Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKACAL View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsut View Post

Go into C:\Users\name_of_user\Documents\SpectraCal\CalMAN 5 Home Theater\CDFs, find session and delete using windows explorer (total commander etc...)
I did this but now I can't even open the sessions I that didn't delete. However, all the sessions still show up like Ted said. 

Another simple thing also which must be fixed also... when you want to open 'Find Calibration Session'', the CalMAN does not remember the last directory path you used/had, and you have to go through all your drives/folders one by one each time you want to open a File from the same folder.

For example I have 10 saved sessions files saved to another harddrive inside to one folder and each time i want to open each file I have to locate each time that folder, going through every folder one-by-one...

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 86 Old 03-16-2014, 08:29 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post

Another simple thing also which must be fixed also... when you want to open 'Find Calibration Session'', the CalMAN does not remember the last directory path you used/had, and you have to go through all your drives/folders one by one each time you want to open a File from the same folder.

For example I have 10 saved sessions files saved to another harddrive inside to one folder and each time i want to open each file I have to locate each time that folder, going through every folder one-by-one...

Seems like CalMAN uses sqllite database for storing sessions located here :
!C:\ProgramData\SpectraCal\CalMAN 5 Home Theater\Data
file name is
"Calibrations.s3db"
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

Panasonic TX-P42GT50E, Oppo 103, Schiit Vali, Denon AHD2000 + Moon Audio Blue Dragon V3, Phonak Audeo 121, Vsonic GR07, Fiio E17, Cowon S9, XLO cables :: CalMAN 5 Enthusiast,Chromapure Standard, i1D3, i1Display 2, TED's Calibration Blu Ray Disc v1.0 & v1.1
post #63 of 86 Old 03-16-2014, 08:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Since we're on the subject or sessions and reports....

I asked this on the Spectracal forum but got no reply.
Why doesn't Calman 5 store the Meter, Source, and Processor info when you save a session?
Or am I doing something wrong?

thanks,
td
post #64 of 86 Old 03-16-2014, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsondave View Post

Why doesn't Calman 5 store the Meter, Source, and Processor info when you save a session?

thanks,
td

When I load up calman with my meter plugged in, my meter and blu-ray source show up automatically. I haven't used a DDC yet.

post #65 of 86 Old 03-16-2014, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:

thanks,
td

It's just a design decision. For everyone who wants it to work one way, some else wants it to work the other.

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
post #66 of 86 Old 03-16-2014, 03:10 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKACAL View Post

When I load up calman with my meter plugged in, my meter and blu-ray source show up automatically. I haven't used a DDC yet.

Right. It loads whatever meter (or simulated meter) is connected. But what if you want to compare a session done with one meter against one done with another in the past? Or print out the charts without having to connect everything.

td
post #67 of 86 Old 03-16-2014, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:

Right. It loads whatever meter (or simulated meter) is connected. But what if you want to compare a session done with one meter against one done with another in the past? Or print out the charts without having to connect everything.

td

The reports do store the hardware that was connected at the time.

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
post #68 of 86 Old 03-17-2014, 08:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could help me out.
I am using Calman 5 with a i1Pro meter on a 60" Kuro (no CMS, just a colour slider and a tint slider - for adjustments). I wanted to compare the colour accuracy of my "user" mode vs my "standard" mode. Both modes had been previously calibrated with the color and tint adjusted by use of the color/tint pattern on Spears & Munsil disk using the blue filters.
Yesterday I fired up Calman 5 and went to the "Quick Analysis" template and opened "Colour Checker".
When I compared both my "standard" vs "user" modes it was obvious that the user mode was the most accurate..... I had all colours with errors below 3 with the exception of green and magenta with were just over 5.
So, sticking with the "User " mode, I decide to adjust the colour and tint slider to the 0 position and re- took the readings again. NOW, I saw even better results across all colours.

Leaving the colour and tint slider at 0, I put the S&M colour and tint pattern up and decided to check the pattern again using the blue filter. Reading the colour and tint with the blue filter it was apparent that it was off by +2 on colour and Red3 on tint.

So what do I trust the S&M blue filters or Calman colour checker??

Any insight would be great.

Thanks

Paul
post #69 of 86 Old 03-17-2014, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 529
Calman is alot more accurate, color filters should only be used if you don't have a meter.

65VT60(Calibrated by Chad B)
55ST60(Calibrated by Chunon)
Darbee DVP5000
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast/I1Pro/I1D3
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #70 of 86 Old 03-17-2014, 10:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post

Calman is alot more accurate, color filters should only be used if you don't have a meter.

Thanks chunon, I have read that using the blue filters is not a very accurate way to adjust colour/tint for the most part. I just wanted to share/confirm my findings and make sure that I could leave my settings as they are now.

Thanks

Paul
post #71 of 86 Old 05-14-2014, 02:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, first of all thank you for your useful walkthrough. I subscribed to this forum because I have a big issue with the AVS HD pattern disc: the chapter and title of test pattern asked for by calman 5 tutorial doesn't match with those on on the pattern disc. Please help me.
post #72 of 86 Old 05-14-2014, 05:20 AM
AVS Special Member

What kind of display are you calibrating ? LCD or Plasma ?

Darbee DVP5000
post #73 of 86 Old 05-14-2014, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico Giraldi View Post

Hi, first of all thank you for your useful walkthrough. I subscribed to this forum because I have a big issue with the AVS HD pattern disc: the chapter and title of test pattern asked for by calman 5 tutorial doesn't match with those on on the pattern disc. Please help me.

get Ted's calibrations disc. I think it is free, you will pay some bucks for postage :-)
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

Panasonic TX-P42GT50E, Oppo 103, Schiit Vali, Denon AHD2000 + Moon Audio Blue Dragon V3, Phonak Audeo 121, Vsonic GR07, Fiio E17, Cowon S9, XLO cables :: CalMAN 5 Enthusiast,Chromapure Standard, i1D3, i1Display 2, TED's Calibration Blu Ray Disc v1.0 & v1.1
post #74 of 86 Old 05-14-2014, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico Giraldi View Post

Hi, try to watch these calibration videos:

http://color.spectracal.com/calibration-videos

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #75 of 86 Old 05-30-2014, 05:14 AM

Liked: 11
Thank you mate, thanks to you I have done my 1st calibration and saved a lot of time for learning! I am very pleased with my results biggrin.gif

Samsung PS64F8500, Anthem MRX 500, Dali Zensor 7.1, Apple TV 3, Sony BDPS790 Blu Ray, PS4, iDisplay Pro3, Calman 5
post #76 of 86 Old 05-30-2014, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavloPL View Post

Thank you mate, thanks to you I have done my 1st calibration and saved a lot of time for learning! I am very pleased with my results biggrin.gif

Glad you found it helpful smile.gif

My ES8000 settings, calibrated with an i1D3 and calman: Standard Mode, Movie Mode (out of date, will update soon)
CalMAN 5 Novice Walkthrough
post #77 of 86 Old 06-24-2014, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 25
How bad is the original i1Pro? i still have one, and was going to use it on my new XBR-65X900B, but I have been reading that I shouldn't be using a spectrometer for calibration anymore. Wondering is the Spectra Cal Colorimeters are really going to be that much better...

Thanks,

Y2J
post #78 of 86 Old 06-24-2014, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2JDMBFAN View Post
How bad is the original i1Pro? i still have one, and was going to use it on my new XBR-65X900B, but I have been reading that I shouldn't be using a spectrometer for calibration anymore. Wondering is the Spectra Cal Colorimeters are really going to be that much better...

Thanks,

Y2J
Where in the world have you been reading this? By all means, get a colorimeter, but use your I1Pro to profile the colorimeter to your display. You'll have the accuracy of the spectro with the low-light sensitivity and speed of the colorimeter.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #79 of 86 Old 06-24-2014, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico Giraldi View Post
Nico, I haven't used the AVS HD disc with CalMAN in quite some time, but at one time you needed a specific version of the disc. CalMAN would make its pattern calls based on that particular version, and newer AVS HD versions didn't match up. I believe 1.3 is the needed version of the disc.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #80 of 86 Old 06-24-2014, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
Where in the world have you been reading this? By all means, get a colorimeter, but use your I1Pro to profile the colorimeter to your display. You'll have the accuracy of the spectro with the low-light sensitivity and speed of the colorimeter.
Well, I guess I meant, can I use the i1pro and Calman5 with reasonably good results? Is the only pitfall of the spectrometer the low light measuring abilities?
post #81 of 86 Old 06-24-2014, 04:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotti View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by ZKACAL 

Great post! So why do plasmas need the Window instead of Field patterns? And if you only do a 2pt, can you choose absolute or does it have to be on relative greyscale?

Plasma Displays start to dim, the more fully lit pixels it displays. Using windows minimizes this dimming. Using constant APL patterns is even a step better.

If you are only doing a 2 point, you only have relative control, so we'd recommend only looking at relative RGB balance.
Does anyone have particularly good APL patterns they recommend using? I have heard the AVS709 ones aren't the best for Panasonic plasmas as an example...?
post #82 of 86 Old 06-24-2014, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2JDMBFAN View Post
Well, I guess I meant, can I use the i1pro and Calman5 with reasonably good results? Is the only pitfall of the spectrometer the low light measuring abilities?
Pretty much. There are some displays with very spiky spectral characteristics that I1Pros have issues with, but for most CRT, plasma, LCD, they work well. When it comes to doing the current 3D cube LUT calibrations featuring hundreds or thousands of readings, profiled colorimeters are preferred for their measuring speed and for the fact that they don't require repeated dark readings the way that the I1Pro does.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."

Last edited by Rolls-Royce; 06-24-2014 at 09:49 PM.
post #83 of 86 Old 06-26-2014, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjodotcom View Post
Does anyone have particularly good APL patterns they recommend using? I have heard the AVS709 ones aren't the best for Panasonic plasmas as an example...?
Something in the 5% to 7% range works best IMO, hard to find that size on a disk for Calman. Mascoir's disc has the patterns you need but it optimized for Chrompure. Not sure what software you have ?

Darbee DVP5000
post #84 of 86 Old 07-04-2014, 06:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Just got Calman today, been using HCFR with an i1 display pro up until now. I am curious how I can hook my OPPO 103 BD player to my PC for automation when calibrating. I use the AVSHD 709 disc with it.

James Reid:D
post #85 of 86 Old 07-04-2014, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 20
You got to use a USB or wifi connection.
post #86 of 86 Old 11-18-2014, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavinwow View Post

Glad you found it helpful
Thx very helped me to calibrate my sony 55W829B
Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page