Proper CALMAN 5 C6 meter mode for Sharp 70LE857U TV? - AVS Forum
Display Calibration > Proper CALMAN 5 C6 meter mode for Sharp 70LE857U TV?
scottts's Avatar scottts 07:53 PM 06-07-2013
Just got a new Sharp 70LE857U. I'm using a C6 colorimeter with CALMAN 5.1.1.

Anyone know the proper Meter Mode setting for this Sharp? I think it's white LED but is it normal or wide gamut?

Can't find the answer anywhere.

Thanks

Scott

sotti's Avatar sotti 09:26 AM 06-08-2013
You'll want to use the RGBY led table.

That's your quattron table.
scottts's Avatar scottts 01:29 PM 06-08-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotti View Post

Of course, makes perfect sense. I missed that choice in the menu for some reason.

Thanks.
croswald's Avatar croswald 04:37 PM 09-18-2013
The c6 is a rbg meter it does not have a yellow censor in it.. you can nit adjust color space on a quatron
sotti's Avatar sotti 04:46 PM 09-18-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by croswald View Post

The c6 is a rbg meter it does not have a yellow censor in it.. you can nit adjust color space on a quatron

Your eye doesn't have a yellow sensor either.

We have tri-chromatic vision, our entire system of measuring and quantifying color is based around the fact that our eye has short, medium and long wave cones that roughly equate to blue, green and red colors. Everything we perceive is based on the sensitivity of those cones. Yellow is just a mixture light that excites both our medium and long wave cones.

So just like our eye's the C6 does not need an additional sensor, only the correct spectral table just like any other display.
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar PlasmaPZ80U 04:57 PM 09-18-2013
Quote:

There's one thing that's always bothered me about the name of that table...

I believe there is also a choice called LCD Direct View (RGB LED), in which RGB refers to the color of the LEDs in the backlight whereas the Sharp Quattron table is called LCD Direct View (RGBY LED), in which RGBY is referring to the colors of the sub-pixels in the LCD panel itself, not the backlight which is White LED as far as I know.

Perhaps something like RGBY-LCD Direct View (White LED) or LCD Direct View (Sharp Quattron White LED) would be more consistent with the naming scheme the other LCD tables use?
sotti's Avatar sotti 04:58 PM 09-18-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

Perhaps something like RGBY-LCD Direct View (White LED) or LCD Direct View (Sharp Quattron White LED) would be more consistent with the naming scheme the other LCD tables use?

Point taken.
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar PlasmaPZ80U 06:07 PM 09-18-2013
Quote:

Point taken.

thanks
Tags: Sharp He Lc 70le857u 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Tv
Up
Mobile  Desktop