LightSpace Adds Intergration wth Eizo ColorEdge 3D-LUT Monitors - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 07-14-2013, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 508
LightSpace Now Supports the Creation/Uploading of 17-Point Cube (4913 Color Points) into the any Eizo 3D-LUT capable Monitor.

Eizo ColorEdge Series Monitors utilizes a new EIZO-developed 3D LUT support that now with LightSpace you can upload a 3D-LUT Table to any Eizo 3D-LUT capable Monitor available memory slot.

Whereas a typical 1D LUT adjusts color on separate tables for each red, green, and blue, a 3D LUT accomplishes this on a single, mixed-color cubic table.

A 3D LUT improves the monitor's additive color mixture (combination of RGB), a key factor in its ability to display neutral gray tones.

The monitor can display 10-bit color from a LightSpace generated 16-bit look-up table via its DisplayPort input.

The Intergration is currently at Beta Stage but LightSpace Support Team can provide you a Temp Licence by request.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-14-2013, 09:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 967
It's only a matter of time until we have this ability with consumer displays. smile.gif

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

post #3 of 11 Old 07-22-2013, 04:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

LightSpace CMS 6.3.5.1704

A new version of LightSpace has just been released. *
This version includes:

-- New Eizo display calibration integration
-- Fix for Lumagen NULL Cube overwrite error
-- Fix for reported Luma value under FtL settings
-- Added Convert Colour Space to Free 'DPS' LightSpace version
(Allows to view changes required to accurately calibrate display)

Eizo Integration provides for any Eizo display that can work with 3D LUTs to be directly calibrated via LightSpace CMS using integrated patch generation, and the LUT uploaded into the active 'clot' within the display, all controlled via the 'Upload' menu found under 'File/Upload'.

The Free Display Profiling System (DPS) version of LightSpace now allows for the generated profile to be used to 'make' a LUT via Convert Colour Space. This is very helpful, as the LUT 3D Cube display and 1D Graph will show the amount of correction required to accurately calibrate the display that has been measured. The LUT cannot be used - that will required a 'paid-for' version of LightSpace CMS.

DOWNLOAD LightSpace CMS Demo or For Licensed Users

DOWNLOAD LightSpace DPS (Display Profiling System) Free Version License

* LightSpace Users don't have to search at any forum or press release when a new version of LightSpace is released because when they will open their LightSpace Software, a notification window will open automatically with the new version release notes changes & download link. wink.gif

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
post #4 of 11 Old 07-31-2013, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

LightSpace CMS 6.3.6.1707

A new version of LightSpace has just been released.

This version includes:

-- New 'Chroma Fit' option when making LUTs from profiles
-- New Probe integration mode - see Tools / Discoverable Probes

DOWNLOAD LightSpace CMS Demo or For Licensed Users

DOWNLOAD LightSpace DPS (Display Profiling System) Free Version License

post #5 of 11 Old 08-22-2013, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The only Eizo Monitors with Internal 3D LUT Memory capability, that you can upload LightSpace generated LUT's are:

CG222W, CG222W, CG242W, CG242W, CG223W, CG223W, CG275W, CG246, CG276

Some Eizo monitors have a simple RGB LUT (a 1D RGB LUT for colour temp/gamma only) and a 3x3 matrix, so they are not suitable for accurate calibration and cannot use 3D LUTs, only by using external LUT Holders.

This seems to be the rest of the Colouredge range of display, including the CX240/70.

post #6 of 11 Old 08-23-2013, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

EIZO partners with Light Illusion to enable high-end LightSpace CMS based calibration capability. PRESS RELEASE DOCUMENT

post #7 of 11 Old 02-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 361
just to post some feedback here....

Since they made it possible in summer of 2013, I've been using Lightspace to directly calibrate Eizo's.... this is the best calibration u can get for these screens - BY FAR.

We've done direct comparisons between:

1. Lightspace direct calibration of the Eizo
2. ColorNavigator direct calibration
3. a hybrid of ColorNavigator (pre-setup) & Lightspace (3D LUT cal) - via direct 3D LUT merge, yes it is possible

and the results were that the LS direct calibration is by far the best.

We've been in contact with Eizo in Japan for a while now and we shared all calibration reports, LUT's and setups with them to clarify a few things. The marketing and the R&D dept as well confirmed that the LS calibration is the best.

My advice: Do not use CN, unless u have to, it is not very good. We haven't tested CM Eizo integration, it's been delayed forever.

- M
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

calibration & profiling solutions: Lightspace, Spaceman, Calman, Argyll, ColorNavigator, basICColor
profiling & calibration workflow tools: Display Calibration Tools
meter: Klein K-10 A, i1Pro, i1D3
AVS thread: Lightspace & Custom Color Patch Set & Gamma Calibration on Panasonic 65VT60
post #8 of 11 Old 02-07-2014, 06:20 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 224
We did a lot of work with Eizo to have the LightSpace integration working as well as possible.
The results do work - but in doing this we found some issues with the backlight used on Eizo displays. Info which we have shared with Eizo.
Hopefully Eizo are working on this smile.gif

Steve

Steve Shaw
LIGHT ILLUSION

post #9 of 11 Old 08-07-2014, 06:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

There 2 new (lower cost) software license options for LightSpace available:

LightSpace EIZOLight

LightSpace EIZOLight is a dedicated version of version of LightSpace CMS for use with all Eizo displays with 3D LUT capability.

Supported Models: CG222W, CG222W, CG242W, CG242W, CG223W, CG223W, CG275W, CG246, CG27

Any other Eizo display should be assumed to not have 3D LUT capability, and we suggest checking with Eizo directly before a display purchase is made if intending to calibrate accurately via LightSpace Eizo.

LightSpace Eizo allows for high accuracy profiling and calibration of any compatible Eizo display by the end user, using an X-Rite i1 Display Pro OEM probe.

LightSpace EIZO

LightSpace EIZO is a dedicated version of version of LightSpace CMS for use with all Eizo displays with 3D LUT capability.

Supported Models: CG222W, CG222W, CG242W, CG242W, CG223W, CG223W, CG275W, CG246, CG276

Any other Eizo display should be assumed to not have 3D LUT capability, and we suggest checking with Eizo directly before a display purchase is made if intending to calibrate accurately via LightSpace Eizo.

LightSpace Eizo works with all LightSpace compatible probes, and allows for high accuracy profiling and calibration of any compatible Eizo display by the end user.

For more information you can visit Light Illusion's website.

post #10 of 11 Old 08-08-2014, 01:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
good thing,LightSpace Eizo works with all LightSpace compatible probes, and allows for high accuracy profiling and calibration of any compatible Eizo display by the end user.thank you [IMG]http://*******/prvoPz[/IMG]
post #11 of 11 Old 08-08-2014, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tldercird View Post
good thing,LightSpace Eizo works with all LightSpace compatible probes, and allows for high accuracy profiling and calibration of any compatible Eizo display by the end user.thank you [IMG]http://*******/prvoPz[/IMG]
Hi, here is the meter list:

Tristimulus Colorimeters Support:

X-Rite i1Display 1
X-Rite i1Display 2
X-Rite i1Display LT
Datacolor Spyder4 Express
Datacolor Spyder4 Pro
Datacolor Spyder4 Elite
X-Rite i1Display Pro OEM
X-Rite Hubble / Sencore OTC1000
basICColor DISCUS
Colorimetry Research CR-100
Klein Instruments K-10
Klein Instruments K-10A
Konica-Minolta CS-200
Konica-Minolta CA-210
Konica-Minolta CA-310

Spectrophotometers/Spectroradiometers Support:

X-Rite i1PRO
X-Rite i1PRO2
JETI Specbos 1201
JETI Specbos 1211
Photoresearch PR-655 SpectraScan
Photoresearch PR-670 SpectraScan

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page