1Likes
  • 2 Post By ConnecTEDDD

post #1 of 7 Old 08-02-2013, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 424
The latest madVR v0.86.11 build now supports importing eeColor 3dlut files in LightSpace 65^3 LUT Format.

These LUT's have to be video range, you can do this by using VideoScale Conversion from LightSpace Tools before exporting to eeColor LUT Format, same sequence as we do with eeColor now.

The Patches can be controlled by LightSpace Internal Pattern Generator, or using the upcoming Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk.
** LightSpace's Dev. Team can add support for the new madVR patch/pattern generator if required by users.

But Until then you will be able to use the Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Blu-Ray Disk or Media Player/PC Format Version of that Disk (M2TS Files) for the 17-Point Cube Profiling.

Here is a recorded video that proofs the perfect Sync between the Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk as a Source, Played from Media Player Classic - Home Cinema with MadVR as a Renderer for the display of the 4913 Colors of a 17-Point Cube Profiling.

I opened the DIP Mode (7sec) Chapter of my Disk with Media Player Classic HC, Media Player Classic Window, and then I pressed only one Synced Mouse Click and after 9 hours and 22 minutes it's still Synced Perfectly!

Check that picture before playing the video:

To help you about what you are seeing, the BLUE HightlighTED Box is the LightSpace Internal Pattern Generator Window....

The RED HightlighTED Box is the Media Player Classic - Home Cinema with MadVR as a Renderer that is playing the Chapter Video i'm using for the Disk, this window supposed to be maximixed to full screen when you are profiling from Monitor/TV....

The GREEN Arrow indicates the 11.11% Window Pattern supposed to be centered at yout Profiling Display...

*** I used DIP Mode 7 Sec Chapter only for demonstration of the Perfect Sync between the sofware and my Disk. DIP Mode time depends on the probe and the display you are profiling, and might be shorter than 9 hours. To my KURO Display with iD3 using 1.5sec Probe Intergration Time, i'm using the 6 Sec DIP Mode Chapter (8 Hours). This is because KURO has the deepest Black and this is taking more time for the iD3 meter to read it, so to stay in Sync i had to use that Chapter. Dark shades generally is taking more time to be measured...***

*** EDIT *** : This Video was recorded @ January 2013, when I was testing my Disk's LightSpace DIP Mode Chapters, with fixed displaying of each color Point of the total number of 4.913 (17-Point Cube)....synced with LightSpace.

The Disk has 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 seconds per Color Point Chapters for LightSpace. This gives a wide support for Fast/Normal or Slow Meters that can use the Disk as a Source for all these Patterns. for Automated 17-P Cube's without any other user prompt, exept the initial mousy click sync of selecting 'Start Measurenments' from LightSpace Software.
madshi and anta1974 like this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-08-2013, 12:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Hi ConnecTEDDD,

haven't had a chance to fully test this myself yet. Have you done a full calibration this way and checked the final results? Are the results comparable to e.g. the eeColor box? Would be great to know that everything works as expected.

Thanks!
post #3 of 7 Old 08-08-2013, 02:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post

Hi ConnecTEDDD,

haven't had a chance to fully test this myself yet. Have you done a full calibration this way and checked the final results? Are the results comparable to e.g. the eeColor box? Would be great to know that everything works as expected.

Thanks!

Hi, I'm doing this 17-Point Cube Calibration using my Disk as a Pattern Source from my stand-alone Blu-Ray Player almost 9 months now, and then i'm uploading the LUT to my eeColor.
I used MPC HC with MadVR only to test if my disk chapters have any 'out of sync' problem.

I have posted some results of measuring the LightSpace Generated LUT's with CalMAN as a verification software here.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #4 of 7 Old 08-08-2013, 04:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 113
I'm sure LightSpace works great, that's not really what I was aiming at. Being the madVR developer I just wondered if madVR's 3dlut processing is as good as the eeColor box's processing, when using LightSpace. I personally don't have an eeColor box, so I can't test this myself...

Basically if anyone with an eeColor box and a LightSpace license could confirm that HTPC users could just use madVR instead of an eeColor box, and get identical results, that would be great!
post #5 of 7 Old 06-29-2014, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 93
deleted just realised it was a lightspace thread, sorry Ted, will post in MadVR thread

Last edited by Manni01; 06-29-2014 at 06:00 AM. Reason: wrong thread
post #6 of 7 Old 07-01-2014, 04:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
yeah,i think so,anyone with an eeColor box and a LightSpace license could confirm that HTPC users could just use madVR instead of an eeColor box, and get identical results, that would be great!thanks
post #7 of 7 Old 07-01-2014, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page