eeColor Processor - CalMAN - 3D LUTs - Page 33 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 114Likes

post #961 of 962 Old 08-27-2016, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotti View Post
There is no such thing for a displays as an srgb or an adobe icc profile. You measure the displays native performance and then each application decides how to use the displays capabilities.

In CalMAN there is a checkbox to turn ICC profiles on for the internal pattern window or for client3's patterns

Thanks again, though I am more confused. From the SpectraCal website:

"Unlike any other calibration software on the market, CalMAN Client 3 allows users to create multiple calibration profiles for each monitor. Whether you need one calibration each for two different color standards, such as Rec.709 and DCI/P3, or you want to calibrate a laptop to different lighting environments, CalMAN Client 3 is the tool for the job."

I created one profile for sRGB and one profile for Adobe RGB. As best I can tell these are ICC profiles (as I verified using the ICC Profile Inspector), specifically:

SynchMaster_2_sRGB.icm
SynchMaster_3_Adobe RGB.icm

CalMAN Client 3 allows me to switch between these profiles, as well as selecting uncalibrated. There is also a checkbox for Bypass LUT. Visually, images change as I would expect from the switching of the profiles.

Could you help me find the switch you mentioned? Could you also point me to appropriate documentation so that I do not unnecessarily waste your time? (I have been reading the help.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #962 of 962 Old 08-28-2016, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavcat View Post
"Unlike any other calibration software on the market, CalMAN Client 3 allows users to create multiple calibration profiles for each monitor. Whether you need one calibration each for two different color standards, such as Rec.709 and DCI/P3, or you want to calibrate a laptop to different lighting environments, CalMAN Client 3 is the tool for the job."
It does store different profiles, but those profiles support multiple DDC settings in the monitor as well as the graphics card 1D LUT. The only gamut volume management is the ICC profile and it is applied per application.

Quote:
Could you help me find the switch you mentioned? Could you also point me to appropriate documentation so that I do not unnecessarily waste your time? (I have been reading the help.)
attached pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ICC.png
Views:	50
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	1629009  

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement