I've owned an Eye One Display LT for about 4 years now. Time to replace it??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-22-2013, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I've used my i1 LT to tinker with a few projectors I've owned in the past. I also used it to calibrate my computer monitors using the Xrite software. It seems to work well, especially with the computer monitors since the software is so easy to use. I would like to try to calibrate my current front projector. That lead me to investigate what software is required to do so. It appears Calman 5 is a great option.

That leads me to my question. Should I use my current LT and just get software? Or am I better off buying the newer i1 Display Pro with the Calman software?

I guess my problem is throwing more money away at another meter. I didn't know when I bought the meter that it was going to wear out without being used. I've only used it a few times and from what I've read it is probably now no good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-22-2013, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Unfortunately you know the answer as you have already read the other posts.
Another option would be to buy a used i1pro spectro and profile the LT to the spectro. Even with a new i1display we would all recommend you have a sepctro as well.. The new i1display should last longer than the older versions as they have sealed optics but time will tell.. Spectracal has a 14 day rental where you get the software and a meter for about $99. Might be the way to go..

Doug

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 Old 07-22-2013, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
That may be the best way to calibrate my projector. I am still happy with the results using the LT with my computer monitors but I don't want to spend hours on my projector only to find out my meter is off. Care to share a link to that rental?
post #4 of 4 Old 07-23-2013, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Give them a call with any questions.
http://store.spectracal.com/consumer/rent.html

Doug

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page