MadVR - ArgyllCMS - Page 116 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 195Likes
post #3451 of 3452 Unread Today, 10:24 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by petoulachi View Post
I'm still having problem with white after calibration (using a test video for white pattern, the 240-255 range blinks in a pink color ?!).
The 3D LUT will try to hue correct WTW if present I think, but it might be that one or several of the channels are already clipping at that point, which can lead to color casts in the WTW range like you've observed. The only way around that is to clip WTW entirely. Argyll 1.7 introduced an option for this, and in DCG it can be used by setting 3D LUT input encoding to "TV RGB 16-235 (clip WTW)".

Quote:
Originally Posted by petoulachi View Post
What am I supposed to do with whitepoint setting ? in fact I had stupidly take the screenshot values with x and y but I'm pretty sure I have to set my own value ?
If you've used the madVR preset, the whitepoint chromaticity coordinates will be set for D65 white, so there's no need to change those. If you've already adjusted the display you may want to uncheck "Interactive display adjustment" to skip that step.

DCG (dispcalGUI) - Graphical front-end for Argyll CMS display calibration and characterization
Current stable version 3.0

Last edited by fhoech; Today at 10:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3452 of 3452 Unread Today, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Sorry about the repost from eecolor, thought perhaps I was in the wrong forum there to answer this noob question.
When I adjust the patch size to 10% for plasma calibration in madtpg and start calman calibration the patch on the extended screen......resizes immediately to 100%.
What am I doing wrong?

Help much appreciated, T.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration