68Likes
post #2851 of 2880 Old 12-12-2014, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zermak View Post
Truly sorry, I meant "artifact removal" under processing.
Debanding? I don't remember where debanding runs in the chain but it is meant to remove banding in the source, not banding introduced by a step in madVR. madVR's 16-253 YUV to 0-255 RGB does not introduce any banding with dithering on.

It does not cause banding to go from limited YCbCr to full range RGB if you use enough precision (and limited to limited has banding without >8bit as well):
ITU-R BT.601 conversion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2852 of 2880 Old 12-19-2014, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Hi,

I don't no were to address this problem, Argyll or madVR, so I'm writing in this thread.
Using the latest build of madVR v0.87.11. When running ccxxmake with madVR as a pattern generator and i1pro2 + i1d3 as meters, ccxxmake always crashes without any notice while displaying the patches to evaluate the pattern delay with the i1pro2. It happens with command line and DispcalUI.
Dispread runs flawless with the madVR TPG and ccxxmake runs without any problems using the pattern generator of argyll.

Any ideas what could be wrong?
Thanks!
post #2853 of 2880 Old 12-19-2014, 03:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFaxe View Post
Hi,

I don't no were to address this problem, Argyll or madVR, so I'm writing in this thread.
Using the latest build of madVR v0.87.11. When running ccxxmake with madVR as a pattern generator and i1pro2 + i1d3 as meters, ccxxmake always crashes without any notice while displaying the patches to evaluate the pattern delay with the i1pro2. It happens with command line and DispcalUI.
Dispread runs flawless with the madVR TPG and ccxxmake runs without any problems using the pattern generator of argyll.

Thanks!
I'm having similar issues when trying to create a ccmx with my i1pro2 with an instrument disconnection error just before the patches start, I only managed to eventually create a matrix by being very quick in removing the pro2 from the white tile back to the display and accepting the prompts quickly, this was with MadTPG and the process fully completed.

You could try a USB analyser to investigate further or contact Graeme.

Last edited by -Hitman-; 12-19-2014 at 04:03 PM.
post #2854 of 2880 Old 12-20-2014, 02:26 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFaxe View Post
Hi,

Thanks!
It makes no difference for the resulting matrix that You use madVR or the pattern generator as display device. Just use argyll patterns.
I also had errors using the madtpg window for matrix generation. I suspect it also has some correlation to how many "frames presented in advance", as it can extend measurement time if set high (and possibly (?) cause some sort of sync failure).
post #2855 of 2880 Old 12-23-2014, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Anyone tried creating a 3D LUT for a JVC DLA-HD990 with any pre-3D Lut calibration tips? Seems these projectors need a LOT of patches due to the non-linearity of the CMS - even 4500 is not enough for these beasts. Running this many does help, but there's a lot of work still to do. There is certainly enough colorspace for the LUT to work - the 100% points can be set perfectly, or one can try calibrating to 75% instead - both methods have knock on effects at the inner points however and the errors are large enough to be visible. Any tips appreciated. Currently trying to do as little as possible with the built in controls.
post #2856 of 2880 Old 12-26-2014, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hello all!
I will be trying this tonight for my HTPC with a BenQ W1070 and a ColorMMunki Display. This is for playing ripped Bluray's. Basically ISO's for 3D ones (but those I play with PowerDVD so I dont see how I will be able to use this for the 3D ones) and ripped m2ts files for the 2D Bluerays which I play with MPC so those will probably be the only ones I can use with this 3Dluts thing.
I was wondering if there are any specific recommendations based on my gear.
Thanks!

PS (I am reading as much as I can from the thread while at work as well so i am doing my part )

Mario Lemieux is GOD!
Go Pens!!!
Aguante Boca!!!
If dolphins are so smart...why do they live in igloos?
post #2857 of 2880 Old 01-02-2015, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
May I ask what kind of changes were made in ArgyllCMS 1.7.0 beta since the latest official release version 1.6.4? It performs most admirably. I have created several monitor and HDTV 1DLUT's with almost no grayscale gradient banding, a definite improvement over previous 1.6.4 or maybe I was just lucky with the latest LUT's and experienced a placebo effect..?

EDIT: I also have some trouble creating a power-law gamma @ 2.2 (PLG22) 1DLUT with ArgyllCMS 1.6.4 x86 and 1.7.0 x86 beta. The resulting LUT fully clips / crushes the first black level 1 (0-255 scale), even though my MVA monitor has rather deep blacks and 4300:1 static native contrast ratio. It is quite strange than IPS and even some TN monitors with very low CR of 1000:1 & below can handle a straight-line PLG22 curve from 10-100% IRE without any clipped black levels, while mine can't...

I know PLG22 is technically incorrect, but it does make sense to use it. The argument for BT.1886 usage for films is sound because films are mastered on TV's with excellent black levels, unlike most consumer TV's, and we don't even know which exact gamma is used to master those films, leaving BT.1886 as the best choice. Unlike film mastering displays, displays used for game development are mostly IPS monitors with poor blacks, 1000:1 contrast ratio, and PLG22 / sRGB gamma. Consumer monitors used to play games have about the same black levels and poor contrast, which means they would need to be calibrated to PLG22 instead of BT.1886 to view game content the way it was "mastered" / developed. Those monitors with lower sub-800:1 CR and even poorer blacks do need BT.1886 or else their black levels will be clipped.

Last edited by Masharak; 01-04-2015 at 05:20 AM.
post #2858 of 2880 Old 01-04-2015, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masharak View Post
May I ask what kind of changes were made in ArgyllCMS 1.7.0 beta since the latest official release version 1.6.4?
The set of executables Graeme made available in may last year mainly added support for the Klein K10 colorimeter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masharak View Post
EDIT: I also have some trouble creating a power-law gamma @ 2.2 (PLG22) 1DLUT with ArgyllCMS 1.6.4 x86 and 1.7.0 x86 beta. The resulting LUT fully clips / crushes the first black level 1 (0-255 scale) [...]
What settings did you use?
post #2859 of 2880 Old 01-11-2015, 04:31 AM

Hello! If possible , someone could create a file .3dlut for me use along with madVR ? I have the monitor benq XL2420T , but I'm not calibrator , but I have .icc file made ​​by tftcentral , it also works ? I appreciate if you can help me!
post #2860 of 2880 Old 01-14-2015, 12:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I have some problem with MPC-HC and Madvr 3DLut. Trying on my Dell 2312. I create madvr .3dl and all fine, but there is differnce in measurments HCFR between madTPG and MPC-HC+madvr. My problem with rendering 100% color with 3dlut (Dell 2312 has oversatturated native green). Sorry for my bad english. See some pictures. What wrong? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	madvr 3dlut + mpc-hc.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	478298   Click image for larger version

Name:	madTPG + 3dLUT.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	478306  
post #2861 of 2880 Old 01-14-2015, 12:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock Gaignun View Post
Hello! If possible , someone could create a file .3dlut for me use along with madVR ? I have the monitor benq XL2420T , but I'm not calibrator , but I have .icc file made ​​by tftcentral , it also works ? I appreciate if you can help me!
i don't see see the file i don't know. i don't know how the file is created too.
post #2862 of 2880 Old 01-14-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyhuhn View Post
i don't see see the file i don't know. i don't know how the file is created too.
Sorry for being slow to respond. Not posted the link icc file XL2420T because I can not post links, because do not have enough posts. But just google for ICC Profiles and Monitor Settings Database, they will be there. Sorry for the inconvenience, but as I can not post links, this is the only way to show them.
post #2863 of 2880 Old 01-15-2015, 01:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Sorry for being slow to respond. Not posted the link icc file XL2420T because I can not post links, because do not have enough posts. But just google for ICC Profiles and Monitor Settings Database, they will be there. Sorry for the inconvenience, but as I can not post links, this is the only way to show them.
here is a bt 1886 and a bt 709 absolute colormatric with white point scaling 3D lut. the site says brightness 5, contrast 50, red 97, green 96, blue 94 and preset "standard".

http://www.file-upload.net/download-...3d-lut.7z.html

this display should be used with a lightboost hack and calibrated after activating the light boost hack but i'm pretty sure the icc was created without lightboost hack.

this is not accurate. for a accurate result you need measurements of your display not from someone else.
post #2864 of 2880 Old 01-15-2015, 04:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello,

I am new (and newbie ) in the universe of calibration and I am not totally happy of my results yet (even if they are quite good – thanks to Madshi and you guys )….

I m using dispaclgui for the calibration but I think that the CCMX file that I use for the color correction is not the best and I cannot afford to buy an spectrophotometers

Is someone would have a CCMX file for a plasma panasonic 55ST50 using a I1 Display Pro colorimeter and Madvr ???

Also, when I check results the contrast is not as good as I think it could be for a Panasonic plasma (around 7000:1 / 0.02…) while my gamma is set to 2.6 / contrast 46 and luminosity 0 (94 cd/m2) when I start my calibration (I also manage to have a correct white point set to D65 via dispcalgui)….

Any idea to improve this?
post #2865 of 2880 Old 01-15-2015, 04:28 AM
Advanced Member

you may find a "better" correction in this database: http://dispcalgui.hoech.net/colorimetercorrections/

and try to set your plasma to output 120 cm² this may have a positive effect on your CR
post #2866 of 2880 Old 01-15-2015, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyhuhn View Post
here is a bt 1886 and a bt 709 absolute colormatric with white point scaling 3D lut. the site says brightness 5, contrast 50, red 97, green 96, blue 94 and preset "standard".

this display should be used with a lightboost hack and calibrated after activating the light boost hack but i'm pretty sure the icc was created without lightboost hack.

this is not accurate. for a accurate result you need measurements of your display not from someone else.
Well, I do not use the LightBoost hack because I did not like and the image to see videos was not legal. I use this tftcentral the setting:

Brightness - 5
Contrast - 50
Picture Mode - Standard
Gamma - 1
Color Temperature - User mode
RGB - 96, 99, 95

These are the current settings of my display. Not tried altered any options, just set up the way it was explained in tftcentral .
post #2867 of 2880 Old 01-15-2015, 05:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Well, I do not use the LightBoost hack because I did not like and the image to see videos was not legal. I use this tftcentral the setting:

Brightness - 5
Contrast - 50
Picture Mode - Standard
Gamma - 1
Color Temperature - User mode
RGB - 96, 99, 95

These are the current settings of my display. Not tried altered any options, just set up the way it was explained in tftcentral .
you can use the 3d lut i have created and use the settings i have posted.
post #2868 of 2880 Old 01-17-2015, 08:49 AM

"you may find a "better" correction in this database:
and try to set your plasma to output 120 cm² this may have a positive effect on your CR"

Thank you for help but I have been on this site and I cannot find a real CCMX or CCSS adapted for my plasma (55st50). It is only written that it is for a panasonic tv but with no other information regarding the technology (model, plasma or lcd…).

Also, I was wondering if it was possible to create a 3DLUT based on the white point temperature of the cold preset of my TV???
I really like this cold preset when I watch anime or tv show so could it be possible to improve anything (color, gama, balance) by giving the same XY target for the white point balance and create a 3DLUT??
post #2869 of 2880 Old 01-17-2015, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 467
@yokbob - you will be better off using the plasma display type which applies a correction specific to your individual meter. These are actually quite good on any plasma.
post #2870 of 2880 Old 01-17-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post
@yokbob - you will be better off using the plasma display type which applies a correction specific to your individual meter. These are actually quite good on any plasma.
Thanks Zoyd !! Could you tell me where I can find it?? Is it directly proposed in the color correction menu in Dispcalgui?
post #2871 of 2880 Old 01-17-2015, 04:59 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokbob View Post
Thanks Zoyd !! Could you tell me where I can find it?? Is it directly proposed in the color correction menu in Dispcalgui?
It should be in the "Correction" dropdown, named "Spectral: EDR for Plasma with primaries R, G, B and white". If the dropdown is empty, choose "Import colorimeter corrections..." in the "Tools" menu.
post #2872 of 2880 Old 01-19-2015, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Are there any possibilities to use a created 3D lut file with a standalone or HTPC 3D player? madVR supports 3Dlut files but madVR is compatible with eg. MPC-HC but this software does not play 3D movies.
post #2873 of 2880 Old 01-19-2015, 12:36 PM
Advanced Member

video processor can do things liek this.

see here a thread about the eecolor box: eeColor processor - ArgyllCMS
post #2874 of 2880 Old 01-19-2015, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderdvd View Post
Are there any possibilities to use a created 3D lut file with a standalone or HTPC 3D player? madVR supports 3Dlut files but madVR is compatible with eg. MPC-HC but this software does not play 3D movies.
eecolor box will not work for 3D movies.

It's my understanding that a HTPC will not play back Blu Ray disc's. You probably (I could be wrong) need to use MPC-HC format.

ss
post #2875 of 2880 Old Yesterday, 03:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
eecolor box will not work for 3D movies.

It's my understanding that a HTPC will not play back Blu Ray disc's. You probably (I could be wrong) need to use MPC-HC format.

ss
PowerDVD and Total Media Theater are perfect for running 3D Blu-Ray .iso movies (both players do even have menu support, which is not important for me btw). So I m just wondering if there is a workaround to use a created .3dlut file with any of these players. Or maybe someone has another alternative.
post #2876 of 2880 Old Yesterday, 05:40 AM

Hello,
What should be a good target of white level (in cd/m2) to watch movies on a plasma?? Also what should I aim for the black level (higher better?)...
post #2877 of 2880 Old Yesterday, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Hi,

that depends on your environment, for dark environment a recommendation is 100-120 cd/m² for white level. But You can use any level you feel comfort with and that doesn't cause eye strain.

The black level is nothing You can aim for. This depends only what Your plasma is capable of.
Good plamas like a Panasonic VT60 have a black level of 0.002-0.003 cd/m² for example.
post #2878 of 2880 Unread Yesterday, 11:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
PowerDVD and Total Media Theater are perfect for running 3D Blu-Ray .iso movies (both players do even have menu support, which is not important for me btw). So I m just wondering if there is a workaround to use a created .3dlut file with any of these players. Or maybe someone has another alternative.
The only way I know of watching 3D Movies and have madVR color correct them with 3DLUT's would be to convert the 3D Blu-Ray's to Side-By-Side or Top-Bottom 3D and then use MPC-HC or whatever madVR compatible player you have. Of course those aren't as good as frame packing 3D but there isn't much you can do outside buying a Lumagen I think.

My Home Theater/Video Gaming/HTPC/2 Channel rig (Mitsubishi, MartinLogan, Marantz, DIYMA, and others)

post #2879 of 2880 Unread Today, 01:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Tch0rT| View Post
The only way I know of watching 3D Movies and have madVR color correct them with 3DLUT's would be to convert the 3D Blu-Ray's to Side-By-Side or Top-Bottom 3D and then use MPC-HC or whatever madVR compatible player you have. Of course those aren't as good as frame packing 3D but there isn't much you can do outside buying a Lumagen I think.

Thanks for your reply. Will a Lumagen Mini do the job you think? Because I m running a passive 3D dual projector setup I would need two Lumagens I think?
post #2880 of 2880 Unread Today, 06:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks for your reply. Will a Lumagen Mini do the job you think? Because I m running a passive 3D dual projector setup I would need two Lumagens I think?
The Lumagen Mini3D is the cheapest one I know of that will color correct 3D but it looks like it might've been discontinued. I don't know about needing two with your setup, never ran a projector let alone two. Best to make a new thread about that IMO.

My Home Theater/Video Gaming/HTPC/2 Channel rig (Mitsubishi, MartinLogan, Marantz, DIYMA, and others)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page