Please help in calibrating Pioneer Kuro KRP-500m... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-31-2013, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello everyone,

I just bought a KRP-500m from a local seller. I am very anxious to set it up and calibrate it to the best of my ability. I wanted to first enable the ISF Modes and calibrate those for all my viewing. I didn't want to use ControlCal and patch the firmware, so I used the KuroControl program a member here created which switches the model to the European model enabling the ISF modes without patching the firmware. However, I can't seem to get any help with this program.

I was successful in enabling the ISF modes, but I am not sure if the picture settings I entered into the KuroControl program actually translated to the display.

The biggest problem is that when I select, say, "ISF Day" I cannot access or change any setting through the menu. They are all grayed out. Is this normal? How can I be sure that the display settings are set correctly if I cannot even enter into the "Advanced" menu or check the color settings?

And what if I want to use a meter to calibrate the set further? If I can't access the adjustments through the menu, how can I do it?

Is there a way to enable the ISF modes and then enter the picture adjustments through the regular remote and on screen menu?

I have asked several different sources on the internet and I am not getting any responses. I would greatly appreciate if someone on this forum could help me out here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-31-2013, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 320
I suspect that most of the pros and advanced DIY calibrators that hang out here would be like me in that we have experience with ControlCal but not KuroControl.
I can't comment on how KuroControl works, but I can say it's normal that once the ISF modes are activated you can't change them with the remote. That's by design; they're "locked" to prevent them from getting messed up.
The ISF modes are designed to be calibrated with the software (I use ControlCal) rather than the remote.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-31-2013, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad B View Post

I suspect that most of the pros and advanced DIY calibrators that hang out here would be like me in that we have experience with ControlCal but not KuroControl.
I can't comment on how KuroControl works, but I can say it's normal that once the ISF modes are activated you can't change them with the remote. That's by design; they're "locked" to prevent them from getting messed up.
The ISF modes are designed to be calibrated with the software (I use ControlCal) rather than the remote.

Oh, okay. I understand. I thought I broke something or set it up wrong.

I haven't used ControlCal. I might try that to see if I could calibrate it that way.
post #4 of 4 Old 03-31-2013, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 38
In order to change the values in the ISF modes, you need to physically use KuroControl or ControlCal to make the changes. You cannot use the remote to make changes to these modes. Hope this helps....
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page