Keystone - Manually through lenses? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-03-2014, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hey all!

I'm new to the projector world and have been dipping my toes in a variety of them over the last couple of weeks.  Here's my issue: keystoning.  The DLP (bulb+optics) projectors I tried seemed to actually adjust the lenses to keystone beautifully.  The LED pico projectors (which fit my usage much better) keystone just terribly.  It's all digital and the edges seem to warp, all in all, I'm very disappointed.  Now, my favorite Pico pj that I have tried is actually the relatively cheap Brookstone Pocket Projector.  This has NO digital or lense keystoning at all.  

Question:  Is there some way to add a lens or two infront of a projector to properly keystone?  Am I barking up the wrong tree?  

I'd love any comments/suggestions as my googling has led me to nowhere on the topic.  Moderators, if I'm in the wrong place please direct me!

Thank you all,

Matt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-04-2014, 07:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Not that I have ever seen or heard of.

Basically, you are considering adding an external lense to a sub standard solution ?

Why not just get an appropriate product to begin with ?

President, Lion Audio Video Consultants Inc.
Lead THX Video Standards Instructor
post #3 of 4 Old 01-04-2014, 08:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The other option is to tilt the screen to eliminate keystone.

td
post #4 of 4 Old 01-04-2014, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmbuck View Post

Hey all!

I'm new to the projector world and have been dipping my toes in a variety of them over the last couple of weeks.  Here's my issue: keystoning.  The DLP (bulb+optics) projectors I tried seemed to actually adjust the lenses to keystone beautifully.  The LED pico projectors (which fit my usage much better) keystone just terribly.  It's all digital and the edges seem to warp, all in all, I'm very disappointed.  Now, my favorite Pico pj that I have tried is actually the relatively cheap Brookstone Pocket Projector.  This has NO digital or lense keystoning at all.  

Question:  Is there some way to add a lens or two infront of a projector to properly keystone?  Am I barking up the wrong tree?  

I'd love any comments/suggestions as my googling has led me to nowhere on the topic.  Moderators, if I'm in the wrong place please direct me!
Welcome to the forum. There is a: 'Digital Projectors- Under $3k' section of this forum you could also try. However, I don't know of any DLP projectors that adjust for keystone via lens manipulation, as you claim. Are these business class projectors? You also neglect to tell us any details about your "usage" that might help us understand why you think you need keystone correction to begin with. Any suggestions would be speculation without knowing more specifics.

Best regards and beautiful pictures,
G. Alan Brown, President
CinemaQuest, Inc.
A Lion AV Consultants affiliate

"Advancing the art and science of electronic imaging"
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page