Hitachi 42HDT51 Plasma Calibration - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-08-2014, 01:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I recently purchase a 10 year old Hitachi 42HDT51 plasma tv with AVC75 control box and motorized stand. It was obviously a very well built piece of equipment when new. Everything is functional, and the display seems generally in good condition. I am having a problem with dark scenes having very little definition and with colors like red or blue in them the picture tends to flare becoming almost cartoon like. The only thing that has combated this to some degree is turning the contrast and brightness way up and turning the color setting to a very low lever. This though makes the picture hazy and loses the richness in the color.

I am wondering if there is a calibration disc that can help me zen out the display, or is the plasma screen worn out or the power supply suffering? This screen is 1080i (1024 x 1024). It will not accept the signal off of a blu-ray player, so I will need to use a dvd player. I've read that once a dvd doesn't play hd dvd shouldn't be used to calibrate a hd screen. I would consider this screen the beginning of hd and the AVC75 has 2 hdmi inputs.

I like this tv and really want to try to get it watchable. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-08-2014, 06:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 494
I believe there is a DVD version of Disney WOW that you could try.

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
Reply Display Calibration
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page