Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-12-2014, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Digital display compatibility

Hello everyone,

Firstly I would like to say Hi I have just joined the forums. Secondly apologies, I am a complete technology moron.
I really need some good advice but in the simplest form due to my stupidity.
I am from the U.K and my wife is moving here from the U.S. She has a Panasonic plasma hdtv model tc-p55gt50. is this compatible and will it work in the U.K. I have been getting conflicting advice. Some say no due to PAL vs NTSC, others say that doesn't matter now both countries are digital. I have cable t.v with virgin media. I have called them twice first time said yes the t.v will work second time they said no it wouldn't. I understand that the voltage is different as are the hz in the U.K. If i got a voltage step down adapter would that suffice?. If it won't work with cable t.v will it work if connected to apple t.v?

I am totally confused and can't seem to find conclusive yes or no answer. Sorry for my lack of knowledge and again sorry if this post has already been covered, I just wanted an up to date answer as things move on quite fast and the t.v is less than a year old. I did search the forum here first before posting but couldn't find anything relating to this t.v and the question I have.

Thanks Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-12-2014, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Lightbulb

Consult the owner manual and/or the manufacturer. They are the authority, not forum members.
Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page