ColorMunki Display or OEM I1 Display Pro? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-30-2013, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was leaning towards purchasing a OEM I1 Display Pro, but then I found out about the ColorMunki Display which is essentially the same hardware... but doesn't have the 5x faster readings that the I1 Display Pro has. Since I am already having a hard time convincing my wife that a colorimeter is a good investment (she thinks the picture looks good enough), saving $100 with the ColorMunki Display seems like a good deal. For software, it looks like HCFR is my only choice to use with the ColorMunki Display.

Does anyone have experience with the ColorMunki Display and HCFR? Does it work well for you? Given how infrequently I am likely to use it, I am willing to give up some speed in exchange for $ savings.

The devices I want to calibrate are... Panasonic S60 Plasma, Epson Front Projector, an LCD, and possibly a CRT. As a bonus, the software the comes with the ColorMunki Display would let me calibrate my computer monitor as well.

Just trying to determine if there are any significant downsides to going with the ColorMunki Display beyond the 5x slower speed and the limited software choices.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2013, 06:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Works great with HCFR.

The speed is equal to the id3 "using hcfr" because the developers had to slow the id3 down to get more accurate readings down low in the ire patterns.So in essense they are basically equal.

So if you want to save money the colormunki is the best bang for your buck.

Just remember it only works with HCFR so if you want to later on use the other software programs than your better off getting the id3 as it compatible with those programs.

Samsung 60F8500
Panasonic 55GT30
Panasonic BDT310
PS3 (PS4 coming soon)
Sony STR-DG1000 AVR
Mirage Omnisat V2 7.1 set up with Energy S10 Sub
Old 04-30-2013, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Liked: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLewis View Post

The speed is equal to the id3 "using hcfr" because the developers had to slow the id3 down to get more accurate readings down low in the ire patterns.So in essense they are basically equal.

The display pro (d3) is considerably faster above 20% stimulus than the colormunki in HCFR but not a big deal for short pattern sequences like grayscale and primaries/secondaries.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:47 PM

Liked: 15
The X-Rite EODIS3 i1Display Pro is $171 at Amazon right now. Make sure to choose one sold by Amazon. The price goes down at the checkout screen.

Thanks to Mavinwow over at ES8000 thread for finding this deal.

http://www.amazon.com/X-Rite-EODIS3-i1Display-Pro/dp/B0055MBQOW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368056684&sr=8-1&keywords=i1Display+Pro
Old 05-23-2013, 12:49 PM

Liked: 10
First of all sorry for my english,
I have buy a colormunki display to calibrate my plasma tv but after the shipment I have read in the argyll site:
"Note though that the ColorMunki Display is unable to measure the refresh period, so is less repeatable in this mode than the i1Display Pro."
Please can you tell me what means in the real world ?
I have to send the sensor back to the seller ?
Can use it with some trick or correction table or something else to correct the problem?

Thank to all.