter the frequency manually.
post #819 of 835 Old 11-20-2015, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post
Another thing I noticed was that the CR-100 no longer syncs properly in this
build, I have to enter the frequency manually.
CalMAN 5.6.1 Open Beta - Build: 2201 Released @ 21 November 2015

Release Notes

Fixed an issue with sync on the CR-100 meter that we introduced with the last beta.

Download Links

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
post #820 of 835 Old 12-14-2015, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hi, guys.
I am sorry if this has been answered before but I can´t search the topic right now (cell phone). I have a few questions about the eeColor 3D LUT box:
1. Can I used to correct the bad CMS on my JVC RS4810?
2. Does it work with Calman Control?
3. If yes for the first two qustions, is there a step by step guide on how to achive itens 1 and 2?

Thanks for any help.

Sorry for bad english...
post #821 of 835 Old 12-14-2015, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrangel View Post
Hi, guys.
I am sorry if this has been answered before but I can´t search the topic right now (cell phone). I have a few questions about the eeColor 3D LUT box:
1. Can I used to correct the bad CMS on my JVC RS4810?
2. Does it work with Calman Control?
3. If yes for the first two qustions, is there a step by step guide on how to achive itens 1 and 2?

Thanks for any help.
Hi, about your questions.

1) You will have to find your projector mode which has the largest gamut coverage (native) and you will use this and let CalMAN/eeColor calibrate your selected colorpoints you want.

2) You will need to upgrade your license level to CalMAN Enthousiast to be able to perform 3D LUT Calibration.

3) CalMAN Enthousiast has a workflow called Color Cube 3D LUT for this job, and it's layout pages has the required steps. The Options you will have about CalMAN's Cube Generator are described to this guide: http://www.spectracal.com/Documents/...20Overview.pdf

* You will need pattern generator to display the required color patches that CalMAN will require, you can use the CalMAN's Internal Software Pattern Generator.

There 2 Options:

Options 1) Use your PC/Notebook HDMI (as extended desktop) and CalMAN's Internal Pattern Generator will generate the required patterns. This requires some testing (with measurements and levels checking via Brightness/Contrast Patterns) to see if your PC/Notebook Output is matching your blu-ray output when you will generate the same patterns from a calibration disk.

Solution 2) Get Amazon Fire USB Stick that CalMAN connects wireless and generates the required patterns for 3D LUT. SpectraCAL says this solution has been verified that generates accurate patterns.
ezrangel likes this.

post #822 of 835 Old 12-14-2015, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:

Solution 2) Get Amazon Fire USB Stick that CalMAN connects wireless and generates the required patterns for 3D LUT. SpectraCAL says this solution has been verified that generates accurate patterns.
Wow. This is fantastic. I can sell my Lumagen Mini 3D as all I was using it for was a pattern generator/LUT box. Now that I have an eeColor box I was just using it as a pattern generator. Now I can just get rid of it.

Is the wireless connection to the Fire Stick an option on the pull-down menu just like the Lumagen was? Is it that simple?
post #823 of 835 Old 12-14-2015, 09:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Wow. This is fantastic. I can sell my Lumagen Mini 3D as all I was using it for was a pattern generator/LUT box. Now that I have an eeColor box I was just using it as a pattern generator. Now I can just get rid of it.

Is the wireless connection to the Fire Stick an option on the pull-down menu just like the Lumagen was? Is it that simple?
Hi, yes, it's available @ CalMAN's Source list as SpectraCAL - MobileForge Pattern Generator.
erkq likes this.

post #824 of 835 Old 12-23-2015, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

CalMAN 5.6.1 Open Beta - Build: 2218 Released @ 24 December 2015

Release Notes

CalMAN now requires .NET 4.6.

Some workflow tweaks to SI Advanced, SI Professional, Color Cube, and Dolby Vision workflows.

Added support for 1D LUT for the Prisma. Supports either .csv or .cube file formats.

Resolved an issue for near black banding as well as some overall accuracy improvements for 3D LUTs.

Added an exception handler for the CR-100 meter.

Download Links

post #825 of 835 Old 01-01-2016, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hi, yes, it's available @ CalMAN's Source list as SpectraCAL - MobileForge Pattern Generator.
I got it all set up. Everything's talking and passing signal. The problem is the eeColor box shows "0" and that's it. It does not respond to the remote at all. I bought this a while ago (when the price fell to $499 but before the $299 price) but this is the first time I've tried it. A new JVC RS500 got me to swap out my Lumagen for the eeColor.

Is this an issue that's been discussed before? I'm not sure how to search for this "0" issue.
post #826 of 835 Old 01-01-2016, 08:59 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 407
Quote:
I got it all set up. Everything's talking and passing signal. The problem is the eeColor box shows "0" and that's it. It does not respond to the remote at all. I bought this a while ago (when the price fell to $499 but before the $299 price) but this is the first time I've tried it. A new JVC RS500 got me to swap out my Lumagen for the eeColor.

Is this an issue that's been discussed before? I'm not sure how to search for this "0" issue.
first thing: check battery. this is the most common reason.

second: the ee needs an active signal fed to the box in order for the remote to work. if u do not feed an active signal to the box, the remote won't do anything.

calibration & profiling solutions: Lightspace, Spaceman, Calman, Argyll, ColorNavigator, basICColor
profiling & calibration workflow tools: Display Calibration Tools
meter: CR-250, Klein K-10 A, i1Pro, i1D3
AVS thread: Lightspace & Custom Color Patch Set & Gamma Calibration on Panasonic 65VT60
post #827 of 835 Old 01-02-2016, 12:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
first thing: check battery. this is the most common reason.

second: the ee needs an active signal fed to the box in order for the remote to work. if u do not feed an active signal to the box, the remote won't do anything.
Yes, thank you.

The battery reads 3.3 volts and the light by the number flashes, indicating a signal is flowing through the box. And the signal that comes through looks fine.

I'm thinking I have a bad remote. I'll test with my camera.

EDIT: The remote emits IR. I assume if it's emitting something it's correct. So the eeColor must not be seeing it. Crumb. I'll have to see what the warranty is.

Last edited by erkq; 01-02-2016 at 12:29 AM.
post #828 of 835 Old 01-02-2016, 01:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 407
Quote:
Yes, thank you.

The battery reads 3.3 volts and the light by the number flashes, indicating a signal is flowing through the box. And the signal that comes through looks fine.

I'm thinking I have a bad remote. I'll test with my camera.

EDIT: The remote emits IR. I assume if it's emitting something it's correct. So the eeColor must not be seeing it. Crumb. I'll have to see what the warranty is.
(although possible) I doubt it is the remote.

replace the battery. send a supported, active signal to the box.

if it is still not responsive, but you know the remote battery is good, hook the box up via USB to computer and open Truvue app and upload 6 LUTS (can be all Unity, doesn't matter), basically overwriting the existing LUTs...

it could be u have a corrupt LUT sitting in a slot...

calibration & profiling solutions: Lightspace, Spaceman, Calman, Argyll, ColorNavigator, basICColor
profiling & calibration workflow tools: Display Calibration Tools
meter: CR-250, Klein K-10 A, i1Pro, i1D3
AVS thread: Lightspace & Custom Color Patch Set & Gamma Calibration on Panasonic 65VT60
post #829 of 835 Old 01-02-2016, 02:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hi, get a new battery 3V Li-ion Battery (CR-2025) for eeColors's Remote and check when you will place to have the correct polarity side inside to the remote.

When the battery has low power, it will not transmit commands to the device, while it will show 3.3V with a multimeter, it will not work.

eeColor's LED indicator which is located in the eeColor's faceplate will be light-on when there is an active connection only.

So if the blu-ray or the TV is closed, the remote will not work and OSD screen that can appear that the bottom right when you will press a button of the remote will be not displayed. The LED indicator will be disabled also.

When eeColor will detect active connection, then the LED indicator with light up (and display the active memory table number) and you will be able to use the remote also to swap memories.

If you like to turn on/off that screen you can press the yellow button from the remote.

You can look about this (or get more details) by looking the manual: http://www.displaycalibrations.com/files/eeColor_3D_LUT_Box_User_Guide.pdf

The remote when you press a button, it flashes Infrared light from it's LED. We can't see with our eyes that but smartphone's cameras are seeing it. Apple has added a Infrared Light Filter to it's camera so it will be not possible to see any Infrared light by looking thru iPhone camera.

If you see the LED from inside the camera flashing (but not bright enough), means that the remote is ok, but the battery is low.

As Mike says, load the UNITY LUT's to all slots, to reset the factory pre-loaded 1D/3D LUT tables using eeColor Application.

Here you can see where you have to click upload Unity LUTs to eeColor (with UNITY OSD labels to all memories):

You can download the TruVue Application Software Version 2 from here: http://www.displaycalibrations.com/f..._Version_2.zip

Here you can download the latest FTDI VCP CDM communication drivers for your eeColor: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

Use a USB 2.0 Port of your system and a USB 2.0 B-Bus (the same Printers or i1PRO is using for example) to connect eeColor with your PC.

post #830 of 835 Old 01-02-2016, 04:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
If your display calibrates better with YCbCr than with a RGB signal, then as far as I can tell the mobile forge thing doesn't really work. The chromecast device which does output YCbCr isn't accurate for color gamut, the Amazon Fire Stick which is accurate appear to be accurate for RGB but many displays don't do that good a job converting RGB to YCbCr (comparing to my Videoforge HDMI). I've asked the question is there any mobileforge device that's accurate for both grayscale and color gamut that outputs YCbCr and get no response. I too thought I could sell off my my Videoforge HDMI while there is still a market for it and just go with mobile forge. What actually happened is that I bought both a Chromecast stick and a Amazon Fire Stick that don't really work for one reason or another. Actually, the Fire Stick works but unless your device works well with an RGB signal then the conversion renders it less accurate than you'd want.

Quote:

I think the most likely problem is that you have already connected with Calman and that locks the eecolor to whatever memory channel it was on. So disconnect from Calman from within "Direct Display Control" and be sure that the eecolor has both input and output HDMI cables connected to devices that are turned on and working... avoiding receivers, switchers and anything else that may interfere with HDMI handshakes/signals.
post #831 of 835 Old 01-02-2016, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
if it is still not responsive, but you know the remote battery is good, hook the box up via USB to computer and open Truvue app and upload 6 LUTS (can be all Unity, doesn't matter), basically overwriting the existing LUTs...

it could be u have a corrupt LUT sitting in a slot...
Quote:
As Mike says, load the UNITY LUT's to all slots, to reset the factory pre-loaded 1D/3D LUT tables using eeColor Application.

Here you can see where you have to click upload Unity LUTs to eeColor (with UNITY OSD labels to all memories):

You can download the TruVue Application Software Version 2 from here: http://www.displaycalibrations.com/f..._Version_2.zip

Here you can download the latest FTDI VCP CDM communication drivers for your eeColor: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

Use a USB 2.0 Port of your system and a USB 2.0 B-Bus (the same Printers or i1PRO is using for example) to connect eeColor with your PC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
If your display calibrates better with YCbCr than with a RGB signal, then as far as I can tell the mobile forge thing doesn't really work. ...
Thank you all. It's a real "pile-on" of help. AVS is really great.

Jim, good caution. I'm going to calibrate with one pattern source (probably the MobileForge) and then verify gamma, saturation ramps and color checker with both. That way I can compare and see if the test patches from MobileForge vs. Lumagen make a difference. It will be interesting!
post #832 of 835 Old 01-11-2016, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

CalMAN 5.6.1 Final - Build: 2238 Released @ 11 January 2016

Release Notes

New Features

Added new 1D LUT formats for the SpectraCal Cube Generator. New formats are .txt (AJA) and .cube (Black Magic). (Ultimate)

Added HDR-10 support for Quantum Data 780 and 804 pattern generators (no 804b support at this time). This requires firmware version 15092260 or higher. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)

Added APL pattern and variable pattern size support to the Quantum Data 780 and 804 pattern generators. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)

Added support for the Astro 876/877 pattern generators which includes HDR-10 support. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)

Added the new ColorChecker Video patch set released by X-Rite in October. (All)

Added support for the NEC OEM X-Rite i1 Display Pro meter. (Ultimate)

Added support of 1D LUTs for the Murideo Prisma. Supports either .csv or .cube file formats. (Ultimate)

Changes

CalMAN now requires .NET 4.6 or higher.

CalMAN 5.6.1 now requires madVR version 0.89.17 or higher. (Professional, Ultimate)

The ‘ColorChecker’ workflow and license level have been renamed to ‘ColorMatch’. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)

Improved 3D LUT algorithms to help reduce possible banding. (Ultimate)

Added additional data point options for 1D LUTs in the CalMAN Cube Generator. (Ultimate)

Changed the default delta E threshold for Cuts and Gains AutoCal from 1.0 to 0.5. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)

Minor adjustments made to the SI Advanced workflow. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)

Minor tweaks made to the Monitor Advanced workflow. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)

Added a ColorChecker layout to the Dolby Vision workflow. (Ultimate)

Updated the Monitor Direct (EIZO/HP) workflow. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)

Updated the Color Cube (3D LUT) workflow. (Ultimate)

Updated the Dolby Vision workflow. (Ultimate)

Updated 2-point RGB calibration datapoint preset. This selection will now default to match the layout settings. (Ultimate)

Added a 10%/Peak White dataset. (All)

Resolved Issues

Resolved an issue with the Klein K-10 meter where CalMAN would use table 0 when selecting tables above 39. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)

Resolved an issue that could cause data grids to not populate on some non-English versions of Windows if the data point contained a decimal. (All)

Resolved read errors with the CR-100 and CR-250 meters that could be caused when reading near black. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)

Resolved an issue creating 3D LUT files for TVLogic displays using the SpectraCal CalMAN Cube Generator. This issue did not exist when connecting directly to a TVLogic as a display. (Ultimate)

Resolved read error with the Rev. B X-Rite i1 Display Pro meter when reading near black. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)

The ColorMatch workflow now defaults to D65 white point and not to a 5600K white point. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)

Resolved an issue for near black banding as well as overall accuracy improvements for 3D LUTs. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)

Added an exception handler for CR-100 meter. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)

Resolved an issue that could cause crashing with Dolby Vision patterns. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)

Download Links
W3Rman likes this.

post #833 of 835 Old 01-11-2016, 11:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Some of these same improvements apply to Enthusiast license level.

See the release notes for more information. http://calman.spectracal.com/release...ome-video.html
post #834 of 835 Old 02-04-2016, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just received my eeColor 3D LUT Box

Hi All,
I don't post often, but wanted to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread and learning from some obviously skilled and knowledgeable display calibrators. After some research, I decided to pull the trigger and purchase a Calman 5 Enthusiast license with a new C6 meter about a month ago (yes I'm a newbie). For my pattern generator, I went with the Mobile Forge (Fire TV) cheap solution. I own an eight year old PDP-50580HD KURO plasma, a Pioneer SC-68 receiver and Pioneer BDP-62FD Blu-ray. This TV has been a great media room TV. Unfortunately, the CMS, if you can call it that, is very limited and, according to Calman, it is all over the map in terms of gray scale and color. Doing a lot of reading, naturally, the 3D LUT was especially interesting as a means for upgrading the display's color, and the eeColor box, as an external CMS, is priced easy enough to take a chance on it. So, I purchased the box, which just arrived this afternoon. My first impressions are this device feels and looks like a quality-made product. A future wireless capability would be a great upgrade, but I digress. After reading this entire forum from end to end, I'm confident it can perform its intended function as a 3D LUT holder in my video chain. Looking forward to the experience and the practice using Calman to create the LUT and the display calibration experience in general. Thanks to all of you who have posted detailed information and instructions on how to incorporate this device into the home video chain and how to use Calman to create the 3D LUT.

Regards,
Mike
W3Rman likes this.
post #835 of 835 Old Today, 01:36 AM
AVS Special Member

CalMAN 5.6.1b - Build: 2241 Released @ 06 February 2016

Changes

Added the ST2084 Gamma formula to the Expert and Professional license levels.

Modified the logo on the Color Cube (3D LUT) Report to a CalMAN logo. (Studio, Expert, Professional, Ultimate)

Fixed an error in the SI Advanced workflow on the Grayscale &Gamma Multipoint Adjust layout. The AutoCal button no longer resets a 3D LUT if it exists. (Studio, Expert, Professional, Ultimate)

Download Links

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration