post #2761 of 2777 Old 10-14-2014, 08:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 23
new collink options

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhoech View Post
Please Florian, could you provide the list of collink options for such kind of settings?

in particular: Apply tone response curve (custom 22 rel), and black output offset %

Many thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3dlut maker.PNG
Views:	29
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	311050  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2762 of 2777 Old 10-14-2014, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukulcan View Post
Please Florian, could you provide the list of collink options for such kind of settings?

in particular: Apply tone response curve (custom 22 rel), and black output offset %

Many thanks
Here goes:
  • Rec.1886 (input offset) with technical (absolute) gamma 2.4 is
    Code:
    collink -IB
  • Custom Rec.1886-like (input offset) with technical (absolute) gamma g.g is
    Code:
    collink -IB:g.g
  • Custom Rec.1886-like (input offset) with effective (relative) gamma g.g is
    Code:
    collink -Ib:g.g
  • Custom with output offset p.p with effective (relative) gamma g.g is
    Code:
    collink -Ib:p.p:g.g
    (note this is only available when using current Argyll CMS 1.7 beta development sources). Valid p.p range is 0.0 to 1.0.

Last edited by fhoech; 10-14-2014 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Added [code] tags to prevent collink options being parsed as smilies
post #2763 of 2777 Old 10-14-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Here goes:
  • Custom with output offset p.p with effective (relative) gamma g.g is
    Code:
    collink -Ib:p.p:g.g
    (note this is only available when using current Argyll CMS 1.7 beta development sources). Valid p.p range is 0.0 to 1.0.
oh thanks! Codes above are still missing in ArgyllCMS guide (of course since it's a beta)
post #2764 of 2777 Old 10-14-2014, 05:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
oh thanks! Codes above are still missing in ArgyllCMS guide (of course since it's a beta)
But are listed in the executable usage:

collink -?
post #2765 of 2777 Old 10-15-2014, 01:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
You can follow the first post in this thread for testchart settings, just select a previous profile under "preconditioning profile" instead of Rec709.icm. That's it.

Perfect, Thank You
Both screenshots show you're creating a 3D LUT for the eeColor box. Is that intentional? I thought you were using madVR? Otherwise the settings look fine.

I'm doing both, currently im testing my eecolor

I suspect a levels scaling issue.

I tend to agree, however when I test using CalMAN the output seems to be correct, is there a way I can display a pattern with either flashing bars or with a fixed level of lets say 12 - 16 - 20 (any number would do as long there it one under 16, 16 and one over 16)-to ensure if i turn up contrast that I can see the one BTB-i.e ensuring BTB is passed.

Several. A rough indicator if anything has gone wrong during profiling or measurements is the self check error reported after creation (seemed to be OK in your case though [sorry mistook sanderdvd's post for one of yours, so definitely take a look at the self-check error]). Another is to check if what the profile predicts is in line with what you actually measure, e.g. run a measurement report on the profile (select one of the "verify_*.t1" charts, disable simulation profile, make sure that any 3D LUT is disabled, and set target profile to the profile you want to check).

is the attached LOG file of any help, Im not sure what you mean by the "self-check error" or where to find it
Additional would it be possible to add a function on the "Create Colorimeter Correction" popup. so when the correction is created, you can press a button that validate the profile (by new separate measurement of WRGB) from both spectro and colorimeter? maybe even give you a detailed log of the comparison, this could contain, ΔE 2000, ΔE 1994 L*:±, ΔE 1994 Sat:± & ΔE 1994 Hue:± etc.

Thank you for your help
Attached Files
File Type: zip Dispcal Profile 2014-10-11 00 18 S XYZLUT+MTX 2527 Patches.zip (4.5 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by ACappo; 10-15-2014 at 01:42 AM.
post #2766 of 2777 Old 10-15-2014, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwgill View Post
But are listed in the executable usage:

collink -?
No Graeme, please give a look at it, this string is missing: Ib:p.p:g.g. No other clues that indicate how to fix the output offset percentage (p:p). I looked at it, that's why I asked to Florian...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IB.PNG
Views:	29
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	312482  

Last edited by Kukulcan; 10-15-2014 at 04:29 AM.
post #2767 of 2777 Old 10-15-2014, 05:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
No Graeme, please give a look at it, this string is missing: Ib.p:g.g. No other clues that indicate how to fix the output offset percentage (p). I looked at it, that's why I asked to Florian...
You are using V1.6.4 then. I'm pretty sure that V1.7.0 beta shows this:

Code:
 -I B           Use BT.1886 source EOTF with technical gamma 2.4
 -I b:g.g       Use BT.1886-like source EOTF with effective gamma g.g
 -I b:p.p:g.g   Use effective gamma g.g source EOTF with p.p prop. output black point offset
 -I g:g.g       Use effective gamma g.g source EOTF with all output black point offset
(not all possible combinations, but the useful ones), and the full documentation is in the source code archive.
post #2768 of 2777 Old 10-15-2014, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
As far as I've been able to determine, Hi-Res mode rarely does any hard, and may do some good, but it's up to you. Adaptive has nothing to do with the wavelength resolution.
The serial number on my white ref plate doesn't match with serial number on i1 pro device. In my case, should I use Hi-Res mode at all?
post #2769 of 2777 Old 10-15-2014, 07:35 AM

Quote:
You are using V1.6.4 then. I'm pretty sure that V1.7.0 beta shows this:
Oh yes, I checked now, I have 1.6.3. I downloaded 1.7 binaries from a folder link you posted, but it didn't contain the new beta collink.
post #2770 of 2777 Old 10-15-2014, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACappo View Post
I tend to agree, however when I test using CalMAN the output seems to be correct, is there a way I can display a pattern with either flashing bars or with a fixed level of lets say 12 - 16 - 20 (any number would do as long there it one under 16, 16 and one over 16)-to ensure if i turn up contrast that I can see the one BTB-i.e ensuring BTB is passed.
As I said, running a measurement report will (among other things) tell you where your black level is at.

Quote:
is the attached LOG file of any help, Im not sure what you mean by the "self-check error" or where to find it
The self-check error is displayed after the profile is created. From the log it looks fine: peak err = 1.507234, avg err = 0.279931, RMS = 0.348581

Quote:
Additional would it be possible to add a function on the "Create Colorimeter Correction" popup. so when the correction is created, you can press a button that validate the profile (by new separate measurement of WRGB) from both spectro and colorimeter? maybe even give you a detailed log of the comparison, this could contain, ΔE 2000, ΔE 1994 L*:±, ΔE 1994 Sat:± & ΔE 1994 Hue:± etc.
I'd like to not complicate the colorimeter correction creation workflow unnecessarily.
post #2771 of 2777 Old 10-15-2014, 08:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallengt View Post
The serial number on my white ref plate doesn't match with serial number on i1 pro device. In my case, should I use Hi-Res mode at all?

It won't matter, you could use a black matt surface for the dark calibration "Rather" than the tile plate.

Serialised device and plate is for recertification purpose as the initial factory measurements are set with the same serial'd plate, only problem you may have is when/if you get it re-certified there may be an extra cost involved to have both re-match/re-serialised.
post #2772 of 2777 Old 10-15-2014, 01:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
That would tilt things more towards not using it if it's an i1pro2, since the reflective calibration curve is used to improve the up-sampling accuracy.
post #2773 of 2777 Old 10-16-2014, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois76l View Post
@sanderdvd
Look at my gammut on my x35. The primary green is not good but all the secondary colors are exactly where they should be. This is why 3dlut is so powerful.
My primary red is not well calibrate because someone opened the door during my calibration. GRrr.... I have to make a new one.
My chc (for hcfr colorimeter) is in the zip file.
Believe me, you can have excellent results with DispCalGUI and ArgyllCMS.

Thanks for your reply. This looks indeed a little bit like the screenshot I posted (STANDARD WITH 3DLUT file used) although my green at 100% is even more off then yours. I ll try to do a measurement like yours tonight (with 25, 50 and 75% also) and report the results back.
You have any idea where I can find 25, 50 and 75% patterns for colors? They are not presented on the AVS709 disc.
post #2774 of 2777 Old 10-19-2014, 05:43 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
That would tilt things more towards not using it if it's an i1pro2, since the reflective calibration curve is used to improve the up-sampling accuracy.
How about i1 pro 1? does it make any difference?

Anyway my original question is in high res mode, is the right white ref 'plate' a must? I understand the serial numbers should match for accurate reflective measurements but for display or emissive measurements, it doesn't matter, I just ain't so sure about Hi-res mode though.

Last edited by fallengt; 10-19-2014 at 05:57 AM.
post #2775 of 2777 Old 10-19-2014, 03:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
How about i1 pro 1? does it make any difference?
It may work fine (even on the i1pro2), but I've never tried such a thing.
Quote:
Anyway my original question is in high res mode, is the right white ref 'plate' a must? I understand the serial numbers should match for accurate reflective measurements but for display or emissive measurements, it doesn't matter, I just ain't so sure about Hi-res mode though.
As I indicate above, neither am I. It's not normal to have mismatches reference plates, so the impact of that on the Hi-res calibration is not something I have investigated.
post #2776 of 2777 Old 10-20-2014, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois76l View Post
There are 3 possible HTPC level configurations, when using madVR:

1- Display wants 0-255. GPU and madVR are consequently also both set to 0-255.
This is the most recommended setup because it doesn't (shouldn't) have any banding problems, and still has all video, desktop and games with correct black/white levels. In this case test patterns need to have black at 0,0,0, obviously.

2- Display wants 16-235. GPU is set to 16-235. madVR has to be set to 0-255.
This is not recommended, because the GPU stretches the madVR output, probably in 8bit without dithering, so banding could be introduced.

3- Display wants 16-235. GPU is set to 0-255. madVR is set to 16-235.
This is the recommended setup for best image quality if your display can't do 0-255. This setup results in banding-free madVR image quality. However, levels for desktop and games will be incorrect, because desktop and games will render black at 0,0,0, while the display expects black at 16,16,16.

So you are on case 3 as me for my ST50
I've just tried a display calibration with options "white level drift compensation" and "black level drift compensation" and I can now see the blanking bars from 6 to 237
So maybe one of those options shouldn't be use. I will try a new calibration tonight.

Got a little bit confused here.

I ve been using dispcalGUI default
input 16-235
output 16-235
madvr display properties 0-255

These are monitor over displayports so 0-255 I believe, are these setting right?
post #2777 of 2777 Old 10-22-2014, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Has anyone successfully calibrated an LG OLED TV with this guide?

I tried, but didn't get good results, any ideas what i have to change to get better results with oled? (because of its blacklevel and extensive use of ABL)

these are my setting atm:

Is it right to use the correction with my i1display pro?

What should i change in the testchart?

Last edited by Sunset1982; Yesterday at 05:09 AM.
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page