Does anybody know how to change these colour settings in this Sony Service Menu? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-21-2013, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter
e08

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
(not sure if this should go into the TV section or the calibration section as I'm trying to use these settings to calibrate)

I have a Sony KDL-55HX925 (the Aus version of USA HX929), and have finally been able to get into the service menu, information on this line (HX92x) is pretty scarce. I've use a service manual from a different Sony TV to learn the basic remote controls so I can navigate around the menu.

My problem is, I can't figure out how to adjust the bottom three controls in the lower image:

Does anyone on here (maybe a professional?) have experience with this service menu that could explain how to adjust these settings? They appear on the bottom of everything in the "0003 SG_PE" menu. I've seen images of other Sony service menus and they are all very user friendly, with obvious options to change white balance gains and cuts, and colour temperature controls. I'm assuming these bottom three options are said colour controls, and I'd love to be able to access them as my Picture Options in the user menu has no CMS and only one universal White Balance control (no 10p options for me).

I have some more photos of the Service Menu if that would help.

Regards, Hayden.

~ Hayden

Sorry for any typos or bad grammar, I am Dyslexic.

Sony XBR-HX929, Sony Playstation 3 (Slim 160GB), i1 Display Pro OEM, CalMAN Enthusiast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-21-2013, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 61
With only 3 entries, one per color, they probably have nothing to do with CMS or even color/tint. Anything that controlled CMS or color/tint would have at least 2 controls per color and possibly 3 per color. I'd forget trying to adjust them, since doing so might royally bugger your set.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #3 of 3 Old 04-21-2013, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter
e08

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
On the third row, it says "006 _SG_HFR_R_LV", there are other entries that end in "B_LV" and "GW_LV" (I assume they mean Red Level, Blue Level etc) and there are also 3 other entries referring to R, GW and B. I can only assume these are some sort of crude CMS controls, as I know most other Sony service menus have them. So thats 6 entries that have 3 controls each, that sure sounds like a CMS to me.

I agree that messing with service menu settings can ruin something, but writing down the default values are not writing changes to the memory will (most of the time) save you. The service menu is the only way to change colour settings on most recent Sony TV's (and many other sets you can in the SM), so I'm determined to try to see if I can do what others can. It's just that this SM is the most crude I've seen on any recent Sony set. Cheaper models have friendlier, easier to use, menus, go figure.

Hayden.

~ Hayden

Sorry for any typos or bad grammar, I am Dyslexic.

Sony XBR-HX929, Sony Playstation 3 (Slim 160GB), i1 Display Pro OEM, CalMAN Enthusiast.
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page