LightSpace DPS - (Free Display Check Version of LightSpace CMS) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 06-17-2013, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 410

LightIllusion has released a Free Display Check version of their renowned LightSpace CMS display colour management system.

LightSpace DPS is a 'Free License' version of LightSpace, enabling the accuracy of any display to be verified against any given preset standard, such as Rec709, BT.1886, DCI P3, etc., allowing operators, colourists, supervisors, DoPs and directors to be confident that a the images they are observing are guaranteed to be accurate, by checking any display to verify if they are accurately set-up, without any unwanted colour issues, ensuring all footage is reviewed accurately throughout the image pipeline.

With LightSpace DPS, and a compatible probe, any user can perform accurate display profiling, measuring the difference between any specified colour standard, and the actual colours a given display shows.

Being able to quickly and easily verify any display accuracy is a critical capability for any image based workflow.

LightSpace DPS has one main function - to be used for Display Profiling and Verification, allowing the user to determine if a given display requires re-calibration or not.

With LightSpace DPS it is possible to use any of LightSpace's profiling capabilities, but without the ability to 'save' any profiles. All checking needs to be performed on the profile before closing the software.

The free Display Check version of LightSpace can be downloaded from the Light Illusion website:

For information on the free Display Check version of LightSpace CMS see the LightSpace DPS Page

To register for a Free LightSpace DPS license please use the LightSpace DPS Registration Page.
This license will activate the normal Demo Download into the 'free' profiling version.

I'm starting a separate thread for the Free version of LightSpace DPS, any questions about operation/guides/settings/workflow/etc. can be answered here by LightIllusion Team or by LightSpace's Experienced Users.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-17-2013, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 250
Ya Ted, I have been using that display checker comparing BT1886 to REC 709 and other things you show.

And that's why I only use 709 for my profiles, running home LS.

ss
post #3 of 12 Old 06-19-2013, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

Ya Ted, I have been using that display checker comparing BT1886 to REC 709 and other things you show.

And that's why I only use 709 for my profiles, running home LS.

ss

Anyone with a Supported Meter (i1D3 OEM, i1PRO1/2, JETI, Minolta, PhotoResearch, Discus....etc.) can verify his display very easy now with this Free Version of LightSpace. wink.gif

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
post #4 of 12 Old 06-20-2013, 12:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 250
post #5 of 12 Old 06-20-2013, 02:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post

Anyone with a Supported Meter (i1D3 OEM, i1PRO1/2, JETI, Minolta, PhotoResearch, Discus....etc.) can verify his display very easy now with this Free Version of LightSpace. wink.gif

Ted,
I'm interested in giving it a try, but what do you use for a signal generator?

I have an accupel 5000. Is it compatible with the software?

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #6 of 12 Old 06-20-2013, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

Quote:

Ted,
I'm interested in giving it a try, but what do you use for a signal generator?

I have an accupel 5000. Is it compatible with the software?

Hello Jim, Currenty the Lumagen Radiance Series Processors can be used as an External Hardware Pattern Generator Box.

For LightSpace's Internal Pattern Generator, You can use your HDMI Out of your notebook, using extended desktop feature, but a Black Background as a wallpaper and move the LightSpace measurement Window to the extended desktop space. Then center it using the window xy info LightSpace provides you and set the window size you want, using Window xy pixel numbers also.
After that click the LigtSpace measurements Window to hide that window title bar.

Things will be easier when i will finish the Ted's LightSpace Calibration Disk Project and release it to public.

* You have to check your Video Card settings also, disable all enhancements etc...

post #7 of 12 Old 06-20-2013, 01:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:

Hello Jim, Currenty the Lumagen Radiance Series Processors can be used as an External Hardware Pattern Generator Box.

For LightSpace's Internal Pattern Generator, You can use your HDMI Out of your notebook, using extended desktop feature, but a Black Background as a wallpaper and move the LightSpace measurement Window to the extended desktop space. Then center it using the window xy info LightSpace provides you and set the window size you want, using Window xy pixel numbers also.
After that click the LigtSpace measurements Window to hide that window title bar.

Things will be easier when i will finish the Ted's LightSpace Calibration Disk Project and release it to public.

* You have to check your Video Card settings also, disable all enhancements etc...

At your mercy!!!
post #8 of 12 Old 01-10-2014, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Light Illussion's LightSpace DPS (Free Display Check Version of LightSpace CMS) now supports up to 21-Point Cube (9.261 Color Points) Free Display Verification for daily performance test where accurancy is very critical.

Verification

LightSpace DPS has one main function - to be used for Display Profiling and Verification, allowing the user to determine if a given display requires re-calibration or not.

With LightSpace DPS it is possible to use any of LightSpace's profiling capabilities, but without the ability to 'save' any profiles. All checking needs to be performed on the profile before closing the software.

It is also possible to generate a LUT from the profile, which aids checking the profile information as the 3D cube view and 1D graph LUT will show the necessary corrections required for the display profiled. The LUT can also be 'virtually applied' to the display for re-profiling, howing the effect of the LUT corrections.

High Accuracy

Unlike inferior display checking systems, LightSpace CMS is not limited to a small range of colour patches, providing 'Quick Profiling' for daily checking, as well as full cube based profiling, including 21^3 with 9261 individual colour patches (and beyond) for unlimited accuracy when verifying the accuracy of any given display.

Quick daily verification takes seconds, and ensures no display drift, while full cube based profiling ensure any given display is actually accurate to the required colour space target.

Simple Confirmation

Display accuracy is simplicity itself to check, with the closer the cube image is to being a cube, the better the accuracy.

And being able to rotate the cube in 3D space makes it simple to spot any colours that are inaccurate anywhere in the volumetric colour space.

All this in addition to standard CIE, DeltaE, gamma graphs, including LightSpace's unique RGB Separation graph.

RGB Separation

RGB Separation' is a very quick and simple guide to likely display accuracy.

If this graph shows errors the display has to be considered inaccurate.

Free Download Link

post #9 of 12 Old 01-10-2014, 08:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Steeve, no good news from xrite for Lightspace to support D3 retail ?

I want to test free dps smile.gif

Thanks wink.gif
post #10 of 12 Old 01-10-2014, 01:52 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 211
Nope, still no good news from X-Rite...
Feel free to contact them and let them know you are unhappy with their position regarding the Retail version of the probe.

I really do wish they would change their position on this!

frown.gif

Steve Shaw
LIGHT ILLUSION

post #11 of 12 Old 01-10-2014, 11:27 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 84
Thanks for the reply Steeve, i hope xrite will change the decision in 2014.... wink.gif
post #12 of 12 Old 01-11-2014, 02:46 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 211
One point worth making is the with the 'User Definable' patches capability you can make any colour sequence you want to run calibration verification.

For example, make a selection of patches that are specifically aimed at 'memory colours', such as grass, sky, skin tones, etc...
There is no need to stick to the standard profiling cubes sizes and colours biggrin.gif

Steve Shaw
LIGHT ILLUSION

Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page