Forum Jump: 
 23Likes

post #2521 of 2527 Old 08-12-2014, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thumbs up 3DLUT report

madshi, msdVR is installed as well as the DispacalGUI and madTPG on the same PC. I do not remember the order of running the dispcalGUI and madTPG.
However, I have successfully created the 3DLUT following the guide.
I will share the workaround and some measurements charts.
First, I have installed the latest dispcalGUI (beta).
Then I have figured out that I have missed the "Dark region emphasis" change while creating the testchart - it was 0% on mine.
So I created the new testchart with 20% "Dark region emphasis" and passed the measurements without a problem.
I have rolled back to the 2.1 latest stable dispcalGUI and ran the same calibration again - passed it. But now I got an error during the profiling process : "Error - test_crt returned error code 3 ".
I do not know what that error means, so I have just restated the profiling and in a couple of hours it has passed successfully.
3DLUT was created with no issues.

So here are some charts from my setup :PC with AMD HD7970 -> Anthem MRX 300 -> JVC X30 (no CMS) -> Carada 96' Criterion Brilliant White Projection Screen.
All the measurements were taken with DTP-94 color meter with ColorHCFR with AVS HD 709 patterns (MP4).
The screenshots on the left are the measurements of the hardware calibrated projector without the 3DLUT. The screenshots on the right are the same projector with the created and applied 3DLUT on madVR.

Greyscale:

Primaries:

Luminance:

Gamma:

RGB:

Color temperatures:

CIE diagramm:

As you can see the grey scale delta E was decreased but the delta E of the primaries/secondaries was in fact increased but still to the acceptable level.
The gamma was increased as well. Overall the results with the 3DLUT applied are polished more than expected and the charts are almost flat.
The primaries/secondaries delta E might be the price paid for that.
Since I have used the controllers on my projector to calibrate it prior to the dispcalGUI calibration, I am curious to see how accurate is the dispcalGUI calibration and the madVR with 3DLUT on the less calibrated devices.

madshi and all the involved souls, thank you for the amazing work and the great tools you share with us. Thumbs UP !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2522 of 2527 Old 08-12-2014, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 257
IceB.

If you are using Argyll/dispcal, you may want to use the measurement report found in dispcal>Tools.

I use the xl.ti1, measures 490 points.

ss
post #2523 of 2527 Old 08-15-2014, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
If you are using Argyll/dispcal, you may want to use the measurement report found in dispcal>Tools.
Could we please establish that when talking about "dispcal", we should refer to the Argyll CMS dispcal.exe command line utility, and when talking about dispcalGUI, we refer to dispcalGUI (obviously)? Things get really confusing otherwise . If you don't want to type out "dispcalGUI" and want a (even) shorter form, I propose the abbreviation "DCG" (or "dcGUI", probably a little more concise).

--

On another note, I've updated the dispcalGUI Beta snapshot to 2.1.1.5. This continues the moderate visual overhaul I've started to give the user interface in 2.1.1.4, already has support for upcoming Argyll CMS 1.7 features (provisional), and I'm aiming for a stable release soon. Until then, feel free to try the snapshot (changes from last stable release) if you want. If you used the 0install setup, you can switch over to the "testing" version to get the snapshot. Alternatively, download a standalone version of the snapshot (for Windows) as zipfile.
post #2524 of 2527 Old 08-15-2014, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhoech View Post
Could we please establish that when talking about "dispcal", we should refer to the Argyll CMS dispcal.exe command line utility, and when talking about dispcalGUI, we refer to dispcalGUI (obviously)? Things get really confusing otherwise . If you don't want to type out "dispcalGUI" and want a (even) shorter form, I propose the abbreviation "DCG" (or "dcGUI", probably a little more concise).
Now I am confused.

So is the proper way to refer to what I posted above, dispcalGUI. Leave Argyll CMS out.
Or should I have said, Argyll CMS dispcal.exe command line utility when referring to dispcalGUI.?

ss
post #2525 of 2527 Old 08-16-2014, 05:49 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
So is the proper way to refer to what I posted above, dispcalGUI.
Yes, that's what I meant (my remark wasn't aimed at you specifically, more as general comment. In your above post it was apparent that you meant dispcalGUI).
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page