• 1 Post By randal_r

post #1 of 3 Old 06-25-2014, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 53
FYI - i1 Display Pro Teardown

Hey Guys,

I came across this on YouTube and I thought others might be interested in it as well. If you have ever been curious as to what is inside the i1d3; here you go. In my own personal opinion, the C6 and the i1 Display Pro are identical.

Hope you like it.
Rolls-Royce and ConnecTEDDD like this.

Last edited by randal_r; 06-25-2014 at 04:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-25-2014, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 453
SpectraCAL's C6 has the exact same hardware like any other version of i1Display Pro.

There are 3 version of the i1Display Pro instrument :

The standard X-Rite i1Display Pro (Retail, available at stores, sometimes SpectraCAL are selling retail meters also.)

OEM Generic version of the i1Display Pro (Version that LightIllusion, ChromaPure and sometimes SpectraCAL are selling.)

Custom OEM branded i1Display Pro (SpectraCAL of other Branded OEM's versions from HP, Toshiba, Eizo, Nec etc...)

From the features side, C6 is the only meter that is coming with NIST certification and equiped for a lot of EDR files for various display technologies, so it will perform better than the the OEM or retail but if you skip these tables and profile it using a spectro like a ColorMukni spectro or better one, you will have greater accurancy.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #3 of 3 Old 06-25-2014, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
SpectraCAL's C6 has the exact same hardware like any other version of i1Display Pro.

There are 3 version of the i1Display Pro instrument :

The standard X-Rite i1Display Pro (Retail, available at stores, sometimes SpectraCAL are selling retail meters also.)

OEM Generic version of the i1Display Pro (Version that LightIllusion, ChromaPure and sometimes SpectraCAL are selling.)

Custom OEM branded i1Display Pro (SpectraCAL of other Branded OEM's versions from HP, Toshiba, Eizo, Nec etc...)

From the features side, C6 is the only meter that is coming with NIST certification and equiped for a lot of EDR files for various display technologies, so it will perform better than the the OEM or retail but if you skip these tables and profile it using a spectro like a ColorMukni spectro or better one, you will have greater accurancy.
Thanks Ted,

My reference to the similarities of the i1 Display Pro and the C6 were with regards to its physical attributes and construction. I feel we would both agree that the software aspects can differ greatly, allowing one type to surpass the other. My underlying reason for the post was to help satisfy others with any curiosity of what lies within.
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page