Room is completely black...black walls, black ceiling, 0 windows.
So with the equipment I have and going through all the steps of measuring, reading, and configuring to get what is most accurate according to my meter is only 30% of the process...what is the other 70%? I started this thread to learn, so critique away...but just remember I am not a professional and this is not how I am trying to make a living...so I am doing the best I can with what I have in the entry level. The picture to me looks good but I only had a chance to watch about 20 minutes of The Hobbit before I had to turn in so hopefully will get more viewing time in the next couple days with other material to check it out.
Crazyhog I can give you my settings if you want them but in all honesty they differ greatly from every other Benq W1070 calibrated settings that I see.
Cheyc how did your gamma track? I am throwing a 145 inch screen and using 2.2 gamma. About 10-30% grays Y were really high so I had to drop the offset a ton (my offsets are around 239) in order to hit near the Y target. From there I danced back and forth since the offset changed the brighter grays and ended up at that happy medium for gray error and Y target. I was able to get low gray errors and gamma that tracked fairly close....but I don't see many other people doing that so I am wondering if that is not what I should be doing. Or are the numbers I see correct and I should be happy with what I got?
Last edited by mystigiandoll; 07-30-2014 at 08:09 AM.