Help Calibrating a Seiki SE65JY25 65" 240HZ Back-Lit LED with a Innolux V645H1_PE1 Panel..What do SSC MUI and ODCLK SSC do? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 11-25-2013, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
homerjr43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I just purchased the Seiki SE65JY25 65" and the picture out of the box was not good. I have adjusted the contrast, back light, and color levels a bit. I have also properly adjusted the overscan for 60hz and 24hz material, but I would love to disable the image processing or have some type of control.

Does anyone know what SSC MUI and ODCLK SSC do?

Can anyone help me make some more adjustments, there is no apparent control of the 240hz processing or smooth motion settings? Do these have different names in the locked service menu?

Thanks for your help!
homerjr43 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 11-25-2013, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
homerjr43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So after running through a few calibration screens, it appears that the Gamma on the seiki is way out of wack. I cannot adjust it to look good at any value from gamma 1.2-2.4. I am using the test pattern located at http://www.photoscientia.co.uk/Gamma.htm no matter what settings i change the boxes never become gray. They stay colored. Does anyone know how to resolve this?
homerjr43 is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 11-27-2013, 11:21 AM
Newbie
 
cutchy32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I believe the ssc miu stands for serial synchronous controller memory interface unit and ODCLK SSC is the clock frequency of the controller.

cutchy32 is offline  
post #4 of 9 Old 01-30-2014, 10:25 AM
Newbie
 
dawg1020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Where did you find the "gamma" setting? Nothing in the service menu simply says "gamma" that I've seen.

dawg1020 is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 02-03-2014, 12:37 AM
Newbie
 
strifllel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought the 120hz version of this and see a memc setting to disable motion interpolation immediately when I press menu.
Is this not the case for you?
strifllel is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 02-03-2014, 01:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 2,246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerjr43 View Post

So after running through a few calibration screens, it appears that the Gamma on the seiki is way out of wack. I cannot adjust it to look good at any value from gamma 1.2-2.4. I am using the test pattern located at http://www.photoscientia.co.uk/Gamma.htm no matter what settings i change the boxes never become gray. They stay colored. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Hello, The patterns you tryed to set your gamma are a really waste of time, you need a meter and software to perform gamma calibration.

Calibration without meter/software can't be performed, with a disk you can adjust some basic controls and you will be able to prevent some problems.

The truth is that by using any calibration disk you just preparing the display before start using your meter/software.

Start by selecting the Cinema / Movie Mode of your display bacause this mode has always better performace vs. the other modes of you display.

In case you don't have software/hardware at home, you can set some basic settings of your display.

For example, you can set:

Brightness Pattern to set the Black Level (Brightness Control) of the Display; to prevent crushing of shadow details or raised black levels.

Contrast Pattern to set the White Level (Contrast Control) of the Display; to prevent color detail clipping up to peak white levels and above reference white level color shifts/discoloration.

Use Sharpness Pattern to prevent edge enhancement (halo/ringing effect) or soft contouring (blurring of the image details).

Use Color Clipping Pattern to prevent clipping of each color channel.

Use a Grayscale Ramp to check which color temperature mode (normal/warm1/warm2 etc) of your display looks more neutral to your eyes.

You can use the Colour Reproduction Patterns to check your display's controls / various mode settings / enhancements of your display, if they introducing problems or if they are broken and you have to leave them untouched to prevent new problems. (no smooth color graduations, distortions, discoloration, clipping, banding, posterization, crushed shadow details, raised black levels etc.)

But you can't set your peak light output, perform RGB Balance of your grayscale, calibrate your Primary/Secondary Colors (Hue/Saturation/Lightness), fix your gamma levels etc. for REC.709 without a meter/software.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
ConnecTEDDD is online now  
post #7 of 9 Old 02-03-2014, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Rolls-Royce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 2,004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post

Hello, The patterns you tryed to set your gamma are a really waste of time, you need a meter and software to perform gamma calibration.

Calibration without meter/software can't be performed, with a disk you can adjust some basic controls and you will be able to prevent some problems.

The truth is that by using any calibration disk you just preparing the display before start using your meter/software.

Start by selecting the Cinema / Movie Mode of your display bacause this mode has always better performace vs. the other modes of you display.

In case you don't have software/hardware at home, you can set some basic settings of your display.

For example, you can set:

Brightness Pattern to set the Black Level (Brightness Control) of the Display; to prevent crushing of shadow details or raised black levels.

Contrast Pattern to set the White Level (Contrast Control) of the Display; to prevent color detail clipping up to peak white levels and above reference white level color shifts/discoloration.

Use Sharpness Pattern to prevent edge enhancement (halo/ringing effect) or soft contouring (blurring of the image details).

Use Color Clipping Pattern to prevent clipping of each color channel.

Use a Grayscale Ramp to check which color temperature mode (normal/warm1/warm2 etc) of your display looks more neutral to your eyes.

You can use the Colour Reproduction Patterns to check your display's controls / various mode settings / enhancements of your display, if they introducing problems or if they are broken and you have to leave them untouched to prevent new problems. (no smooth color graduations, distortions, discoloration, clipping, banding, posterization, crushed shadow details, raised black levels etc.)

But you can't set your peak light output, perform RGB Balance of your grayscale, calibrate your Primary/Secondary Colors (Hue/Saturation/Lightness), fix your gamma levels etc. for REC.709 without a meter/software.

To add to what TED said, those "monitor gamma" patterns are not accurate because they rely too heavily on your individual eyesight, how much or how little you squint, room lighting, etc. Don't rely on them.
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Rolls-Royce is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 05-13-2014, 01:46 PM
Newbie
 
pogotv's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hello 

I also have one of these Seiki systems.  

How did you do your adjustments you described.? 

 

There is nothing in the manual.  Could you detail how its done or point me to a link that would educate me :)

 

Many Thanks  

pogotv is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 05-13-2014, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 2,246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogotv View Post

Hello 
I also have one of these Seiki systems.  
How did you do your adjustments you described.? 

There is nothing in the manual.  Could you detail how its done or point me to a link that would educate me smile.gif

Many Thanks  

Hi, you can view these videos for the start:

https://www.youtube.com/user/SpectraCal

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
ConnecTEDDD is online now  
Reply Display Calibration

Tags
Seiki Se65jy25 65 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off