PLEASE Help me calibrate a Samsung UN55D6420 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-29-2013, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone else know any good settings for this TV, I usually use it for gaming and movies here and there and my room is usually dark. I use these settings I found online but I recently got an Xbox One and doesn't seem like I'm getting the best picture. Sometimes there's a blur around some characters heads and it really annoys me. So does any one the best settings for my TV?

This is my first time posting in this forum, if I'm asking this question in the wrong area please show me the right place to ask
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2013, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolo33 View Post

Anyone else know any good settings for this TV, I usually use it for gaming and movies here and there and my room is usually dark. I use these settings I found online but I recently got an Xbox One and doesn't seem like I'm getting the best picture. Sometimes there's a blur around some characters heads and it really annoys me. So does any one the best settings for my TV?

This is my first time posting in this forum, if I'm asking this question in the wrong area please show me the right place to ask

Ask here: http://www.avsforum.com/f/166/lcd-flat-panel-displays

Or better yet: calibrate your set or pay someone to do it for you.

Adjusting settings according to personal preference is not calibration.

Epson 5030UB, 100" Carada Criterion with Classic Cinema White, Denon AVR 1713, NHT Classic Twos, NHT Absolute Center, NHT SuperZeros, Klipsch SW-450, Oppo 103D
Old 11-30-2013, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Consumer myths can be stubborn things. Please read this "sticky" thread from the top of this section of the forum for reliable ways to get a more accurate picture:

'Sharing display menu settings?'
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1055906
Old 11-30-2013, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: THX/ISF Calibrationist/Instructor, Calgary, AB, Canada
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Greetings

You generally have a less than 4% chance of doing better than the stock settings in the cinema/movie mode when you plug in random values from someone else. Which also means you have a greater than 96% chance of winding up no better than stock or with something worse than stock.

Now the only way people are going to know if they lucked out and made it into that 4% club is to have instrumentation to verify the result. This is a catch-22 of course. If you have the gear, why would you plug in random numbers? biggrin.gif

So people that plug in the numbers are not able to verify anything and it simply becomes just a game of finding something you like ... and that has nothing to do with what calibration is about. Even if they were in the 4% club ... it wouldn't matter one bit because they would not know it. There is no special detector built into humans that goes off when presented with an accurate image. People do not inherently recognize what a good image actually is. Education is always needed.

http://www.tlvexp.ca/2012/12/the-fruits-of-copying-settings-the-pioneer-lottery/

This article is about what actually happens when people plug random numbers into their TVs.

regards

Michael Chen @ The Laser Video Experience
ISF/THX/TLV Video Instructor
The Video Calibration Education Hub - www.TLVEXP.com