Meter distance for LCD screen (i1 pro 2 and i1 display 3) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-01-2013, 12:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi everyone,

Got this down for plasma to a fair degree, but what about LCD? Since we are working with fields, I assume (from reading around) that it is preferable to measure as much of the screen as possible. But how do I know how for back I should go with either i1 pro 2 or i1 display 3?

Are we talking about several meters? Ps: I've got a tripod know so that should help, a lot!

My gear: Panasonic TH-42PF11EK pro plasma display. -- Iscan Duo video processor -- i1 display 3 colorimeter -- i1 pro 2 spectrometer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-01-2013, 02:00 AM

Liked: 56
Here are other experts, not me, but with my two samsung led TV's (D6530 , ES6710) I used contact mode and field patters. LED panels are not so warm.
Start with center position or outside of menus or info screens. If you have uniformity problems (blobs, cloudings) move meter a bit.
Jeroen1000 likes this.

Panasonic TX-P42GT50E, Oppo 103, Schiit Vali, Denon AHD2000 + Moon Audio Blue Dragon V3, Phonak Audeo 121, Vsonic GR07, Fiio E17, Cowon S9, XLO cables :: CalMAN 5 Enthusiast,Chromapure Standard, i1D3, i1Display 2, TED's Calibration Blu Ray Disc v1.0 & v1.1
post #3 of 4 Old 08-02-2013, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 187
I now prefer large APL patterns like the ones on the AVSHD709 disc or the ones on Spears & Munsil HD Benchmark 2nd Edition to full fields (while using my i1PRO and C6 in contact mode) for my LED/LCDs. Since the APL is held constant when doing things like measuring gamma, any effects of features like an auto-dimming backlight in dark scenes can be negated since even if the dimming kicks in with the large APL patterns (which it shouldn't if that fixed APL is high enough), the same amount of dimming will be applied for all levels of stim and any effects of that dimming will be negated in terms of gamma.
Jeroen1000 likes this.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-12-2013, 06:14 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
Thanks guys. I thought screen uniformity to be a bigger problem so that averaging (by increasing the screen to meter distance) was required. Guess I was worrying about the little things again:)

My gear: Panasonic TH-42PF11EK pro plasma display. -- Iscan Duo video processor -- i1 display 3 colorimeter -- i1 pro 2 spectrometer
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page