post #31 of 37 Old 05-06-2013, 01:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

if you're going to check a few things out, ...

not sure if you are willing to do all that, but doing even 2-3 of those could shed some useful insights for those wondering how important the dark cals are and how they should be done in terms of balancing convenience vs. ideal practices... at least for an EEFL LCD

Unfortunately, my DVR backlog is probably going to keep me busy past the end of the season. I'll be lucky to find time to do a regular calibration, but I will check to see if using the black cap will work ... I suspect it will either work or it will throw an error.

To be honest, I'd just as soon use the i1Pro to profile something that doesn't need the periodic dark calibrations, but I haven't gotten that far ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 05-06-2013, 01:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

On the i1pro2 it definitely does matter that you use the white tile.

Did I read somewhere that the Pro2 actually has the tile attached to the meter, or am I hallucinating again?
post #33 of 37 Old 05-06-2013, 03:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVChallenged View Post

Quote:

On the i1pro2 it definitely does matter that you use the white tile.

Did I read somewhere that the Pro2 actually has the tile attached to the meter, or am I hallucinating again?

No, it's not attached.

For i1PRO1 the original base plate was required for reflectance measurements, or for running the X-Rite Diagnistics Software, but for emissive measurements, only an opaque surface that don't let light through was required.

Now i1PRO2 features a Built-in wavelength calibration technology and it's using the white tile to automatically self diagnose and correct for small shifts doing a mechanical alignment (of the 41 10nm increments binned from 128 sensors) based on that white's tile reflectance reading.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #34 of 37 Old 05-06-2013, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post

No, it's not attached.

For i1PRO1 the original base plate was required for reflectance measurements, or for running the X-Rite Diagnistics Software, but for emissive measurements, only an opaque surface that don't let light through was required.

Now i1PRO2 features a Built-in wavelength calibration technology and it's using the white tile to automatically self diagnose and correct for small shifts doing a mechanical alignment (of the 41 10nm increments binned from 128 sensors) based on that white's tile reflectance reading.

that's what I remember reading a while back
post #35 of 37 Old 05-06-2013, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No, it's not attached.

Thanks for clearing that up. Upon further reflection, I believe it's the ColorMunki spectro that has the target built in.
post #36 of 37 Old 05-06-2013, 12:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:

No, it's not attached.

Would you happen to know if the self calibration is internal to the i1pro2 or does it rely on either drivers or code in the user software. In other words, if used in legacy mode, you don't get the benefit of this self calibration.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #37 of 37 Old 05-06-2013, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 505
Quote:

Quote:

No, it's not attached.

Would you happen to know if the self calibration is internal to the i1pro2 or does it rely on either drivers or code in the user software. In other words, if used in legacy mode, you don't get the benefit of this self calibration.

You loose the mechanical alignment using Legacy Drivers.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page