Used i1 Pro question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-19-2014, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I've put a bid in for potentially a real cheap efi es-1000 (i1 Pro) on eBay and was wondering if it's feasible to ignore the chance of it being inaccurate or anything and as long as it works, just send it off for recalibration anyway if I get it real cheap? Not so worried about version as I'll only use it to profile with my i1d3 so the speed enhancements don't bother me.

Also, who would I send it to for recalibration? X-Rite? I'm in England so preferably nothing outside Europe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-20-2014, 02:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobhc2010 View Post

I've put a bid in for potentially a real cheap efi es-1000 (i1 Pro) on eBay and was wondering if it's feasible to ignore the chance of it being inaccurate or anything and as long as it works, just send it off for recalibration anyway if I get it real cheap? Not so worried about version as I'll only use it to profile with my i1d3 so the speed enhancements don't bother me.

Also, who would I send it to for recalibration? X-Rite? I'm in England so preferably nothing outside Europe.

Hello,

There is no other way to find out, unless you send it to germany, to X-Rite's repair central to re-certificate your meter by tweaking it internally, only the factory can access it internally.

You can send RMA and they will reply to you immediately with the price.

http://www.xrite.com/support_repair.aspx

But the cost is very high for that service.... (because of high but ultra fast UPS next day delivery they ship when your meter is ready).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page