1Likes
  • 1 Post By xKempesx

post #1 of 14 Old 07-03-2014, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Vizio TV doesn't save color settings.

So I bought Vizio M401I-A3, it's a great TV, but for some reason, it doesn't save the color settings. See, you adjust it manually to like 70, but when you change the input or turn the TV off, the color goes down again. I open display settings and it's still at 70 but it looks like 50, so you have to increase it or decrease it by one unit for it to like "remember" how you left it off. It's really annoying, is there any way to fix this?

edit: You know what, I think it's actually contrast not color that's the problem. Still, have no clue as of why this is happening.

Last edited by xKempesx; 07-03-2014 at 10:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 07-04-2014, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Do a factory reset on your TV. Then make sure it is fully updated (be it software of firmware). Pick the picture mode of your choice (Movie mode is your best bet for accuracy) and your done.

On a side note, the color value should not require much change. It should stay around 50, same with tint. Do not do an eyeball calibration. Buy a calibration disk for that.

One more thing... If you apply settings on one input, you have to manually apply them to your other inputs also, unless there is a copy and paste option.
post #3 of 14 Old 07-05-2014, 06:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by xKempesx View Post
So I bought Vizio M401I-A3, it's a great TV, but for some reason, it doesn't save the color settings. See, you adjust it manually to like 70, but when you change the input or turn the TV off, the color goes down again. I open display settings and it's still at 70 but it looks like 50, so you have to increase it or decrease it by one unit for it to like "remember" how you left it off. It's really annoying, is there any way to fix this?

edit: You know what, I think it's actually contrast not color that's the problem. Still, have no clue as of why this is happening.
make sure all the enhancements and "auto" features are turned off.
like dimming, room sensor stuff
post #4 of 14 Old 07-06-2014, 01:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWldLif View Post
make sure all the enhancements and "auto" features are turned off.
like dimming, room sensor stuff
Everything's turned off.

Again, you have to increase or decrease by one unit either Color, Brightness, or Contrast for it to like "remember" your settings, though it will forget once you change the channel or change input. The only thing it saves is backlight and sharpness(among standard settings, more advanced settings like Film Mode, Color Temperature, Black Detail, Smart Dimming..etc it will remember too, but all those are turned off and are the ones I don't really care about).

Help
post #5 of 14 Old 07-06-2014, 04:08 AM

Color Temperature is important. There shouldn't be an off switch on that. I suggest contacting Vizeo support. If your TV is still under warranty, they can either fix or replace it.
post #6 of 14 Old 07-06-2014, 04:23 AM - Thread Starter

Color Temperature is there, you can choose between Cool, Normal, and Computer. But that's not the problem. The problem is that I can set color as low as 0 or as high as 100 but as soon as you turn the TV off and on again, or you change the channel, or the input, it always goes back to a "default" of 50. I'm not in Store Mode either.

I'm just screwed
And want to know something? This is my 3rd straight fauly TV in a year...

edit: When I say it goes to 50 it means that it looks like it, even though it might say 0 or 100. For example, you might set the color to 0, but then change the channel and it will look like 50, that's when you'll either increase or decrease color by a single unit and it will now "remember" that it has 0 color.

Last edited by xKempesx; 07-06-2014 at 04:26 AM.
post #7 of 14 Old 07-06-2014, 09:01 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 29
that is weird,
are there parental type settings that keep from accidently having changes nade?
call vizio
post #8 of 14 Old 07-06-2014, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWldLif View Post
that is weird,
are there parental type settings that keep from accidently having changes nade?
call vizio
No
I'm contacting them by email. Let's see what happens...
post #9 of 14 Old 07-07-2014, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Well they responded.
"Thank you for your recent inquiry with VIZIO. I would be more than happy to help you. Here at VIZIO we do offer best in class technical support.
I apologize for the troubles. We are currently rolling out a firmware update that will correct this. As long as the TV is connected to the Internet it will will automatically receive the update as it rolled out to your TV.
If you need our assistance again in the future you can contact us by chat at ----- or by phone at ---------
Thanks and have a great day!"

Odd, TV is always connected to the internet. No such update has been received. And when you go to the Support site at Vizio for the M40IL-A3 model, there's no firmware update available. Not even sure if you can actually install a firmware update for this TV.
post #10 of 14 Old 07-07-2014, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by xKempesx View Post
Odd, TV is always connected to the internet. No such update has been received. And when you go to the Support site at Vizio for the M40IL-A3 model, there's no firmware update available. Not even sure if you can actually install a firmware update for this TV.
Hi, the bug you have found maybe it's affecting other models of Vizio also, since you reported the problem to them, it will take some time for testing or trying to locate the some problem to other different production line models also. The firmware update will come probably later, sometimes it takes a month or two for a firmware update in case that the company believes that the problem is not critical for the typical operation of the display. I hope to release that update sooner.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #11 of 14 Old 07-10-2014, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Hi, the bug you have found maybe it's affecting other models of Vizio also, since you reported the problem to them, it will take some time for testing or trying to locate the some problem to other different production line models also. The firmware update will come probably later, sometimes it takes a month or two for a firmware update in case that the company believes that the problem is not critical for the typical operation of the display. I hope to release that update sooner.
Doubt it, only other case I found was on a youtube video. I believe the problem is very rare, so Vizio will most likely not do anything at all. Again, it doesn't save contrast, brigtness, nor color settings, it only remembers backlight and sharpness. Guess I'll have take it to a place where they repair tvs or something.
post #12 of 14 Old 07-10-2014, 09:24 PM

If you recently bought the TV, they should be able to replace it.
post #13 of 14 Old 07-10-2014, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKACAL View Post
If you recently bought the TV, they should be able to replace it.
HOLY.......SOMETHING HAPPENED.
I moved the TV to where my other TV is, which is in my bedroom, and when I turned it on it said "A new update is being installed", which was 1.34, and I had 1.25. And I don't understand what the hell happened. That room is the farthest away from the internet modem and the antenna signal is weaker than where I usually have it. So what the hell happened?!

Just want to say that IT'S WORKING NOW, it remembered the settings! This TV went from an 7.5 to a 10. I still don't understand what happened though. But I'm glad it's finally solved.
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

Last edited by xKempesx; 07-10-2014 at 11:33 PM.
post #14 of 14 Old 07-12-2014, 02:01 AM

Gotta get a wifi extender to increase your signal throughout the house.
Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page