I1 diagnostic test with i1 pro - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 03-14-2013, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello all, just received my (used) i1 pro today but the problem is whenever I try to run the i1 diagnostic test it either crashes or it doesn't detect my meter at all for whatever reason, any idea why this could be?

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-14-2013, 11:56 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 84
Same serial number on the eye one pro and the plate ?
post #3 of 13 Old 03-15-2013, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by realzven View Post

Same serial number on the eye one pro and the plate ?
Yup, I'm starting to wonder whether it has anything to with USB cable I bought to go with it as the test only seems to make any more progress at all is if I continuously reinsert it and even then it still either fails or crashes resulting in the meter not being picked up at all until reinsert the cable again

, I've read also up on here that some USB's can work better others which makes wonder all the more. In any case something or another is preventing my I1 pro being picked up properly as it doesn't seem to work with HCFR either.
post #4 of 13 Old 03-15-2013, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-90 View Post

Yup, I'm starting to wonder whether it has anything to with USB cable I bought to go with it as the test only seems to make any more progress at all is if I continuously reinsert it and even then it still either fails or crashes resulting in the meter not being picked up at all until reinsert the cable again

, I've read also up on here that some USB's can work better others which makes wonder all the more. In any case something or another is preventing my I1 pro being picked up properly as it doesn't seem to work with HCFR either.

So is the diagnostics program crashing or just failing? What OS are you using? How long is the USB cable? Have you installed the i1pro driver from Spectracal? http://store.spectracal.com/drivers-and-resources (not sure if it matters when using with another program but would not hurt to try)
post #5 of 13 Old 03-15-2013, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes View Post

So is the diagnostics program crashing or just failing? What OS are you using? How long is the USB cable? Have you installed the i1pro driver from Spectracal? http://store.spectracal.com/drivers-and-resources (not sure if it matters when using with another program but would not hurt to try)
What meant to say was sometimes when it gets up to a certain point the diagnostics test either gives my i1pro a fail on one thing or another or crashes altogether, also the USB cable is about 1.8 M in length and the OS is W7, just tried downloading the drivers you suggested btw but that doesn't really seem to do much.
post #6 of 13 Old 03-15-2013, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Do you happen to have an old XP system you can try it on? looking at the diagnostic program it has not been updated since 2008
http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?Action=support&ID=1014
post #7 of 13 Old 03-15-2013, 08:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Does the i1pro appear in Device Manager?

Another area to check is the com ports. It has to agree between the i1pro and the software.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, VideoForge HDMI II, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #8 of 13 Old 03-15-2013, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

Does the i1pro appear in Device Manager?

Another area to check is the com ports. It has to agree between the i1pro and the software.
Yeah it does, as for com ports how do I look those up? Also just tried to run the I1 pro off my main desktop and the problem are exactly same on there which again leads me believe that it could possibly be a USB cable related problem.
post #9 of 13 Old 03-15-2013, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I have heard of problems where a device was using com port even tho system said it was free so com ports is what I would check in device manager or ???

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
post #10 of 13 Old 03-15-2013, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(It wont let me edit previous post) I meant that i1 might be using a com port that is supposrd to be free but actually isn't therefore causing confusion when it tries to read port. I used to rin into this with dun modems and cell phone sync applications....

post #11 of 13 Old 03-15-2013, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 68
I1Pros have been known to be finicky about the quality of the cable used with them. I've had good results with the cable that shipped with the meter and also with a Belkin.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #12 of 13 Old 03-15-2013, 03:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodixe View Post

(It wont let me edit previous post) I meant that i1 might be using a com port that is supposrd to be free but actually isn't therefore causing confusion when it tries to read port. I used to rin into this with dun modems and cell phone sync applications....

Same here but this was an issue with Windows not reporting that it was in use by another app.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, VideoForge HDMI II, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #13 of 13 Old 03-15-2013, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post

I1Pros have been known to be finicky about the quality of the cable used with them. I've had good results with the cable that shipped with the meter and also with a Belkin.
Could I get away with using a powered USB hub with my current cable?, I've read that this method can work quite well from other people who have had issues of sorts.
Reply Display Calibration