Sony w800b Game Mode - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-24-2014, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sony w800b Game Mode

Just purchased the w800b and while i'm impressed with everything else, the gaming mode drastically reduces the picture quality and brightness. I know that's usually the case in gaming modes as it disables all filters to reduce input lag, but it gets so dim that it's almost unplayable in darker areas of games. Been tweaking settings but just can't find that perfect medium. Anyone have the same set and mind sharing their gaming settings? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-24-2014, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: THX/ISF Calibrationist/Instructor, Calgary, AB, Canada
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Greetings

For which game? Kind of varies by game ...

regards

Michael Chen @ The Laser Video Experience
ISF/THX/TLV Video Instructor
The Video Calibration Education Hub - www.TLVEXP.com

post #3 of 5 Old 06-24-2014, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM2215 View Post
Just purchased the w800b and while i'm impressed with everything else, the gaming mode drastically reduces the picture quality and brightness. I know that's usually the case in gaming modes as it disables all filters to reduce input lag, but it gets so dim that it's almost unplayable in darker areas of games. Been tweaking settings but just can't find that perfect medium. Anyone have the same set and mind sharing their gaming settings? Thanks.
Have a read of this, this guy is an expert at these sort of gaming related things. http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48662
post #4 of 5 Old 06-26-2014, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM2215 View Post
Brightness doesn't really lower unless you are using Impulse with it. (I don't use Impulse on my W800B).
post #5 of 5 Old 06-27-2014, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Make sure your HDMI black level for the TV matches with your console. Double check that all external processing is off (like dynamic contrast or auto dim stuff). Adjust the actual game's brightness to match with your playing environment (follow the barely visible parameter if they give you one).
Reply Display Calibration
Gear in this thread - w800b by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page