68Likes

post #2851 of 2855 Old 12-12-2014, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zermak View Post
Truly sorry, I meant "artifact removal" under processing.
Debanding? I don't remember where debanding runs in the chain but it is meant to remove banding in the source, not banding introduced by a step in madVR. madVR's 16-253 YUV to 0-255 RGB does not introduce any banding with dithering on.

It does not cause banding to go from limited YCbCr to full range RGB if you use enough precision (and limited to limited has banding without >8bit as well):
ITU-R BT.601 conversion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2852 of 2855 Old 12-19-2014, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Hi,

I don't no were to address this problem, Argyll or madVR, so I'm writing in this thread.
Using the latest build of madVR v0.87.11. When running ccxxmake with madVR as a pattern generator and i1pro2 + i1d3 as meters, ccxxmake always crashes without any notice while displaying the patches to evaluate the pattern delay with the i1pro2. It happens with command line and DispcalUI.
Dispread runs flawless with the madVR TPG and ccxxmake runs without any problems using the pattern generator of argyll.

Any ideas what could be wrong?
Thanks!
post #2853 of 2855 Old 12-19-2014, 03:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFaxe View Post
Hi,

I don't no were to address this problem, Argyll or madVR, so I'm writing in this thread.
Using the latest build of madVR v0.87.11. When running ccxxmake with madVR as a pattern generator and i1pro2 + i1d3 as meters, ccxxmake always crashes without any notice while displaying the patches to evaluate the pattern delay with the i1pro2. It happens with command line and DispcalUI.
Dispread runs flawless with the madVR TPG and ccxxmake runs without any problems using the pattern generator of argyll.

Thanks!
I'm having similar issues when trying to create a ccmx with my i1pro2 with an instrument disconnection error just before the patches start, I only managed to eventually create a matrix by being very quick in removing the pro2 from the white tile back to the display and accepting the prompts quickly, this was with MadTPG and the process fully completed.

You could try a USB analyser to investigate further or contact Graeme.

Last edited by -Hitman-; 12-19-2014 at 04:03 PM.
post #2854 of 2855 Old 12-20-2014, 02:26 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFaxe View Post
Hi,

Thanks!
It makes no difference for the resulting matrix that You use madVR or the pattern generator as display device. Just use argyll patterns.
I also had errors using the madtpg window for matrix generation. I suspect it also has some correlation to how many "frames presented in advance", as it can extend measurement time if set high (and possibly (?) cause some sort of sync failure).
post #2855 of 2855 Old Today, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone tried creating a 3D LUT for a JVC DLA-HD990 with any pre-3D Lut calibration tips? Seems these projectors need a LOT of patches due to the non-linearity of the CMS - even 4500 is not enough for these beasts. Running this many does help, but there's a lot of work still to do. There is certainly enough colorspace for the LUT to work - the 100% points can be set perfectly, or one can try calibrating to 75% instead - both methods have knock on effects at the inner points however and the errors are large enough to be visible. Any tips appreciated. Currently trying to do as little as possible with the built in controls.
Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page