Originally Posted by nw06
Admittedly, it has been a while since I looked at this, but when I was trying to trouble shoot the raised black levels generated by the 3dlut, I noticed that my black level readings in the log seemed to be very inconsistent. One reading would be correct at 0.003cdm2 (Panasonic VT60), while others would vary wildly and up to 0.15 cdm2. This surely would contribute to the less than optimal result I was seeing.
I am using an i1DisplayPro, so it's reading ability and repeatability should not be the issue.
I presume the preceding lighter patch readings are contaminating the black patch readings? Is there any way I can specify the correct black level manually? Or can I fiddle with the patch reading intervals/order somehow to avoid the contamination between patches?
I wouldn't rule out your meter, or not using a long enough delay.
Also how you do your pre calibration for your VT60 may also be part of you problem.
Last night I did two meter profiles using ChromaSurf for profiling the K10-A to the Jeti 1211, and then inputting my new profiles into the K10's internal memory. Also check the data reports on the two profiles to see witch profile I thought was better.
Using my VT60 that my meters where profiled off of.
Using Argyll and gwgill's posted manual fix (script), ran a custom made 9405 point patch set using the tools in Argyll to make the patch set.
I used BT.1886 2.4 to make this 3DLUT.
The black level, this time came out exactly were I expected it to.
You can use this measurement report to compare with yours.
PM me if you need some suggestion's on how I set up my VT60
Click on the link, download the 493 point measurement report, open it with your browser (Internet explorer, Google, ect).
ps, Ted. As I usual do when I run a profile, used ChromaSurf to do a black level calibration on my K10. So as It turns out not having Argyll or CM do a black level calibration had nothing to do with my slight black level issue that is fixxed now.